Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: every one on ebid or joining ebid

Default every one on ebid or joining ebid

Most of us have sold on other site mostly the bay lol don't want to say that dirty word, well if you go into your email account paypal account ect you will see the email address of those you sold to. Some may have deleted this information, but those of you that did not delete it should contact all your former customers and inform them of your move to ebid and welcome them to browse your store along with other stores

as far as the site I pray they will make it more buyer friendly by removing their huge add to get sellers to sign up

just my 2 cents and of course if you are looking for art works feel free to shop on my site

Default Re: every one on ebid or joining ebid

Most of us have done this but I would advise caution. Only contact customers that you know well and have a good rapport with as in the past eBid has had complaints from email companies about spamming.

Always address the person you are contacting by name and maybe mention what they have bought from you before as a reminder. Make it clear that your email is not from eBid itself and do not send out big batches of emails in one go otherwise you might find your eBid account is suspended.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by internetartgallery View Post

as far as the site I pray they will make it more buyer friendly by removing their huge add to get sellers to sign up
    OP, could you explain what you mean in more detail ? which huge ad ?

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    OP, could you explain what you mean in more detail ? which huge ad ?
    Problem is we need more sellers here. Buyers are in short supply here because what a majority of buyers may be looking at buying is not always available here because the sellers are in short supply too. It is a catch 22 situation, eBid is struggling to get sellers here and those on FeeBay are not interested in doing the work to rebuild on another site like eBid so they see that sales can be very slow here because there isn't a large enough customer base yet, but you cannot generate the customer base when the sellers are not here selling what the customers are looking for. When you are a private seller, you are mainly seeling just "one" of something, where as business sellers, like myself, would have stock of items and have that item in stock on a regular basis until it is discontinued by the manufacturer etc. so we do need more business sellers here, but they will not leave FeeBay until they see an increase in customers on places like eBid and as above, those customers will not be coming here because what they are after, and often on a regular basis, is not available here 100% of the time and seems to be only available here once in a while. If eBid did some serious advertising to drive customers here a lot of those customers would be left disappointed because what they are most likely looking for is not here but is in abundance on a well advertise site like FeeBay.

Although people who come here to buy get an ad rammed down their throat to become a seller, what eBid needs to realise is, not everyone signing up to eBid wants to sell or has any interest in becoming a seller, they are solely coming here to purchase something they have been lucky enough to find here.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Yes, and the number of new people joining ebid is dropping, as is the Alexa ranking.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    Yes, and the number of new people joining ebid is dropping, as is the Alexa ranking.
    Well…like many say ‘’Alexa’’ is not accurate is not showing real statistics or traffic because that statistics and traffic comes ‘’only’’ from peoples who install ‘’Alexa’’ in own comp…
    But anyway what right now ‘’Alexa’’ shows is a bit hmmm..hmmm…
    We are at 17,747….
    And in days or after I join on eBid we are bellow 10,000…
    But still is not accurate because of previous reasons but it is accurate for the peoples who install ‘’Alexa’’ stuff on own comp and at least that mean for that all peoples and I don’t know how many that mean all this not visiting site that much for whatever reason…

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DZAMBO View Post
    Well…like many say ‘’Alexa’’ is not accurate is not showing real statistics or traffic because that statistics and traffic comes ‘’only’’ from peoples who install ‘’Alexa’’ in own comp…
    But anyway what right now ‘’Alexa’’ shows is a bit hmmm..hmmm…
    We are at 17,747….
    And in days or after I join on eBid we are bellow 10,000…
    But still is not accurate because of previous reasons but it is accurate for the peoples who install ‘’Alexa’’ stuff on own comp and at least that mean for that all peoples and I don’t know how many that mean all this not visiting site that much for whatever reason…
    Alexa is accurate as regards all the people that have it installed on their computer.
    Those people are just average people
    There may be a bias towards webmasters etc.
    But they are not all ebay users
    Or all Youtube users

And there are 2 other ranking companies which shows a similar decline.
    Of course it could mean that other sites from around the world are becoming more popular as more and more countries become internet users.

But when you compare ebid to the other alts it shows a fair comparison.

Anyone can download and install the Alexa tool, its free, and has effect on performance.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well...’’babe’’ you know ‘’everything…huh….

P.S. Just one ‘’out of touch ‘’ questions for you…

Yesterday 05.09. After many…many...many years in my possession ‘’Red things’’ (a car) is sold yesterday… (Don’t cry)......
    For how much…(a car is old about 13 years…)

A) $9,500.00
    B) $12,500.00
    C) $14,500.00

You have only one chance…good luck…...

And there are 2 other ranking companies which shows a similar decline.
    Of course it could mean that other sites from around the world are becoming more popular as more and more countries become internet users.

But when you compare ebid to the other alts it shows a fair comparison.

Anyone can download and install the Alexa tool, its free, and has effect on performance.[/QUOTE]

View TonyBridger's Feedback (+252)
    All-About TonyBridger
    View TonyBridger's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by internetartgallery View Post

Ebid has that ad there as they make a lot more of their money from new sellers signing up than they do from the commissions from selling.
    My posts only state my own opinions, unless I've stolen them from someone else

they do need to let buyers see their dashboard and not their 3 page add on becoming a seller that annoys buyers to leave and what will attract sellers and sales is having shoppers strolling through ebid So lets get them to make the site more buyer friendly and think of ways to get our stores and ebid more well known.

Thread Information