~ General Store

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: "Dubious" nude photos in new listings

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    No nudies here, looks like I miss all the fun, LOL.

Best wishes for many sales to all,
    Just for you.(Suitably censored!)

Name:  boobs.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  46.3 KB

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sorted & dealt with.

Thanks to the Guys in Support.

I am selling adult / erotic photos on eBid. However I list them appropriately under: Whatevers Left! Adult Other. Unfortunately, thus far this has resulted in very few viewings as most users are unaware that such a category exists. There is a demand for these photos which are considered by many (myself included) as "contemporary art" and I had big sales for a while on eBay before they decided on behalf of the public that (in their opinion) they were not art and pulled all listings. eBay in the UK do not have an adult category which is why I was delighted to have found eBid. So far though I have not sold anything except some Rock Memorabilia photos I have listed in another category. I did get a slap on the wrist from eBid when I listed a fully clothed model in another photographic section to try to make users aware of the adult category so am cautious not to make the same mistake. I just wish eBid would do a little more to promote themselves as you cannot promote adult items on social networking. There is a demand for these things and I applaud eBid for having the sense to allow their being listed. I am always of the opinion that if you don't like something just move on and get over it. Violent images, now they DO bother me but we all have a body so I don't know why to some it causes such offence! A beautiful body creates a wonderful artistic photo in my view especially in an equally artistic setting. I try to being as sensitive as possible in where or how I list items.

Quote Originally Posted by prettieststar73 View Post
    I am selling adult / erotic photos on eBid. However I list them appropriately under: Whatevers Left! Adult Other. Unfortunately, thus far this has resulted in very few viewings as most users are unaware that such a category exists. There is a demand for these photos which are considered by many (myself included) as "contemporary art" and I had big sales for a while on eBay before they decided on behalf of the public that (in their opinion) they were not art and pulled all listings. eBay in the UK do not have an adult category which is why I was delighted to have found eBid. So far though I have not sold anything except some Rock Memorabilia photos I have listed in another category. I did get a slap on the wrist from eBid when I listed a fully clothed model in another photographic section to try to make users aware of the adult category so am cautious not to make the same mistake. I just wish eBid would do a little more to promote themselves as you cannot promote adult items on social networking. There is a demand for these things and I applaud eBid for having the sense to allow their being listed. I am always of the opinion that if you don't like something just move on and get over it. Violent images, now they DO bother me but we all have a body so I don't know why to some it causes such offence! A beautiful body creates a wonderful artistic photo in my view especially in an equally artistic setting. I try to being as sensitive as possible in where or how I list items.
    Do you have copyright permissions to sell those printed photographs ??
    Last edited by deanosaur1972; 19th May 2013 at 05:04 PM.

Greetings deanosaur1972. No I don't but as you can no doubt see they are ONE OFFS from my own collection. I am not mass producing on a home printer in case that's what you are thinking? I think I have the same right to sell them as I would selling a CD I had bought and no longer required. If I began mass producing them, that would be another matter. I am listing them appropriately and not bother anybody so please don't try to cause me any trouble. Thank you. I am new to the eBid community and just wanted some help really.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by prettieststar73 View Post
    Greetings deanosaur1972. No I don't but as you can no doubt see they are ONE OFFS from my own collection. I am not mass producing on a home printer in case that's what you are thinking? I think I have the same right to sell them as I would selling a CD I had bought and no longer required. If I began mass producing them, that would be another matter. I am listing them appropriately and not bother anybody so please don't try to cause me any trouble. Thank you. I am new to the eBid community and just wanted some help really.
    well.. if you want help... complete your about me page, put your items into shops (you have paid for 5 shops), don't list as run till sold (stays at the bottom of all searches). If they are from your collection then they are not "new".

and http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm for further hints (I cut and paste that about 5 times per day!)

And don't get at dean for asking!!! He asked.. he didn't assume!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Thank you for your advice Madelaine I am still finding my way around this site. Nice to see you are raising funds for cats. I am a great cat lover. Hey, please don't think I was getting at dean. I really hope it never came across that way because that is not what I intended. I didn't realize I had a potential five shops. Thanks again. All the best. Derek

View madelaine's Feedback (+5873)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Welcome, Derek! Do set up the shops - I think it would be especially helpful to put the adult items into an adult shop, but I find that people sort of "wander about" in a shop once they are in there.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Welcome, Derek! Do set up the shops - I think it would be especially helpful to put the adult items into an adult shop, but I find that people sort of "wander about" in a shop once they are in there.
    I didn't think of a separate shop! Great idea, it would at least make them visible.. Our fifth shop is full of odds and ends, not collectibles, but I could move them to a separate category in our main store and use it for the magazines.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Thread Information