My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Always Get The Right Address

Default Always Get The Right Address

Well it's been an interesting day. Nothing major, but a little footwork was needed. I had a customer whose zip code of the address on eBid was conflicting with the one on PayPal. I thought no problem. I'll just contact the buyer and get them to verify it. I do some of my shipping labels on PayPal and unfortunately the registered zip PP had was incorrect.

So I contacted and nudged and got the reply I was waiting for. The customer stated that they had to fix the PP account. But I noticed that I couldn't respond because the buyers account was no longer active. Also they did not make the correction at PayPal. So after manually, not importing the address and correcting the one on PayPal's label printing section I printed out the label and sent off their purchase.

It wasn't as much that there was a wrong zip code, it was the fact that it could have gone to the wrong address, returned to me, the seller, or it could have been escalated to a none delivery case. It could have resulted in a long and cumbersome shipping problem. But because of the coverage of sellers protection at PayPal, one way or another the buyer and I are going to be covered for the shipment. What a win win situation. But it could have been ugly still if they didn't receive it. The dreaded PayPal complaint or the bad Feedback may have risen its ugly head. Thank goodness I've never had that happen. But I figured the contact, email and response trail would assist me with any needs for information about shipping.

So I thought I would it pass on for any one who might be interested. Remember as a seller you have to have all correct shipping info. Don't take it for granted that the address given is always correct. If you don't have a postal carrier program to help you verify a address, then check on the postal carrier of your choice's web site to see if they offer a way to find out. I've even use Google Map to find and verify addresses. If all fails, go to the post office physically.

If your a buyer, remember to make sure the address you give is up to date and is correct. As most sellers, we want you to receive your purchases. We want to know ourselves that the item arrived to its destination. But if the address a buyer gives is incorrect, then it will become a process that either seller or buyer will not be happy with and that can be an unfortunate circumstance for both parties.

Just remember the Pony Express. The mail must be delivered...LOL

Have a great day
    Greg S
    Last edited by CopperLocker; 27th April 2013 at 11:20 PM.

Thread Information