My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Bad news for the Small US Internet Businesses

Angry Bad news for the Small US Internet Businesses

If they can't get the money from our wallets they're now going for the change in our pockets. N ow on the Senate floor the voted in favor of The Marketplace Fairness Act. Which is an state to state internet tax. Yes for every sale out of state they want the buyers to pay a out-of-state sales tax. Which means that the seller is responsible for the collecting of said tax. Now think the filling that will be require to be reported and the number of different tax rates is phenom-able. Below is a link for any who would like to get a sneak peek at the sneak freaks in DC. The online seller with out-of-states sales under 1 million dollars would be exempt, but does that mean as well as for the state they sell in. I think that is a loop hole that we won't see.

I can see the tax man comin,
    comin around that bend.
    Here to pay the politician
    and it will never end.

Now the Chorous
    Oh, I'm in dept again,
    and I do know why
    They pick me clean to the bone
    And leavingme out to dry

Did Johnny Cash sing that?

Internet Sales Tax Bill Gains Grounds News

Have a great day!
    Greg

Default Re: Bad news for the Small US Internet Businesses

I won't ever have $1,000,000 a year in sales. Is anyone reading this going to be impacted?

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

We are having the same argument here in NZ and in Australia.

The big box etailers are comp,aingi that they are mssing ou on sales due to people buyign from the USA on the interent and not paying our governments sales tax GST.

If they did not put 100% markups on Nike shoes and T shirts etc, then maybe we would not buy so much online! Here in NZ we have a major hosuehold goods seller (Briscoes) that puts 120% markup on,ontop of the importers markup and ontop of the distributors markup!

Postal costs are another big killer.

Quote Originally Posted by TiasTreasures View Post
    I won't ever have $1,000,000 a year in sales. Is anyone reading this going to be impacted?
    You may not have to pay out-of-state because you're under the 1 million, but I bet they will require people under that amount to receive a 1099-K or force the auction sites to set up sales tax programs for the business that runs there. Remember under a million only means that you're exempt for the out-of-state sales tax, not the ones generated in California. See what I mean?

Thread Information