eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: YDC 110 Announcement Thread - 24th - 28th May 2013 St. Clare's Hospice

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: YDC 110 Announcement Thread - 24th - 28th May 2013 St. Clare's Hospice

Quote Originally Posted by moonwitch View Post
    Methinks we are going to have to keep an eye on Sherlock....I reckon he is a bit of a one

Wats-on
    your mind Moony ?
    Last edited by RonOne; 21st May 2013 at 03:15 PM.

Default Re: YDC 110 Announcement Thread - 24th - 28th May 2013 St. Clare's Hospice

As Cornish says, if you are new to ebid, why not join in the fun of the YDC. Remember Your Donation Counts. Either make bids on some of the items or better still join in by selling something to help this months good cause.

A brief history of YDC

The YDC charity auctions were started back in 2003 by YorkiesAuctions (he also started the monthly charity auctions on ebay uk several years before too). The original name of the monthly charity auctions was Yorkies Daft Competition the reason being that forum members competed against each other to raise the largest amount for charity each month and Yorkie came up with the idea and ran the competition. When Yorkie had to stop running the YDC in late 2006 due to family and work commitments the name of the auctions were changed to Your Donation Counts. The YDC is currently run by Vonz.
    The YDC is open to all Ebid members and is a fun way to raise money for charity. YDC announcements can be found on eBID's Charity Auctions forum, and forum members are always happy to help new members wishing to take part in YDC. Each month the winner of YDC gets to nominate the following YDC's featured charity. Members may support the featured charity or support a charity of their own choice.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by booksntings View Post
    As Cornish says, if you are new to ebid, why not join in the fun of the YDC. Remember Your Donation Counts. Either make bids on some of the items or better still join in by selling something to help this months good cause.

A brief history of YDC

The YDC charity auctions were started back in 2003 by YorkiesAuctions (he also started the monthly charity auctions on ebay uk several years before too). The original name of the monthly charity auctions was Yorkies Daft Competition the reason being that forum members competed against each other to raise the largest amount for charity each month and Yorkie came up with the idea and ran the competition. When Yorkie had to stop running the YDC in late 2006 due to family and work commitments the name of the auctions were changed to Your Donation Counts. The YDC is currently run by Vonz.
    The YDC is open to all Ebid members and is a fun way to raise money for charity. YDC announcements can be found on eBID's Charity Auctions forum, and forum members are always happy to help new members wishing to take part in YDC. Each month the winner of YDC gets to nominate the following YDC's featured charity. Members may support the featured charity or support a charity of their own choice.
    What Books said, (a wise man, if I do miss his old avatar).

Listed YDCs, all ready to go!

Happy almost YDC,

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    What Books said, (a wise man, if I do miss his old avatar).

Listed YDCs, all ready to go!

Happy almost YDC,
    Don't worry Sues the clothes don't stay on for too long, the kilt man will return soon.

In the meantime come on folks get listing for the YDC, I am trying to pin most if not all on my YDC Pinterest board.
    http://pinterest.com/pin/334110866076012346/

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just added another 2 and it's 2 days to go, if I can count correctly

A brief history of YDC

One thing that was a little confusing to me when I first got involved in the competition.

It seems the winner is the person that lists the item that raises the most money vs the person who raises the most money.

So if person A lists 10 items that raise $10 each and person B lists 1 item that raises $100, then person B is the winner.

Do I have that right?

I bring it up, only because if you are serious about winning the competion it would change what type of items you might list.

No matter what ... it's always for a great cause and lots of fun.

And for all those new to eBid, I can say from my own experience that the "regulars" are wonderful about helping you figure it all out.

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    One thing that was a little confusing to me when I first got involved in the competition.

It seems the winner is the person that lists the item that raises the most money vs the person who raises the most money.

So if person A lists 10 items that raise $10 each and person B lists 1 item that raises $100, then person B is the winner.

Do I have that right?

I bring it up, only because if you are serious about winning the competion it would change what type of items you might list.

No matter what ... it's always for a great cause and lots of fun.

And for all those new to eBid, I can say from my own experience that the "regulars" are wonderful about helping you figure it all out.
    You got it, yes it's the final value of one item. So it is up to the generosity of both seller (strat price of 99p or less) and the bidders. In the past we have had some really good winning items and a multitude of charities supported.

So far we have around 70 items listed, with more to come I hope.

So come on in and join in the fun, let's all help some worthwhile causes.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post

Do I have that right?

Absolutely...I always list at least one competition entry that has a fair chance of winning

I have already got a fundraiser in mind for the next time I win

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Don't worry Sues the clothes don't stay on for too long, the kilt man will return soon.

In the meantime come on folks get listing for the YDC, I am trying to pin most if not all on my YDC Pinterest board.
    http://pinterest.com/pin/334110866076012346/
    Woohoo! Now there's something to celebrate.

Still time to list for YDC 110, the more the merrier!

Happy almost YDC,

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think I have overdone it...4 YDC auctions listed...one of them is for the cats

Thread Information