Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ignorant assumptions

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: ignorant assumptions

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertrader View Post
    Well that cant be the reason because the Americans listing the same items on bay are doing so in dollars but obviously because i am in the uk they also tell me the pound price !
    Well that's the only reason I have to offer.

I don't know what US listing you have seen on the UK site so I can't comment on those.

eBid already displays items in the currency of the site the user lands on.

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View Silvertrader's Feedback (+408)
    All-About Silvertrader
    View Silvertrader's Listings
    Forum Posts

yeh exactly
    I'll fire off an email and ask it might make a big difference
    Email sent to Googlebase-support
    I'll let you guys know
    Last edited by Silvertrader; 2nd June 2013 at 01:16 PM.
    Press below to link to my shop

http://silvertrader.ebid.net/

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CopperLocker View Post
    That's the way Martin. Putting the word is what will do it. I've got buyers here in the US that have never heard about eBid. Just have to keep letting the public know.

Here's a idea. I worked for a company that gave me a Dodge PU to drive back and forth. Sometime down the road I found some magnetic logo signs and thought what the hey, put them on. The company was already established, but it did catch some eyes of new customers.

eBid should have such signs for advertisement. I'm finding them from anywhere from 20 to 50 USD's per set. Buying them in a bulk of 25 sets should bring the price down. Just think start off with 25 vehicles driving around day and night with these signs. We would at least need 5 sets here in the US.

eBid you send me a set for eBid USA and the Mrs and I will show you off in California.

Just a thought

Anyway, Kudos to you Martin for the PI work and getting some advertisement going for eBid!
    Why dont you contact the ebid guys to see if they could give you some freebies for advertising.

I got a baseball hat using my buddy points, now the weather is nicer I will wear that wherever I go.
    Who knows maybe someone will be interested in ebid.

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

OOww a free hat ?? sweet lol i'll get on it
    However I'm busy on something else at the moment !
    Which i think will help a bit more at least in regards to my sales and hopefully also for the other coin sellers and ebid sellers in general
    For the last 6 months I've been fighting a bit of a battle with HMRC and the border force over the Vat charged on importation of Numismatic collectors items, that's Silver coins to you guys !
    So hopefully I'll be able to kick start that This week latest next week I'm just waiting for the conclusion of the parliamentary complaint that i have made against the Uk border force to be responded too by Mark Harper and Sir Charles Montgomery.
    Basically my plan is this :
    I am a Member of various online coin clubs and silver Vigilante Forums so when i release this information with all the evidence that i have that they should only be paying 5% vat and not the 20% on importations to the Uk
    I am going to go Viral with all the evidence under the name silvertrader trading on Ebid, and this should hopefully pick things up abit.
    At the moment i have it in writing from HMRC that This is the case,
    Also letters From the Borderforce issuing me refunds because i was overcharged 15% too much vat.
    So I'm just hoping that i get a confirmation Letter from The MP's stating that they will indeed Force the Borderfoce to stop overcharging people at the point of import and Comply with the rule of law, before i let the cat out of the bag and post all my Evidence so that others can follow in the foot prints of my precedent.

This is my little bit Towards a massive advertising campaign Tony

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Originally Posted by MPS16
    Are you prepared to pay for it ?

I am not.

I'm not either.

Quote Originally Posted by astral276 View Post
    Nor me.

I would like all those that deem themselves fit to direct eBid on how to run its business to state their qualifications for doing so. What businesses have they created, what level of success they made of them, etc. Even if they have successfully run businesses, without inside knowledge of eBid's business they can have no idea what is viable and what is not.

It's easy for people to sit at home and tell eBid what they should be doing. They are not the ones that have to face the consequences of taking their 'advice'.
    Very well put Mel - I totally agree.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Wow! you go Martin!
    oopsy! got the name wrong, sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertrader View Post
    OOww a free hat ?? sweet lol i'll get on it
    However I'm busy on something else at the moment !
    Which i think will help a bit more at least in regards to my sales and hopefully also for the other coin sellers and ebid sellers in general
    For the last 6 months I've been fighting a bit of a battle with HMRC and the border force over the Vat charged on importation of Numismatic collectors items, that's Silver coins to you guys !
    So hopefully I'll be able to kick start that This week latest next week I'm just waiting for the conclusion of the parliamentary complaint that i have made against the Uk border force to be responded too by Mark Harper and Sir Charles Montgomery.
    Basically my plan is this :
    I am a Member of various online coin clubs and silver Vigilante Forums so when i release this information with all the evidence that i have that they should only be paying 5% vat and not the 20% on importations to the Uk
    I am going to go Viral with all the evidence under the name silvertrader trading on Ebid, and this should hopefully pick things up abit.
    At the moment i have it in writing from HMRC that This is the case,
    Also letters From the Borderforce issuing me refunds because i was overcharged 15% too much vat.
    So I'm just hoping that i get a confirmation Letter from The MP's stating that they will indeed Force the Borderfoce to stop overcharging people at the point of import and Comply with the rule of law, before i let the cat out of the bag and post all my Evidence so that others can follow in the foot prints of my precedent.

This is my little bit Towards a massive advertising campaign Tony
    Last edited by jeweleffects; 2nd June 2013 at 05:38 PM.

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

Yeh nice work tony on convincing me to express on how I'm going to help with the mass advertising campaign
    I was going to wait abit longer before letting people know :P
    signed Martin

lol jeweleffect
    Last edited by Silvertrader; 2nd June 2013 at 05:57 PM.

Pay for it! Don't Pay for it! In reality advertisement isn't that hard. I've put up an number of ways that only take some time and not some cash. Now granted for eBid to play with the bigger kids in this block, they would have to put out some cash. They're trying to generate more funds with Adsense which is free advertisement if you sign up for it. Our listing do make it on Google, but the bigger sites pay for the front stage viewing.

Let's get real. Word of mouth. This form of advertisement can be done anywhere in public or on the net. Heck, we all spend enough time in here saying something. Why not put some of your writing time in a blog or social network. It's free!

Hey Martin, I like my shirt. A lot of people squint their eyes and ask, "What's eBid"? There's another ad put out.

Trust me I don't do enough myself, but if it cost 10 dollars to make 100, I'm game for it. I'm thinking about getting the magnetic signs for my truck and car. I figured with putting The Copper Locker and put all the sites I deal at on here. It does get attention.

But just to jump out a say I'm not paying for it. You better think twice. Some of the fees you pay here are more than likely use for the advertisement we see eBid provides now. The letter or package you send with your business or user name does cost postage, so you're advertising there. One way or another we are paying for it.

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CopperLocker View Post
    Our listing do make it on Google, but the bigger sites pay for the front stage viewing.
    Unless I read it incorrectly it does appear that our listings do get front stage listings, this is a screen capture from my stats, that appears to say that the view came from a paid listing on google.

Name:  2013-06-02_2301.png
Views: 36
Size:  8.0 KB

I did not pay for it

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Thread Information