Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: What Kind of Buyer Are You?

Voters
21. You may not vote on this poll
  • I like to buy it now (BIN); Hate the Wait!

3 14.29%
  • I like to buy it now if the price is right

2 9.52%
  • I like to bid on low start (< 99c) no reserve auctions

2 9.52%
  • I like to bid on reasonable reserve price (1st bid)

0 0%
  • I like bidding or BIN

2 9.52%
  • I like the Make An Offer (MAO) feature

1 4.76%
  • I like all the buying features! All of the Above!

11 52.38%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buying Styles? What Turns Buyers on? :-)

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Buying Styles? What Turns Buyers on? :-)

Yep…but all that can be achieve where high traffic is
    And that mean you’re no need only couple buyers and ‘’stop by’’ and buy cheap bunch of stuff and not come back any time soon… ( I have before some buyers who stop by in my shop and buy 30…40…50..cheap items but not come back or other new one but not come often)
    If traffic high that’s different story ‘’many’’ can stop by and buy from you only couple cheap items but that ‘’many diffrent buyers’’ is hundreds or more a day with 2-3 or 4 only cheap items but in the end of day you can see ‘’picture’’…

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

The poll continues to demonstrate that at least the responding buyers prefer various options (choices). If anything we could use more choices.

I can think of a few. But we can already add messages in our "About Me Page" ; "Listing Notification Section" ; "Listing Description" ; etc. Have heard sellers indicate they accept chocolate, stamps, or other such things.

I would consider accepting silver, gold, in any form; or things like certain coins, as a payment method. Bartering or trading would probably be fun also.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    The poll continues to demonstrate that at least the responding buyers prefer various options (choices). If anything we could use more choices.

I can think of a few. But we can already add messages in our "About Me Page" ; "Listing Notification Section" ; "Listing Description" ; etc. Have heard sellers indicate they accept chocolate, stamps, or other such things.

I would consider accepting silver, gold, in any form; or things like certain coins, as a payment method. Bartering or trading would probably be fun also.
    Another site I sell at has an option to trade/swap. I thought about it for a while and although I would like to barter, this site does not carry the clout to protect either party and neither does eBid. Example: We make a deal to swap/trade items. We agree that I will send you silver in exchange for the cash value of your item and you will send me the item. Other than messaging a emailing there is no guarantee. Now luckily we have the good looks an the honest faces of angles, but I think you know what I mean. Nope, to much risk. Unless eBid had an account dedicated to backing these types of transactions it's a gamble for both recipients.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CopperLocker View Post
    Another site I sell at has an option to trade/swap. I thought about it for a while and although I would like to barter, this site does not carry the clout to protect either party and neither does eBid. Example: We make a deal to swap/trade items. We agree that I will send you silver in exchange for the cash value of your item and you will send me the item. Other than messaging a emailing there is no guarantee. Now luckily we have the good looks an the honest faces of angles, but I think you know what I mean. Nope, to much risk. Unless eBid had an account dedicated to backing these types of transactions it's a gamble for both recipients.
    I understand what you mean. These type of transactions can work, and do work. However, they work with companies that have the clout to enforce the transaction. First of all, they require that your "gold" or "silver" be submitted for validation. It is a highly controlled process. I would not think of suggesting eBid enter into these arrangements. They have enough on their plate; and I want to see the API, etc up & going.

There are sellers on here that I would be very comfortable entering into such an agreement. I consider them reputable sellers. I consider myself a reputable seller. No "angel faces" being considered, just track records. But yes, you are quite correct. I would not consider this just in general or casually.

I love the idea. Bartering is a nice way to do business. But like you said eBid has to much on their plate. But it's still a good thought on your part.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Olliesitems View Post
    Hi There Burgyeb.....

As a buyer on e.bid (or any other site) I am not bothered which system is used by the seller.....

All I look for is the item I require and at a price I am happy to pay..... The system in which it is presented matters not to me.....

I am happy to Bid in auction..... BIN..... or Make an offer..... Either way is no problem.....

Kindest Regards.....

Ollie.
    Ditto Ollie, though I tend to prefer BINs over auction style listings, (with the exception of YDCs), as I'm not the luckiest bidder in the world, LOL.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CopperLocker View Post
    I love the idea. Bartering is a nice way to do business. But like you said eBid has to much on their plate. But it's still a good thought on your part.
    Thanks Copper.

Well, a few more days if anyone would like to vote or post comments. Thank you to everyone who has done so already.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Plenty of options, that hopefully will continue to increase; as well as freedom of option choice, seems to be the prevailing desire of many on eBid.

Answers:

1) No, I have enough gates thank you.
    2) Chocolate.

As a seller I don't like MAO, it encourages silly offers... I tried it once and had to remove it before I took a walk bout 30 miles north east and kept going (on the maps its a big blue area). It seems MAO is used by other dealers to make silly offers on the off-chance they succeed. Fending off these people was really annoying.

As a buyer I use both auction and BIN.
    I remember everything, even what happened tomorrow.

games4mac ~ DragonsRest ~ DragonsRest Lounge ~ Windfall

Meet my avatar: Qu the engineer and enchanter. Who else could invent the armour piercing rabbit (can dig holes through anything) and the duck gun (fires rubber ducks)?
    Join me on eBid here.

God bless eBid and all who sale in her!

Forum Master
    View darklisruthven's Feedback (+1327)
    All-About darklisruthven
    View darklisruthven's Listings
    Forum Posts

It depends, I dont mind bidding sometimes, but as most of my buying is "stuff I actually need asap for something" I will usually use Buy Now if it is available/ if it is a price I am happy to pay.

Thread Information