Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Emporium Shop Reviews Please

Default Emporium Shop Reviews Please

Hi everyone,

Would be interested to hear from a few here regarding the store and the layout.

Would like to point out before anyone says anything I only run " Run Till Sold " listings. My reasons are simply I am just to busy with other sites and my own website along with dealing with daily orders to keep messing about with the auction format.
    I know some will say you should list some for 10 days and the like and that my listings will appear near the bottom. I can live with that for now.

At present I have only listed some 70 items but I have thousands of items to get through and the weekends for me are always busy. So will get to more listings later next week.

Anyway a few reviews would be nice.

http://the-emporium-shop.ebid.net/

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Emporium Shop Reviews Please

Move this thread to the Kitchen table (Not plug your auctions thread). People are not supposed to write on PLUG threads. But I will do so, to give you the heads up.

Go to the Admin tab above your post, and just tick the correct boxes to move it to where people can answer your questions. Or, cut and paste your post above into a new thread on the KT, and just delete this one. It's not really a plug for your auctions, anyway! Good luck!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

It's your choice on the RTS option Chip and good luck.

I checked a couple of your auctions and couldn't see any issues as such, good photos etc. but I do have one question. How can you have a shop when you're 'about me' page states that you are a seller (no shops) rather than a seller+ (5 shops)?

It's over 5 years since I joined so I may be missing something here.

Also some T&Cs would be a good idea for your 'about me' page.

Once again, good luck with the RTS listings.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Seller accts can open a store for 1.99/mo per store.

I would suggest you make your titles longer and more informative. For example...your eyeshadow. If I were doing a search for eyeshadow, I would at a minimum type in my search 'green eyeshadow'. You have the fancy dancey names given by the manufacturer, which I would still include, but if I have never used that brand before, I would have no clue what color some of them were. Be descriptive, and include as many words as you can in the titles.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Seller accts can open a store for 1.99/mo per store.
    Let's hope a run until sold seller is aware of this.
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Quote Originally Posted by Chipsquad View Post
    Hi everyone,

Would be interested to hear from a few here regarding the store and the layout.

Would like to point out before anyone says anything I only run " Run Till Sold " listings. My reasons are simply I am just to busy with other sites and my own website along with dealing with daily orders to keep messing about with the auction format.
    I know some will say you should list some for 10 days and the like and that my listings will appear near the bottom. I can live with that for now.

At present I have only listed some 70 items but I have thousands of items to get through and the weekends for me are always busy. So will get to more listings later next week.

Anyway a few reviews would be nice.

http://the-emporium-shop.ebid.net/

I am going to be anyone on the Run till Sold listings......

It takes up very little time (seconds) having 10 day listings - make them recurring 10 times = 110 days with the initial 10 days + 10 reposts. I have thousands listed and it takes me a matter of seconds each day to keep up with reposts. I wouldn't have a notice about the run til sold on each listing - that is likely to confuse buyers (why does a buyer need to know?) and give them something to think about rather than the 'buy it now' button.

Try and include more keywords in the title, for instance:

Foundation By Max Factor - Gay Whisper

Sheer Genius should be in the title - I would also put Complete Make Up as that is on the front of the item and 40ml.

Having the title with the extra keywords enables you to get a far wider audience.

At the moment any buyer who has just finished this product and has the item in front of them is probably most likely to type in the most obvious Max Factor Sheer Genius - and on that basis you don't have one for sale. Being able to put Complete Make Up in the title is a bonus not to be missed - I would imagine a fair few searches are done for Max Factor Make Up, whilst your product might not be the one they are looking for - they are likely to have a look around your shop, again it is all about exposure.

Also the product specifics should be entered when listing (as per pic below) - this will mean a higher ranking within google.

Name:  barcode.jpg
Views: 81
Size:  10.6 KB
    Last edited by deanosaur1972; 3rd May 2013 at 10:48 PM.

Thanks for the head up " Hermajesty " have moved the thread.

Yes you can have a shop for a fee of £1.99 a month i am happy to do it this way for now.

As for 10 day listing? I have no problem with that and time I could find but it gets busy for me this time of year. Also I want to see if sales come in before I list that way. The fee you pay for a picture would have to be paid for each time you re-list, I know it's a small amount but I have a lot I am considering listing.

I am trying to find a way to keep costs down, I have read many posts of people jumping in without working out the costs and it has backfired on them. I like to make sure it is worth my while. You can't get around that there are many many sellers on here but it's the buyers I am interested in, and they seem to be very few and far between.

Until I can see that it is worth my while I am just walking softly so to speak, my website and other venues work for me but wanted to come back and give this one last try.
    I can re do all the listings if need be but as I say I want to test the water.

I am a one man band working on two three websites three auction sites, a market stall & now the boot sale season has kicked in. As time permits I will work on all your suggestions.

Many thanks for the input..........

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chipsquad View Post

Yes you can have a shop for a fee of £1.99 a month i am happy to do it this way for now.

How long have you been paying this?It will be subtracted from the upgrade fee so if you've paid it for a while you might get it for free.

Thread Information