Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: ignorant assumptions

At the moment I'm having a bit of a 'time out'

<so I don't give a monkey's>

Things do sell here and without too much effort really.

Get the right product - right price - Right keywords etc etc.

Magic it aint!

Quote Originally Posted by tkauctionworldwide View Post
    I agree, but I also agree with Munkee
    Some newbie sellers do not want to put in the effort of getting established here on ebid.
    Those sellers could be sorry in the future that they did not put the effort in.
    Ebay is slowly evolving away from their small sellers, like Munkees states best they get established here sooner rather than later.
    The sellers that do not want to put in the effort will not be sorry.
    They will be back when it is easier to sell on here after other people put out the effort.

All of the Above Collectibles Plus

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    The problem is that in the majority of cases they just act is if they are on eBay. They take the easiest options. Import everything using the Ninja lister without checking all is OK, RUS, no gallery, same price or more expensive. Then after a month they quit and complain that there are no sales on eBid. Unfortunately eBay has created a vast number of sellers who think all you need to do s list and a buyer will magically appear.
    Took the words right out of my mouth/fingers

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kazeran View Post
    I could not agree more.
    As I wander through the "I cannot sell" postings the one over riding factor seems to be a culture of "I list, they buy" swiftly followed by the "Why is it not happening here?" question.
    Generally speaking, the people with that attitude will never stay. They are simply spoiled by the ebay retail model, they are unable to consider a change of tactic, and in some cases even become aggressive and resentful. You cannot help or educate someone who is not listening.
    I do agree with what you say, I've seen it time and time again here on the forums.

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AlloftheAbove View Post
    The sellers that do not want to put in the effort will not be sorry.
    They will be back when it is easier to sell on here after other people put out the effort.
    Yes they will, but they will have to learn & put some effort in the future, rather than getting established here & now.
    Shutting the stable door after the horse as bolted comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinakarenmille View Post
    Yes they will, but they will have to learn & put some effort in the future, rather than getting established here & now.
    Shutting the stable door after the horse as bolted comes to mind.
    Agree, and those of us who can sell will do even better. because we will still be the ones with the better keywords and will be running listings on 7-10 days with gallery pictures. We will get the majority of direct sales on the site and still be picking up more on Google.

Now there's a thought. Magical Buyers. Won't that be a lovely world. I call on the magical buyers to buy! Nothing? Darn!

I've seen some whining from the sellers that are wanting a fast turn around. I've looked at some listings and I can see why they aren't selling. I watched as good folks here have lent a hand or suggestion to assist the needy.

What I get a real kick out of is watching the volleys that get going on the forums. The one that was named "Pathetic" was fun to watch. It was interesting to see the banter back and forth. A goodly effort was made by many to create that debate.

But the forums to me, liken to the forums of civilization from the days of old. Where one idea can get a group to came together and have a discussion of the brought up topic to the fullest and after great deliberation would either, applaud, poison, stab or stone the one. Ah, where did the good ole days go?

The forums are for anyone who is dealing on eBid. Granted we don't like some of them, but it's a right that the site gave to all of us. The nice part is that we don't have to participate with the ones we choose not too. Wasted words are like sand. They're blown around and forgotten in time. I know it's like a train wreck and you just got to look, but you don't have to say anything if it's going to be nothing more than a waste of your time. If you do run into this, take a deep breath, grab the popcorn and watch for a while.

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by CopperLocker View Post
    Now there's a thought. Magical Buyers. Won't that be a lovely world. I call on the magical buyers to buy! Nothing? Darn!

I've seen some whining from the sellers that are wanting a fast turn around. I've looked at some listings and I can see why they aren't selling. I watched as good folks here have lent a hand or suggestion to assist the needy.

What I get a real kick out of is watching the volleys that get going on the forums. The one that was named "Pathetic" was fun to watch. It was interesting to see the banter back and forth. A goodly effort was made by many to create that debate.

But the forums to me, liken to the forums of civilization from the days of old. Where one idea can get a group to came together and have a discussion of the brought up topic to the fullest and after great deliberation would either, applaud, poison, stab or stone the one. Ah, where did the good ole days go?

The forums are for anyone who is dealing on eBid. Granted we don't like some of them, but it's a right that the site gave to all of us. The nice part is that we don't have to participate with the ones we choose not too. Wasted words are like sand. They're blown around and forgotten in time. I know it's like a train wreck and you just got to look, but you don't have to say anything if it's going to be nothing more than a waste of your time. If you do run into this, take a deep breath, grab the popcorn and watch for a while.

Have fun!
    I generally post on those type of threads, hopefully the OP will take heed of my sometimes wise words, but if just one person read the thread and takes note then our humble efforts were not wasted. The pathetic thread was fun while it lasted, and if I was in control it would not have been pulled. The OP on that showed with his comments and language the type of people who do not sell on here, and anybody reading his comments would have completely ignored them.

I think you are missing my point a little.
    If and hopefully when eBid becomes a destination shopping stop, they will not have to put out as much effort to make the sales.
    If eBid becomes a destination, the transition from the bay to here is very similar.

All of the Above Collectibles Plus

Quote Originally Posted by AlloftheAbove View Post
    I think you are missing my point a little.
    If and hopefully when eBid becomes a destination shopping stop, they will not have to put out as much effort to make the sales.
    If eBid becomes a destination, the transition from the bay to here is very similar.
    Agreed, but you and I would both like it to be a destination site for buyers. And when (not if) it does we will all be far more content. Yes there will be sellers profiting off our work in these earlier days, but that is generally the case. Even so I still think that we will profit more. If there were 20 million listings on eBid and half were listed as RUS then mine would still show above 10 million of them. I would still pick up buyers through Google due to better keywords. Bring on these sellers, I relish the competition.

Thread Information