Thread: ignorant assumptions

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default ignorant assumptions

As i often can be found to be doing i was within the last hour taking a look around another sites forums and reading the many tales of woe relating to "i'm below standard and it looks like i'll be banned from selling", well ....anyway the latest victim was telling how they're soon to be kicked off, and upon making the suggestion that they now check out the other selling platforms that exist (this is code for look a ebid). I was met with the response that they had "looked " at this and it appeared to offer no sales.
    where is the banging my head up against the wall emoticon?....i can't find it.

So, they had learnt this via "looking"?

Default Re: ignorant assumptions

Forum Diehard
    All-About cerealmunkee
    Forum Posts

Many thanks.....that is exactly the one that i need.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    So, they had learnt this via "looking"?
    Probably get that opinion from those negative "can't sell anything here" forum threads that you believe eBid should allow to be plastered over their business.

Forum Diehard
    All-About cerealmunkee
    Forum Posts

Well i think that this a slightly different matter as the "can't sell anything on here" threads allow those of us who can sell over here to explain in great detail why such a misconception has wrongly been held, and these threads can only bring good results for those who participate and view these discussions.
    The myth that nothing sells on Ebid is in fact spread by potential sellers who try the site out, who are currently using the other site, only to find that they are getting no views let alone sales.
    There is always one common over riding factor here and that is that these people have taken up the offer of "list for free", which as you'll know only too well means no thumbnail, no upload to Google,no buy it now option, and ultimately no visibility.
    This is where this myth comes from....how do i know?....because i debate and discuss these issues with these potential sellers.
    When these people test drive the site and come away empty handed, what impression are they going to be left with?

In fact these threads act as safety net.
    Last edited by cerealmunkee; 31st May 2013 at 05:09 PM. Reason: i need to improve my spelling.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

And for that ‘’the charts’’ will reassure many around who still ‘’looking’’….
    Is just ‘’shortcut’’ from longer way for the lookers who need spend hours and hours around to find out who selling what and for how…
    And yep…’’bids’’ must be shown….

Or at least eBid can put sales statistics in front page anyone to see…
    In my opinion particular site ‘’must be’’ different from other similar sites who don't do that, just to reassure peoples….and to STOP peoples talking like for example: ‘’All that is same’’…

P.S. Dzambo wishes you good sales to all and good health…I go back to my work…......

Forum Saint
    View tonyreddevil's Feedback (+74)
    All-About tonyreddevil
    View tonyreddevil's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    Well i think that this a slightly different matter as the "can't sell anything on here" threads allow those of us who can sell over here to explain in great detail why such a misconception has wrongly been held, and these threads can only bring good results for those who participate and view these discussions.
    The myth that nothing sells on Ebid is in fact spread by potential sellers who try the site out, who are currently using the other site, only to find that they are getting no views let alone sales.
    There is always one common over riding factor here and that is that these people have taken up the offer of "list for free", which as you'll know only too well means no thumbnail, no upload to Google,no buy it now option, and ultimately no visibility.
    This is where this myth comes from....how do i know?....because i debate and discuss these issues with these potential sellers.
    When these people test drive the site and come away empty handed, what impression are they going to be left with?

In fact these threads act as safety net.
    Totally agree.
    cheers Tony

The problem is that in the majority of cases they just act is if they are on eBay. They take the easiest options. Import everything using the Ninja lister without checking all is OK, RUS, no gallery, same price or more expensive. Then after a month they quit and complain that there are no sales on eBid. Unfortunately eBay has created a vast number of sellers who think all you need to do s list and a buyer will magically appear.

View kazeran's Feedback (+7908)
    All-About kazeran
    View kazeran's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    The problem is that in the majority of cases they just act is if they are on eBay. They take the easiest options. Import everything using the Ninja lister without checking all is OK, RUS, no gallery, same price or more expensive. Then after a month they quit and complain that there are no sales on eBid. Unfortunately eBay has created a vast number of sellers who think all you need to do s list and a buyer will magically appear.
    I could not agree more.
    As I wander through the "I cannot sell" postings the one over riding factor seems to be a culture of "I list, they buy" swiftly followed by the "Why is it not happening here?" question.
    Generally speaking, the people with that attitude will never stay. They are simply spoiled by the ebay retail model, they are unable to consider a change of tactic, and in some cases even become aggressive and resentful. You cannot help or educate someone who is not listening.

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    I agree, but I also agree with Munkee
    Some newbie sellers do not want to put in the effort of getting established here on ebid.
    Those sellers could be sorry in the future that they did not put the effort in.
    Ebay is slowly evolving away from their small sellers, like Munkees states best they get established here sooner rather than later.

Thread Information