Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Did you move over from eBay?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a seller who DID move over from eBay

15 83.33%
  • I am a seller who DID NOT move over from eBay

3 16.67%
  • I am a buyer who DID move over from eBay

0 0%
  • I am a buyer who DID NOT move over from eBay

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stamp buyers and Sellers moving over from eBay

Forum Newbie
    View golowenow's Feedback (+684)
    All-About golowenow
    View golowenow's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Stamp buyers and Sellers moving over from eBay

Hi,
    I thought it would be interesting to see how many buyers and sellers are moving over from eBay.
    I have although I still sell there once in a while but with the high fees and risks caused by their DSR system
    I feel that eBid treats sellers (at least) much better and more fairly.
    Your thoughts and comments welcome!
    And please take the poll!

Default Re: Stamp buyers and Sellers moving over from eBay

eBid treats buyers and sellers equally fairly. Because it is a n actual person who responds they rely on the evidence rather than an automated answer that frequently gets it wrong.

As for eBay and the dreaded DSR's. I do not think that all eBay sellers know the risks they face with this system. Many good sellers fall foul of it due to a few bad buyers.

What we do need to do is to keep on getting the message across to those still on eBay. There is a home for you with low fees and fair policies where you can sell if you put a bit of effort into it.

Come on eBayers, make the move to eBid, you will be glad you did, I know I am.

View gonzo45's Feedback (+7459)
    All-About gonzo45
    View gonzo45's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi Guys,

Why so much emphasis on eBay Sellers ? - There must be at least 4 other Websites that are better (for stamps) than eBay and I am not so sure that we want to import the bad habits that some (Bad) sellers there have.....

Why not see how many sellers have moved from Delcampe - They are the ones that have recently increased their selling fees.....

Cheers

Steve..

Hi All,

I am a stamp seller who is new here but have been selling on the "other place" for over three years. It will be interesting to see how stamps go here (any advice would be much appreciated!)

Everybody on this thread is saying that ebid treats sellers - and buyers - very fairly. From my limited experience, I have no complaints whatsoever. I have contacted customer support twice and both times had very fast replies. This site is great!!

James

http://the-stamp-cellar.ebid.net/

The Stamp Cellar
    GB, Commonwealth & French stamps

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, things are very fair here. No silly unfair not-fit-for purpose policies that go against sellers' legal rights like on FeeBay. No silly nonsense with seller ratings and feedback either like being denied your right as a seller to deal with con artist buyers. No forcing of free shipping on specific items here like there is on FeeBay when shipping costs are an ever-increasing cost for sellers and buyers alike. eBid is just so much better on so many levels. May take time to rebuild a customer base here, sales may go slow here and there but as long as you are fair on price and postage costs you should do alright, or as fair as possible on postage costs given the crazy increases around the world over the past few years due mainly to the cost of fuel for transporting.

There's seems to be quite a few sellers here now selling stamps so hopefully you will do just as well as them.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and wecome to eBid. I have found eBid fair to both sellers and buyers. I came here mainly to sell, but consider myself a buyer as well. Had left eBay long ago because of the rising fees, buyer centric practices, and unfairness of he DSR system to sellers. I saw what was coming for sellers, so I left, and do not sell there now.

Used to sell during free listing days, but decided it is not worth the effort. Sales are not as brisk over there, buyers are more abusive of sellers, and eBay themselves mistreats sellers. It is just not worth the risk for the small to moderate sized seller. IMHO, sellers who can manage to move from Ebay totally, to eBid and other alternative venues, will be in best position to combat unfair seller practices. Each seller has to make a decision for themselves though.

Hope new sellers do well with their sales on eBid.

Forum Newbie
    View golowenow's Feedback (+684)
    All-About golowenow
    View golowenow's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello all!
    Good to see the replies and votes!
    eBid is growing...slowly. Reviews are mixed out there on the web but mostly positive.
    There is one difference that many do not see. When eBay was started there was no competitive sites
    running against them. Ebid is fighting an uphill battle against such a monster.
    Promotion is key to succeeding. Vigilance also key. I have sold nothing here over the past year but that is because I am highly specialized.
    Also because my research is more important to me than sales.

More sellers are joining and it is only a matter of time for many sellers.
    One thing sellers should do in the stamp world....sell items on ebid that can only be found...on ebid!
    Don't sell junk...quality is key.
    I have only just begun here on ebid and came in expecting no quick sales.
    We as smaller sellers grew eBay to what it is. We can do the same for eBid.
    Patience and vigilance is all that is needed.
    Help yourselves and eBid by promoting your items and eBid in forums, blogs, websites, on and on!
    Ignore the dissidents, for they are always there complaining, be it buyers or sellers.

As sellers, use the highest standards in all regards. Customer service being key. Happy customers always come back!
    Good luck to all!

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am another mover, I had four separate accounts on feepay, all with shops. Sales fell away when nobody could find what I was selling in their search no matter how I tweaked my listings. I also run 4 websites but will be putting my biggest effort into eBid. I will rotate stock between here and my sites so that there should be constantly changing stock for sale. I also had a B & M shop in a business centre until the council decided to shut it down and force a lot of SMEs out on to the street. I was lucky to have my online business to fall back on, well, until they decided to hide my listings. I've got my stock out of storage now after a house move and will be putting it on here to sell. It won't be a quick process for me, but I have plenty of time to devote to listings.
    Customer service is a priority if we are all to make eBid the success it deserves to be.

Have you ever read the posts on feepay's community section? What a lot of doom and gloom from both buyers and sellers. The eBid community is so different and helpful, what a breath of fresh air.
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Forum Newbie
    View asphalt24's Feedback (+19)
    All-About asphalt24
    View asphalt24's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Poscar View Post
    I am another mover, I had four separate accounts on feepay, all with shops. Sales fell away when nobody could find what I was selling in their search no matter how I tweaked my listings. I also run 4 websites but will be putting my biggest effort into eBid. I will rotate stock between here and my sites so that there should be constantly changing stock for sale. I also had a B & M shop in a business centre until the council decided to shut it down and force a lot of SMEs out on to the street. I was lucky to have my online business to fall back on, well, until they decided to hide my listings. I've got my stock out of storage now after a house move and will be putting it on here to sell. It won't be a quick process for me, but I have plenty of time to devote to listings.
    Customer service is a priority if we are all to make eBid the success it deserves to be.

Have you ever read the posts on feepay's community section? What a lot of doom and gloom from both buyers and sellers. The eBid community is so different and helpful, what a breath of fresh air.
    I moved over here too. I have a lot of stamps and covers on ebid. Much nicer atmosphere here. I have make an offer on a lot of my stamp items. Sell lets of stamps to folks in Canada. I accepted bill me later payments from Paypal on all orders of $99 or more. Username Asphalt24. I am going to open a store very shortly. That's how much we like it here. Going to add many exciting stamp issue in the coming weeks. Hope to meet some great folks on ebid. We are here to stay.

View Posbear's Feedback (+43)
    All-About Posbear
    View Posbear's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome aboard
    Graham

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it is about learning to dance in the rain.

Thread Information