eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Promote your products this way.....

Forum Newbie
    High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
    View alan70's Feedback (+3)
    All-About alan70
    View alan70's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Promote your products this way.....

Why not send out a printed pen with your products every time you sell an item and make it easier for your customer to remember you next time they want to buy something?

You can print your details, with contact information and promote yourself with every sale.

This is a proven and very effective way to help promote your products and ensure your customers come back to you time after time.

If there's anything you want to know, feel free to just ask.

http://uk.ebid.net/items/Alan70
    Last edited by alan70; 6th May 2013 at 07:25 AM.

Forum Newbie
    View kjays's Feedback (+8)
    All-About kjays
    View kjays's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Promote your products this way.....

That may be fine once you are selling for ongoing recoginition which I have used elsewhere successfully. However, I have, after about 2 years, not sold a brass farthing following several listings on ebid even though I have submitted and promoted ebid links in several places. Ebay may charge as you go but my near on fifty quid for lifetime membership of ebid plus a few small fees is looking all to like a waste of hard earned cash... bit of a shame as the site and creation of ebid auctions and shops is heads above Ebays confusing long winded screens that you have to traverse to creat listings :-(

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh dear, here we go again. kjays 1)your items are run till sold so they are at the bottom of every search 2)your about me page is empty 3)you say nothing about your terms & conditions 4) I've only checked one of your items on Amazon but I can buy it for £3 less there.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Not sold a thing following several listings on ebid and on other selling platform sales on daily basis
    EBay may charge as you go but my near on fifty quid for lifetime membership and only thing of ebid was a tee shirt
    As an selling platform it very poor more sellers than buyers I used this site 2 years ago on other id and now still no change

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Posted this (selling suggestions) to another thread but it might be helpful here as well:

1) Offer international shipping whenever possible to widen your potential customer base.
    2) If seller+ use your 5 free stores to organize your items.
    3) Use BIN prices whenever possible (in addition to auction style if desired) to ensure your items are uploaded to Google shopping.
    4) Use Plug Your Auctions section of the forum (1x per 24 hours, delete/close old post before adding new one) to advertise your items for sale.
    5) Use social media sites to advertise your listings.
    6) Add a signature link to your forum posts so members can click to view your listings.
    7) Check out the Help pages and Astral's FAQs page (info. about signature link on Astral's page), lots of good info. here.
    8) Tell everyone you know and meet about eBid, including former customers on other sites.
    9) Use MaO if it's your thing or offer combined shipping or similar to give buyers more incentive to purchase from you.
    10) List as many items as possible to give buyers more choices.
    11) Use 7-10 day listings with auto repost instead of RUS to ensure your items move up searches.
    12) Participate in the forums and eBid activities (as the monthly YDC charity auctions if it's your thing) so members get to know you.

Astral's Knowledge Base:

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthread.ph...ries&highlight=

Hope this is some help.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, printed pens are about the cheapest promotional item there is.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

The promotional pens mentioned are indeed a nice and effective promotional tool....but ironically they would serve their most effective purpose by being sent out with all of your Ebay packages and not those that you may sell here on Ebid....so, yes i agree , these will be a fine way of raising awareness with your Ebay customers that you indeed trade on another selling venue called Ebid and perhaps they would remember this when conducting future searches when making a view to purchase.

"ongoing recognition" will be finally achieved when all Ebid sellers understand that they need to promote their activities here via the other site as well as utilising the effective resource that is Google search / shopping and even images.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kjays View Post
    That may be fine once you are selling for ongoing recoginition which I have used elsewhere successfully. However, I have, after about 2 years, not sold a brass farthing following several listings on ebid even though I have submitted and promoted ebid links in several places. Ebay may charge as you go but my near on fifty quid for lifetime membership of ebid plus a few small fees is looking all to like a waste of hard earned cash... bit of a shame as the site and creation of ebid auctions and shops is heads above Ebays confusing long winded screens that you have to traverse to creat listings :-(
    As i always say (you'd be hard pushed to know as so many threads that i contribute to find themselves pulled), i really feel sorry that you have not found Ebid to provide any sales for you.
    Rest assured sales can be made here.
    I have taken a look at one of your listings and the one that i focused on was "Alien Energy" by Andrew collins....., at least in the description you don't mention who the author is , so there are many keywords that are missing. I would have in the item description "Alien Energy by Andrew Collins Hardback book" at the very least .so what did i find and what do i make of the listing?
    Firstly unlike others who tell of no sales via Ebid you appear to have priced this Book competitively....i am assuming that the Book is new as used copies currently sell for around £9 via amazon, so if it is a new copy, then well done. If it is used then i would re think the selling price.

Seeing as you're a seller plus i see that you've used the Gallery listing, which is good, but, i suspect that you haven't completed all of the relevant fields on the listing form, what i refer to specifically is you should include the book's isbn / Barcode and publishers name, you already have a buy it now price, so these three pieces of information will assure that your Book appears on Google shopping of which i can only find one copy, which is priced at £28.96 all inclusive, you are offering a better deal ....assuming that your copy is new as i already mentioned.

If you apply what i describe above to your other listings then this is a good start towards making your listings visible to the world outside of Ebid where the buyers come from.
    You appear also to be selling via Ebay and by including promotional flyers in your Ebay packages will raise awareness with those who already use internet selling platforms as buyers.

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    As i always say (you'd be hard pushed to know as so many threads that i contribute to find themselves pulled), i really feel sorry that you have not found Ebid to provide any sales for you.
    Rest assured sales can be made here.
    I have taken a look at one of your listings and the one that i focused on was "Alien Energy" by Andrew collins....., at least in the description you don't mention who the author is , so there are many keywords that are missing. I would have in the item description "Alien Energy by Andrew Collins Hardback book" at the very least .so what did i find and what do i make of the listing?
    Firstly unlike others who tell of no sales via Ebid you appear to have priced this Book competitively....i am assuming that the Book is new as used copies currently sell for around £9 via amazon, so if it is a new copy, then well done. If it is used then i would re think the selling price.

Seeing as you're a seller plus i see that you've used the Gallery listing, which is good, but, i suspect that you haven't completed all of the relevant fields on the listing form, what i refer to specifically is you should include the book's isbn / Barcode and publishers name, you already have a buy it now price, so these three pieces of information will assure that your Book appears on Google shopping of which i can only find one copy, which is priced at £28.96 all inclusive, you are offering a better deal ....assuming that your copy is new as i already mentioned.

If you apply what i describe above to your other listings then this is a good start towards making your listings visible to the world outside of Ebid where the buyers come from.
    You appear also to be selling via Ebay and by including promotional flyers in your Ebay packages will raise awareness with those who already use internet selling platforms as buyers.
    Cereal
    It seems to me that some newbie sellers here expect the site to be how ebay was in its hey day for the small to medium sellers.
    Which IMO is no longer the case.
    Going by some of the threads over there they are of the same opinion, that is why some ebay sellers are now looking to sell on ebid & elsewhere.
    You only have to look at the threads over there titled -
    Switched off again
    Is it time to jump ship along with other threads speaks volumes.
    There was someone over there even considering upgrading their shop when their sales have died Chucking good money after bad
    I bet the listing & relists fees paid by some of the sellers over there that are complaining that they sales had died, could of paid for lifetime membership here a dozen or more times

Over there search is manipulated ( past sales criteria) to suit the big retailers who sell items in the thousands, who can build up a past sales history. The smaller guys IMO who have a small inventory of a particular item will always be placed lower in the searches where buyers are unlikely to find the item, at least here on ebid sellers can get their items shown higher up the searches if the list & describe, promote, price their items correctly

I agree that here you have to put in a bit more effort to promote your items, but at least they are visible in searches.
    Sales can be made if newbies follow the advice of the more established sellers here.
    e.g good keywords, good photos, descriptiobs, BINs, barcodes, google exemptions for stores etc.

Forum Newbie
    View littlestyle's Feedback (+700)
    All-About littlestyle
    View littlestyle's Listings
    Forum Posts

Totally agree with you. I have been on this site for more than two months and not sold a single thing.

Thread Information