Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ignorant assumptions

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: ignorant assumptions

Quote Originally Posted by tonyreddevil View Post
    Where i work persons i have asked had they heard of Ebid.

Only 1 person out of 15 had heard of Ebid.
    So we need Massive Advertising.
    cheers Tony
    Why not take some flyers into work then Tony?, that will be 14 more that have heard of ebid then

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Quote Originally Posted by tonyreddevil View Post
    Where i work persons i have asked had they heard of Ebid.

Only 1 person out of 15 had heard of Ebid.
    So we need Massive Advertising.
    cheers Tony

Listings are advertisements - a buyer finding eBid via a listing means there is something they want, so there is a positive result - having massive advertising would be a disaster because (as well as the cost) in the majority of cases there would be nothing they could find that would interest them.

Tony if I was keyword searching for the following:

Fishing Hooks
    Barbless Carp Hooks
    Carp Fishing Hooks
    Carp Fishing Hooks Size 8
    10 Barbless Fishing Hooks
    Sea Fishing Hooks

Your listings would not appear on my search, yet I believe you have these available.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by MPS16 View Post
    Are you prepared to pay for it ?

I am not.
    Nor me.

I would like all those that deem themselves fit to direct eBid on how to run its business to state their qualifications for doing so. What businesses have they created, what level of success they made of them, etc. Even if they have successfully run businesses, without inside knowledge of eBid's business they can have no idea what is viable and what is not.

It's easy for people to sit at home and tell eBid what they should be doing. They are not the ones that have to face the consequences of taking their 'advice'.
    Last edited by astral276; 2nd June 2013 at 11:58 AM.

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View Silvertrader's Feedback (+408)
    All-About Silvertrader
    View Silvertrader's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sherlocks got the right idea
    If you find 14 people who have never heard of ebid tell them
    As for tony mentioning that 14 out of 15 of his co workers have never heard of ebid, that's not telling ebid how to run its business that's just stating the obvious that there's work to be done !!
    And the best way to do that is to speak openly and come up with good solutions and statements like ( well take 14 flyers into work then :P ) or ( if we pay for a massive advertising campaign then fee's would go up )
    Not sure getting personal with "who are you to say anything statements" will be very productive, next thing were have threads being deleted again !!
    Last edited by Silvertrader; 2nd June 2013 at 12:19 PM.
    Press below to link to my shop

http://silvertrader.ebid.net/

As Dean says, listings are advertisements. And they are the best type because they attract potential buyers to the site. Since 17th March I have been using Google Analytics. In that time I have had 4,752 unique visitors, if all other eBidders had similar that would be almost 9,000,000 unique visitors who have now at least heard of eBid. And every time they find an item to at least look at makes that impression of eBid stronger. Sites would pay a fortune to attract those sorts of numbers, and it is free. All that is needed to maximise this huge potential is to get the message across that you need to use all the keywords you can when listing. Free advertising for eBid, more sales for the individual sellers.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertrader View Post
    As for tony mentioning that 14 out of 15 of his co workers have never heard of ebid, that's not telling ebid how to run its business that's just stating the obvious that there's work to be done !!
    Stating 'So we need Massive Advertising' is telling eBid how it should be running its business.

I have no idea of Tony's background. From his simplistic 'advice' I would suspect it is not in business creation or advertising.

He (and many others) give no indication that they have any knowledge of different advertising channels, their effectiveness for eBid's market, their start-up and ongoing cost, eBid's current available finances or future income expectations.

I suppose you could downgrade the term 'advice' to 'stating the bleedin' obvious', but without also being able to state how to achieve 'the bleedin' obvious' it is a pointless statement.

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

Yep listings are advertisements as mentioned which leaves me with this question which I've! just noticed and could use some advice on!
    Now i have my Google exemption and when i look at the Google shopping uk site i see all my adds are pretty much listed!
    however even though I'm selling worldwide when i go to Google shopping au = Australia or Google shopping .com !
    None of my adverts are listed
    Is this normal ? because i can see Americans who are advertising using the bay showing up on Google shopping Uk !
    Or should i email Google shopping to find out if my exemption only covers the uk site and ask why not worldwide ?
    because that's a lot of potential future ebid users who i cant reach and i have to wonder why
    Especially with Ebid having to pay Google shopping now to list our adds.
    Anyone know about this ?
    Or has any knowledge of whats going on here ?
    Sincerely Martin

Yep listings are advertisements as mentioned which leaves me with this question which I've! just noticed and could use some advice on!
    Now i have my Google exemption and when i look at the Google shopping uk site i see all my adds are pretty much listed!
    however even though I'm selling worldwide when i go to Google shopping au = Australia or Google shopping .com !
    None of my adverts are listed
    Is this normal ? because i can see Americans who are advertising using the bay showing up on Google shopping Uk !
    Or should i email Google shopping to find out if my exemption only covers the uk site and ask why not worldwide ?
    because that's a lot of potential future ebid users who i cant reach and i have to wonder why
    Especially with Ebid having to pay Google shopping now to list our adds.
    Anyone know about this ?
    Or has any knowledge of whats going on here ?
    Sincerely Martin
    They are uploaded to Google Shopping, I presume it is your local Google Shopping site, so Google Shopping UK for us. Hopefully potential overseas buyers will find us in a general Google search or while on the site.

All-About astral276
    Forum Posts

Now i have my Google exemption and when i look at the Google shopping uk site i see all my adds are pretty much listed!however even though I'm selling worldwide when i go to Google shopping au = Australia or Google shopping .com !
    None of my adverts are listed Is this normal ?
    I would say 'Yes', with the caveat that what is 'normal' for Google is hard to determine.

Important requirements for items to be accepted for inclusion in Google Shopping is that they are in the language and currency of the Google Shopping site that they appear on. So the fact that your items are priced in GBP means they cannot appear on the US Google Shopping site as that requires them to be priced in USD.

Ref: https://support.google.com/merchants..._topic=2701481

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

Well that cant be the reason because the Americans listing the same items on bay are doing so in dollars but obviously because i am in the uk they also tell me the pound price !
    so when i search for the item on uk google shopping its still listing these American company's with the added bonus of £40 postage fee
    but obviously my ebid adds are only showing up on the uk google shopping site !
    so why would my adds not be showing up on google shopping .com with the currency converted into the respective currency in the same way ?

i see this from your link
    ( Landing pages must list prices in the appropriate currency of the target country. The appropriate currency has to be shown by default if multiple currencies are available. Products must be displayed in and sold in the currency of the target country. )

so is there a way for me to do this ? i would have thought it would be automatic in the same way as when someone buys an item from me on ebid now
    Last edited by Silvertrader; 2nd June 2013 at 12:57 PM.

Thread Information