Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: suggest getting more people signed up

Quote Originally Posted by abdulaziz20119 View Post
    Well I have proven my point. Not one bid, question, or sale on Ebid and went back to Ebay and connected a Bonanza account and sold one of the major products and more of the smaller ones. So Ebid loses my business because the Bonanza/Ebay combination worked, Ebid didn't!
    Unfortunately i have no way of viewing your listings to reach a conclusion as to why you found Ebid to be devoid of sales, but i did pick up on a word that you used and that was "auction".
    There's no ther way to say it, other than like it is ....and like it is....is , that Ebid is not a site that i would advise anyone to use as an auction site, there simply is not enough in house buyer/bidder traffic to make such a format successful.
    Ebid is a "buy it now" venue, even Ebid themselves concede to this, the After auction log is now known as the after sale log. Doesn't this tell you something?

It's free to list on Ebid so many new and potential sellers are informed....this must stop, as it is channeling too many people in the wrong direction and i'm afraid is leaving all who enter via this route sorely disappointed.

All sellers should use the the platinum listing format as this is the way that your listings can achieve widespread visibility....it is also a bargain at only 5c.

So....you managed to sell the items on Ebay?.....predictable enough if you're not using Ebid to its full advantage. with that in mind, why do so many people seem to assume that you cannot sell using Ebid and Ebay/amazon/Ecrater at the same time?
    OP....why don't you try listing on Ebid in a different way and experiment until your view count increases?, like it or not, much is changing over on that site and smart small scale Ebay sellers are now understanding that it is no longer a good idea to solely rely on Ebay as a selling platform due its fickle nature....think about the troublesome dsr system.

Quote Originally Posted by abdulaziz20119 View Post
    Well I have proven my point. Not one bid, question, or sale on Ebid and went back to Ebay and connected a Bonanza account and sold one of the major products and more of the smaller ones. So Ebid loses my business because the Bonanza/Ebay combination worked, Ebid didn't!

Not sure exactly what point you think you may have proven.

On your original post - that was the other baseball which had gone unsold on the bay with bids only up to $10.50 (failed to sell because of the reserve price) - you listed it here at $89.99 and blamed eBid because your items weren't selling at far more expensive levels than they weren't selling on the bay.

So what was there to prove......? did that item sell on the bay - nope, did it sell on eBid at an extortionate mark up - of course not.

So the major product that sold............ the one that has been available for sale on eBid. You accepted a best offer on the bay - went for $66.02. On eBid it was priced at $99.99.

All that proves to me is that you sold it for far less than the price you had listed on eBid. I am sure all the buyers on eBid are absolutely devastated at not being able to buy your items on here at far greater amounts than you are prepared to sell for elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post

On your original post - that was the other baseball which had gone unsold on the bay with bids only up to $10.50 (failed to sell because of the reserve price) - you listed it here at $89.99 and blamed eBid because your items weren't selling at far more expensive levels than they weren't selling on the bay.

So what was there to prove......? did that item sell on the bay - nope, did it sell on eBid at an extortionate mark up - of course not.

So the major product that sold............ the one that has been available for sale on eBid. You accepted a best offer on the bay - went for $66.02. On eBid it was priced at $99.99.

All that proves to me is that you sold it for far less than the price you had listed on eBid. I am sure all the buyers on eBid are absolutely devastated at not being able to buy your items on here at far greater amounts than you are prepared to sell for elsewhere.
    In fact you could probably do the same on eBid. I am sure that if I dropped my prices by 33% the sales would come flooding in. As for selling them 33% less AND paying eBay fees, seems like either a seller who has a vast mark-up on their items, or somebody who is quickly heading for the bankruptcy court.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Once again Dean has done some investigating and exposed the true story.

Originally Posted by abdulaziz20119

Thread Information