eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: every one on ebid or joining ebid

Default Re: every one on ebid or joining ebid

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Well…to do that I must ‘’quit’’ my own job…..
    And still no guarantee I will make same or more from online sales rather to work real job…
    But for a minimum $100.00 or more per day ‘’maybe’’ I will bother with online sales ‘’again’’…
    And ‘’of course’’ not paying tax on that…and not using gas for my cars for how much use now….
    Listing ‘’couple’’ items for fun it’s no big deal…but listing thousand and spending most of my personal time to promote that and going all around and considering many peoples selling exactly what I selling will be very big job to go trough…
    But again who has ‘’that time’’ daily can try…I will wish him luck…
    Hey DZAMBO, its seems understandable why you don't, but this is about how and why to promote. A lot of people are depending on the little they make here. So that's why we motivate about promoting. And if you want to sell anything anywhere you have to promote. Unless you have the ultimate widget that no one can do without you have to tell people you're out there. But if you ever have to rely on selling on the net or even a product, you'll promote like the rest.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well…if many peoples work real job and selling in here can do that too…no problem…
    But for real I don’t know how many sellers is in here older 40’s…30’s….. or below that line…I mean old NOT born in these years…
    And for selling my item and promoting my item in here…I do that while you’re not here in that time…
    And how all this for my items turn in here you can see clearly…
    I still am selling but not bother much anymore for that and I don’t promote my items anyone else…never…
    Is just not much time for me, but I promote before on eBid and list just to help…

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am over 50, I am retired and any sales on here are to help boost my income. (wish I had more sales), but that is the way it goes.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

Well…if many peoples work real job...
    If many peoples work real jobs? That's a little harsh I would say! Doing this to make a living is a real job!

I do know quite a few people here and the bay, etsy, have their own sites and so on that are 20, 30, 40 and plus years of age. They do this as part time and full time because of a hobby and a way to make a little spending cash or a way to make a living. If you need an example, no prob.

I'm a 56 semi retired Operations Manager and Designing Engineer. Made a good living.
    Worked 30 years for a company, then construction went south in 2009
    Company declared bankruptcy. My good employees to the the biggest hit.
    Owners walk away with what they could, but the rest of us lost our retirement plan and investments
    No more work, have the experience and dedication, but can't find a job.
    We all know why they don't hire anyone over 50 in my field of expertise, so I'm building The Copper Locker

Started selling on eBay in 2000. I wasn't in my 50's then and as stated I was working and made good money.
    Did it because I collected coins and it was a good way to buy and sell.
    Promoted my sales then too. Took about 3 hours a week.
    Changed the name to The Copper Locker to set up my own site.
    Selling on 3 public auction sites, 2 private and my own.
    Remember I was working and selling during this time but I still promoted.

But now I do this. And as I said there are a lot of people who are now doing this to help make it through the day, week or month. Some do it for a living. I know some that make a real nice living at this.

But as I said before it's understandable why you don't sell when you have your job to fall back on. Fortunately I planned for my future, but there are a lot out there that this is there real job!

You only list when I'm not on at that time? OK! I'll let that one go!
    Last edited by CopperLocker; 25th May 2013 at 11:05 PM.

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock07 View Post
    I am over 50, I am retired and any sales on here are to help boost my income. (wish I had more sales), but that is the way it goes.

OK…fair enough…
    And by the way how you can retire and you’re only over 50…?
    In here we must wait until 65 or something like that…
    But anyway I hope you ok and I hope you ‘’save’’ enough money from your work from previous years…
    But you’re right for about extra income and nothing wrong with that…
    I just saying I work too much and 7 days a week and many…many years for me for retirement kicks in and must be very good sales online for me to quit early and for now I am still ‘’healthy’’ I am ok and everything works just fine…but never know and for that reason I try to save as I can…
    Thanks for your reply………

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by CopperLocker View Post
    If many peoples work real jobs? That's a little harsh I would say! Doing this to make a living is a real job!

I do know quite a few people here and the bay, etsy, have their own sites and so on that are 20, 30, 40 and plus years of age. They do this as part time and full time because of a hobby and a way to make a little spending cash or a way to make a living. If you need an example, no prob.

I'm a 56 semi retired Operations Manager and Designing Engineer. Made a good living.
    Worked 30 years for a company, then construction went south in 2009
    Company declared bankruptcy. My good employees to the the biggest hit.
    Owners walk away with what they could, but the rest of us lost our retirement plan and investments
    No more work, have the experience and dedication, but can't find a job.
    We all know why they don't hire anyone over 50 in my field of expertise, so I'm building The Copper Locker

Started selling on eBay in 2000. I wasn't in my 50's then and as stated I was working and made good money.
    Did it because I collected coins and it was a good way to buy and sell.
    Promoted my sales then too. Took about 3 hours a week.
    Changed the name to The Copper Locker to set up my own site.
    Selling on 3 public auction sites, 2 private and my own.
    Remember I was working and selling during this time but I still promoted.

But now I do this. And as I said there are a lot of people who are now doing this to help make it through the day, week or month. Some do it for a living. I know some that make a real nice living at this.

But as I said before it's understandable why you don't sell when you have your job to fall back on. Fortunately I planned for my future, but there are a lot out there that this is there real job!

You only list when I'm not on at that time? OK! I'll let that one go!

OK, I understand you…
    I only wish many peoples DON’T put own money in investing where exactly work or someone else decide to that peoples…
    I mean must safe way if you’re working for particular company just pick up weekly or monthly money for your work but ‘’you’’ invest where you think is the best and safe…
    In stock market exist many stocks and funds that not have hard hit in bad times…
    Or after all if you’re can’t find just ‘’stack’’ your money in your secret place…

P.S. I work for 5 years for one of bigger tools maker companies in the whole world and I see what is going on, after that I work for myself…self employed in the last more of 10 years…no more problem…because I can’t fire yourself, I can’t cheat self….that job can’t be outscored…
    USA is the land of opportunity…all rest is only up to you…
    Thanks for your reply…

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

OK…fair enough…
    And by the way how you can retire and you’re only over 50…?
    In here we must wait until 65 or something like that…
    Here the official retirement age is now 66, but it is going up to 67 within the next few years.

For a goverment pension you have to work 30 years (paying our National Insurance) over that and it may be used to give you an extra pension, but not guaranteed.

I worked for more than 30 years with the same company, when I started having minor health issues, which were forcing me to take time off work, I had a pension with the company, so I asked the management if they would consider the early retirement and if they would pay my pension early.

They took some time to consider it, but in the end they agreed, and as I had worked for them for so long they also gave me a small ex gratia payment as a thank you for mo long service.

Now I take the odd part time job, if one comes along that I fancy, worked for the post office over Christmas for a couple of years, done election counting etc.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

I did plan for this day. I've never trusted anyone to take care of me except the family. Don't want to be a burden on the kids so I prepared. No matter what I have no bills other than electric, internet the other basics. Paid my house off before the job died. Invested at a young age. Thank god my dad banged that one into me. Raised my kids to go out into the world and earn it on their own. 7 kids and only one came back due to hard times but that was a couple of months and off they went and they're taken care of themselves. Last one moving out in 2 months to leave for college. Will start collecting my retirement when I'm 65, but will start living off my investments at 59 1/2. If you were born after 1957, good luck with social security! It won't be there and it won't be the same. I have no reason to think about retiring here in the states, because the world has gotten a lot smaller and the states aren't supporting me anyway, so the world is going to be my Mrs and I next adventure. Am I wealthy? Not like Trump! Am I ready..Darn right!

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Here the official retirement age is now 66, but it is going up to 67 within the next few years.

For a goverment pension you have to work 30 years (paying our National Insurance) over that and it may be used to give you an extra pension, but not guaranteed.

I worked for more than 30 years with the same company, when I started having minor health issues, which were forcing me to take time off work, I had a pension with the company, so I asked the management if they would consider the early retirement and if they would pay my pension early.

They took some time to consider it, but in the end they agreed, and as I had worked for them for so long they also gave me a small ex gratia payment as a thank you for mo long service.

Now I take the odd part time job, if one comes along that I fancy, worked for the post office over Christmas for a couple of years, done election counting etc.
    That’s a spirit….I respect that…
    Fight for yourself…the world is not perfect place but it is worth fighting…
    Better that rather rely on Government welfare…
    In here I see many who are bigger 2 times and stronger and healthy from me but still like welfare…
    Anything can happen for anyone no questions about that but I think best way to think about that is time where you young and you just start your first job…

Nice to hear that your company thought of you. To bad a lot of business owners today can't remember that their profits came from dedicated employees.

Now go out a promote. I'm going to bang at it on Saturday.

Thread Information