Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How do you advertise eBid?

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How do you advertise eBid?

Quote Originally Posted by killerprices View Post
    As far as i can see ebid are not interested in promoting there site but making money .
    Yes it would be nice if ebid promoted their site more.

But we do need them to be making money so they stay in business.

(I'd ilike them to be making more money from fvf fees)

Maybe they need to make more money so they have some money to spend on promotion.

(its a chicken and egg situation - i am in the same position myself)

Forum Newbie
    Eastwood Leigh-On-Sea, Essex, United Kingdom
    View mikijm's Feedback (+2257)
    All-About mikijm
    View mikijm's Listings
    Forum Posts

I still sell on eBay but am unhappy with the whole set up but I do sell many items there so sadly I have to use the site. I try to do my bit by advertising eBid by sending out a flier with all my eBay sales giving the buyers a link to my eBid store hoping they will visit eBid and maybe tell their friends.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikijm View Post
    I still sell on eBay but am unhappy with the whole set up but I do sell many items there so sadly I have to use the site. I try to do my bit by advertising eBid by sending out a flier with all my eBay sales giving the buyers a link to my eBid store hoping they will visit eBid and maybe tell their friends.

you're doing the right thing....for now at least, use Ebay for your own ends and use it as way to promote your activities over here, the way things are set to turn out on Ebay i am sure that more sellers will seek the services of Ebid and in fact over the past year listings have increased by a substantial amount and i see this year as being a repeat of this.
    If you're active on Ebay then i believe that you have nothing to lose by listing like for like items here too.

The common complaint / observation that i hear is that "no one knows that Ebid exists", well.....this is true to a certain extent, but don't forget that some Ebay users do not hold an account with Amazon amd as for Rakusen play?, not so many there.
    Even if Ebid could pour millions into Advertising, there would be a fair chunk of buyers/sellers who would simply stick with Ebay and never venture away from there.
    Why they do this is a mystery, but the only real reason i can find is due to laziness.

Lets not forget that almost all interest shown in Ebid is via Google search / shopping and from what i have seen this is THE most effective form of promoting ebid, so by creating listings that are fully Google compliant so that the world can see them.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Well said Cereal Monkee

With just about every ebid seller sending out fliers about ebid to their buyers many buyers will have "heard" of ebid.

But just hearing about a site does not make people want to go there.

Its like Coca Cola - we all know about it, and we have all tried it, but they STILL spend millions advertising it to make sure we buy it.

Ebid is not in that position.

The best advertising ebid will ever get is when some new sellers come on to ebid and sell a few items in the first week and then keep selling. Then the news would go viral.
    Last edited by Juliebabe25; 18th April 2013 at 05:17 PM.

Worcester, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
    View 3red123's Feedback (+83)
    All-About 3red123
    View 3red123's Listings
    Forum Posts

One method I tried recently (hopefully with some success) was to place links to items on my Facebook page or in Facebook groups - not to my items, but items that I know my friends/group will be interested in.

I put one link in a group the other day, and about 20 people have liked it, so hopefully all clicked through and looked at the item (and at ebid itself).

It might not lead to a vast increase in sales (certainly not in mine when I'm linking to someone else's products!) but it might help to raise awareness of ebid itself, which helps us all.

If we all did this every day it would lead to a substantial traffic increase for the site.

So let's get going.... :-)
    Angie

My eBid stores:

Books Books Books
    http://books-books-books.ebid.net/

Beautiful and unique jewellery from around the world:
    http://incredible-zen-jewellery.ebid.net/

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

It is always great to see some sales due to promotional efforts, but we are at a stage where we are working to raise public awareness that Ebid exists and is a viable alternative to Ebay.
    Ebid will see a rise in its popularity and i am not saying this while looking through rose tinted spectacles.....Ebay is becoming a very awkward site to trade on freely and the bar is continually being raised along with the fee structures, this in itself will act as an inducement to come here.
    The fact is that year on year this site carries on expanding....i see no reason that will contribute to it slowing down.
    I would say to all sellers who also list on Ebay that they should list the items that they have in a like for like manner on Ebid as well.

Forum Newbie
    Eastwood Leigh-On-Sea, Essex, United Kingdom
    View mikijm's Feedback (+2257)
    All-About mikijm
    View mikijm's Listings
    Forum Posts

I do exactly that but I am a seller and we all seem to be going down the same road and are mostly happy with that as sellers. The whole point is we must invite more buyers to the eBid site to increase our sales. How do we as individuals do that? I try by sending out fliers with my sales on other auction sites to my buyers but feel I should be getting some support from eBid.

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mikijm View Post
    I do exactly that but I am a seller and we all seem to be going down the same road and are mostly happy with that as sellers. The whole point is we must invite more buyers to the eBid site to increase our sales. How do we as individuals do that? I try by sending out fliers with my sales on other auction sites to my buyers but feel I should be getting some support from eBid.
    I do my bit by promoting ebid on other forums.

I have been on ebid for 3 years and the only time I have ebid mention marketing or advertising is that they were going to hire someone to work on their Google Ads.

As a very small company, ebid only has limited resources.

Anyone can run a big marketing campaign if they have millions of dollars.

But then ebid would need a lot more items for sale and a lot more variety and a lot more competitive prices.

So I think things will be much the same in another 3 years time. (writes down 2016 in diary)

Forum Newbie
    View kubwajack7's Feedback (+11)
    All-About kubwajack7
    View kubwajack7's Listings
    Forum Posts

How does a person get in on the " Give Away" that eBid is advertising on Face Book for the ipads ?
    Jack

Forum Newbie
    View Livingx1's Feedback (+301)
    All-About Livingx1
    View Livingx1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have been tweeting and pinning very new item that I list on eBid in hopes of bringing in new buyers for all of us here. Just my way of advertising ebid as much a possible from my store. Sometimes I also add facebook but am limited to friends and most of them are already ebid members. Just an idea...............
    Cheryl at Livingx1
    Selling Watches, Clocks and other TIME related items at reasonable prices.
    Is it Time for A New Time Piece? Come on in and browse around. http://us.ebid.net/users/Livingx1

http://www.ebid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy

Thread Information