eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: ignorant assumptions

Default Re: ignorant assumptions

Quote Originally Posted by AlloftheAbove View Post
    I think you are missing my point a little.
    If and hopefully when eBid becomes a destination shopping stop, they will not have to put out as much effort to make the sales.
    If eBid becomes a destination, the transition from the bay to here is very similar.
    Oh I agree with you that it will be easier. And if they come back and they sell, they'll be quiet and content. Go fig. But even when the signing up, throwing up an listing, and starting a store gets easier in time, it will be the same for the real newbie that is just beginning.

In fact its time to put up a couple more listings. 2 a day at one of the sites I deal in for now until I finish some stuff for the my folks. Later I will go to 4 and then so on. Now if the sellers who spend more time complaining than listing would just do a listing a day, they might see a difference, The ones who don't wont do this for very long.

Quote Originally Posted by CopperLocker View Post
    Oh I agree with you that it will be easier. And if they come back and they sell, they'll be quiet and content. Go fig. But even when the signing up, throwing up an listing, and starting a store gets easier in time, it will be the same for the real newbie that is just beginning.

In fact its time to put up a couple more listings. 2 a day at one of the sites I deal in for now until I finish some stuff for the my folks. Later I will go to 4 and then so on. Now if the sellers who spend more time complaining than listing would just do a listing a day, they might see a difference, The ones who don't wont do this for very long.
    Been a bit lazy myself on the listing front lately. But have managed 7 tonight and have photos done for some more tomorrow.

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View Silvertrader's Feedback (+408)
    All-About Silvertrader
    View Silvertrader's Listings
    Forum Posts

Morning guys
    I hope your all doing well !
    Well i agree with most of whats being said here and put as much effort as i can into my little start up shop! and intend to stick around and make it work.
    I also think that it was a shame that the pathetic thread was deleted as i felt it was moving in a positive direction after the initial backlash that it represented over 2 other threads by new members asking for advice and help were deleted because they could not make any sales.
    Admittedly calling a thread pathetic was not the best idea on the planet but that's what happens when you have a backlash lol
    For me the 2 questions that i thought were the most important in that thread were:
    1, why were the threads deleted ? because a lot of people had taken the time to help these people and give some really good advice on how to do things differently.
    2, the same thing kept coming up that these new members had to change their habits, think outside the box and put in some thought and effort to make a difference, however my question was but what are ebid doing ? what thought and effort are they putting in to make a difference.
    So i took the time to message ebid support and ask these 2 questions, no other option being open due to the thread being removed.

In typical ebid support style i promptly received a reply which i feel is informative, constructive and helpful ( i do like these guys ) and answered my 2nd question completely to my satisfaction, still working on the the first question but it is now being looked at.
    i will post the exchange of messages below
    Last edited by Silvertrader; 1st June 2013 at 04:55 AM.
    Press below to link to my shop

http://silvertrader.ebid.net/

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

My initial message:
    Dear sir/Madam, This is by no means urgent but i feel important. Over
    > the last few days a few threads concerning members having trouble
    > making sales have been deleted resulting in a bit of a backlash
    > yesterday in a thread called pathetic, personally i thought the
    > thread name was not very useful but it was a result of previous
    > normal threads that had been deleted with simple names like ( I cant
    > make any sales ). now a few of the comments were unhelpful but most were
    > helpful in nature, concerning common mistakes made by new
    > members, exchange of ideas on how to improve sales and also
    > constructive criticism and people coming together to think outside of
    > the box abit. By deleting these threads you have not only left a bad
    > taste in a lot of members mouths and alienated them from further
    > involvement in the forums but have just delayed the inevitable next
    > thread that will be started by the next new member who after a month
    > cant seem to make sales! only for that to be deleted within 24 hours
    > again because it had a very simple fundamental question expressed in
    > it ! What are ebids plans for future growth and what is ebids plans
    > for advertising its platform ? can you explain to me who and why
    > these threads are being deleted ? and what you are hoping to achieve
    > by doing it apart from acting exactly like ebay and ****ing everyone
    > off ? Yours sincerely Martin

This was the reply from ebid:

Hi Martin,

We appreciate your email.

Our expenditure throughout Google Shopping continues to rise and has increased dramatically in the last 6 months. This will continue as we fine tune uploads that reflect the changes that have been imposed by Google. Google Shopping is no longer a free service. We are committed to continuing free uploads for our Seller+ members.

The eBid App will be available for download shortly which will hopefully increase mobile e-commerce at eBid. This will be launched very shortly along with the API.

We have recently started to gear up our social campaigns, most notably on Pinterest and Facebook. This will continue at pace as we begin to explore other social market places. You will see more and more categories (Go to Facebook and type in eBid in the search as an example) over the coming weeks and months in various disguises and forms from competitions to general social category activities in a multitude of new social pages.

We consider the forums your territory and for the members to exchange healthy views and we will try to avoid getting into a direct debate. We have tried to remove the specific inappropriate listings by members to avoid deletion of the main body of the threads in the past which has resulted in a Labyrinth of postings that often have no direct correlation with the remaining or existing thread. Furthermore, and more importantly, we are 'all hands to the pump' and we simply do not have the time to wade through threads to weed out isolated inappropriate postings that can often change the dynamics of genuine postings. This is incredible time consuming. Our priority is to continue progressing and building the site. Therefore, we will allow threads to tick along but if we consider the thread to have become inappropriate and non constructive. IE aggressive, slanderous or threatening between members, we will remove the entire thread.

If there are constructive points we encourage you to post your message in the 'Website Suggestions' thread. We monitor this section very closely and whilst we may not respond, we do discuss internally.

Thank you for your continued support on this journey with us.

Best Wishes
    eBid Support Team

Now this response from support made me feel a lot better regarding question 2 and completely answered that question as far as i am concerned much to my delight, however i wanted to get to the bottom of question 1 so i sent another message!
    Last edited by Silvertrader; 1st June 2013 at 05:01 AM.

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

My second message:

Thank you very much for the informative and prompt reply and i applaud you for your efforts and future plans,
    However I'm still not sure if i understand correctly who deleted the threads in question over the last 5 days ?
    can you elaborate on whether it was you who decided to delete them or was it someone else who has been given the authority by you to do so ?
    From what i understand from your reply below i get the impression that you seem to leave it up to us but obviously no one who posted in the last thread asking why the other threads had been deleted had a say in this !
    Now if it was you that deleted it after receiving complaints then fair enough but if there is someone deleting threads on your behalf i have to question there decision making ability !
    a lot of time and effort went into those threads by various members giving helpful advice to the members asking for help only to see it deleted multiple times in multiple threads
    and as i predicted a new thread was started today again on the same topic, the only difference is not many people seem to be posting reply's on the basis that everyone seems to think it will only get deleted anyway.
    Sincerely Martin

And the reply from ebid was

Hi Martin,

What was the exact title name of the thread and we will look.

Best Wishes
    eBid Support Team

naturally i am now supplying the thread names and personally i feel confident that my original statement from the sadly named pathetic thread that was deleted still stands up
    the ebid community = great
    Ebid support = Brilliant
    but now with the added bonus of me adding Ebid is also doing its bit and has plans
    Last edited by Silvertrader; 1st June 2013 at 05:09 AM.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

very interesting...i note that the reasons for the removal of a thread are actually in line with just about any other civilised forum and as it happens the "pathetic" thread did not meet the criteria for any of the reasons for removal as outlined. Therefore, there was no good reason for its disappearance, i would also include the many others that have vanished.

Now if Ebid are not removing these ....then it seems reasonable to ask who is.

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have often wondered this question.
    1.) Can anybody report the thread to ebid-yes they can.
    2.)Are there 12 ebidders to patrol the forums.- i woundnt be surprised.

i do know that one you can tell Ebid all the information about a deleted thread and they will ask for further details.
    cheers Tony

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

Well I'm pretty confident that I'll get a decent response and answer and when i do I'll happily post it here
    In other news:
    There's a European community center for business start ups here in my local area and the silly Muppet's had a sign in the window
    Saying ( Do you have cash in your attic ? ) if so go to ebay !!
    So i walked in and told him that Ebid was much better due to the low fee's and Free listing, after i showed him on his computer he agreed !
    so on Monday he is taking the sign down and putting an Ebid sign up instead lol
    I might walk past and take a before and after picture for the crack

Quote Originally Posted by Silvertrader View Post
    Well I'm pretty confident that I'll get a decent response and answer and when i do I'll happily post it here
    In other news:
    There's a European community center for business start ups here in my local area and the silly Muppet's had a sign in the window
    Saying ( Do you have cash in your attic ? ) if so go to ebay !!
    So i walked in and told him that Ebid was much better due to the low fee's and Free listing, after i showed him on his computer he agreed !
    so on Monday he is taking the sign down and putting an Ebid sign up instead lol
    I might walk past and take a before and after picture for the crack
    I think this warrants it's own thread, A few people might miss this on this thread. Not the EU stuff (well possibly), but the replies you have had regarding 'Pathetic'.

All-About Silvertrader
    Forum Posts

I'll think on it kreative,
    It just seemed appropriate to post it here as it was already being mentioned
    but i think I'll wait for the last response and answer first,
    And then I'll make a thread if people think its a good idea.

Thread Information