Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: How do you advertise eBid?

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How do you advertise eBid?

Quote Originally Posted by backsilver View Post

Give a thumbnail picture FREE for every single listing regardless of membership.

Restructure memberships - current memberships as explained as overly complicated (not difficult to understand just unnecessary).
    Giving one free pic is a brilliant idea!

It would help newbies sell more items which would encourage them to list more and upgrade their membership.

Yes the membership system is not only overly complicated it is also impossible to explain to someone in one sentence.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sure enough there are a few low or no cost changes that some of us believe would push a few more sales over on ebid.....my favourite bit of Ebid promoting is the line "free to list on Ebid"....well....yes this is true, but list is about all that you will do, you will most likely see your listings remain unsold.
    This will add to the disappointment that a previous poster refers to and of course will not leave any new member with a genuine impression relating to how the site can really perform.

Personally....i feel that the free listing option is "poor value" for all concerned , for both new seller and Ebid and it does neither any favours. As usual i am going to carry on telling all who will listen what a great deal the "platinum" option is in terms of visibility and likelihood of a sale.
    This is the way to try Ebid out and i'm sure that for any private seller who has a house full of items to move or a business seller looking to test the waters then this will leave them with a positive impression of Ebids true capabilities.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Well…in my own experience only one way of ‘’direct revenue’’ can solve all problems once for all…

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Of course the OP question is

How do you advertise ebid?

Not

How would you advertise ebid?

I advertise ebid by posting on others saying that it is a good alt site.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

oh well in that case....i have used the Ebay forums where i have suggested that the disgruntled can find a new online selling home with another site that begins with the letter E
    I have included flyers in all of my Ebay packages for some while now..
    I also describe the many benefits of using Ebid to online buyers and sellers, i do of course make clear the many pitfalls that may also be encountered when listing here, so as to minimise any potential long term disappointment..
    Last edited by cerealmunkee; 15th April 2013 at 08:12 PM.

View Z1966's Feedback (+5976)
    All-About Z1966
    View Z1966's Listings
    Forum Posts

Now that spring is here and the car boot sales have started up again i visit 2 huge sales every weekend.I have printed up 500 A4 flyers,each cut into 4 so i have 2000 flyers.Total cost £2.50 for paper and about £3 of ink
    I will be putting these flyers under the wipers on all the cars in the car-park so should be able to give away approx 1,000 every weekend
    I am hoping that as all of the visitors to the boot sales are after a bargain,that the Ebid flyer should be of interest to them.As well as the general buyers there are also a lot of dealers there buying items to sell on so again the flyer should appeal to them as a possible alternative place to sell their items
    Fingers crossed that this may bring in a few more buyers/sellers for not much cost or time.I'm sure that there are quite a few car booters on here and if a few of them did the same at their local boot sales with the flyers im sure it would be worth the effort...

Quote Originally Posted by Z1966 View Post
    Now that spring is here and the car boot sales have started up again i visit 2 huge sales every weekend.I have printed up 500 A4 flyers,each cut into 4 so i have 2000 flyers.Total cost £2.50 for paper and about £3 of ink
    I will be putting these flyers under the wipers on all the cars in the car-park so should be able to give away approx 1,000 every weekend
    I am hoping that as all of the visitors to the boot sales are after a bargain,that the Ebid flyer should be of interest to them.As well as the general buyers there are also a lot of dealers there buying items to sell on so again the flyer should appeal to them as a possible alternative place to sell their items
    Fingers crossed that this may bring in a few more buyers/sellers for not much cost or time.I'm sure that there are quite a few car booters on here and if a few of them did the same at their local boot sales with the flyers im sure it would be worth the effort...
    That is rather impressive - well done. That is hitting a very specific and highly relevant group of people.

Forum Newbie
    All-About killerprices
    View killerprices's Listings
    Forum Posts

As far as i can see ebid are not interested in promoting there site but making money .

View MPS16's Feedback (+3501)
    All-About MPS16
    View MPS16's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by killerprices View Post
    As far as i can see ebid are not interested in promoting there site but making money .
    A) eBid provide the platform, promation is down to you .

B) There site should read "Their Site".

Dont worry my spelling and grammer is not that good for a born and breed English man.

Should it be "are not that good" Oh to speak American.
    Last edited by MPS16; 17th April 2013 at 05:48 PM.
    Please Visit My Stores

Meccano Shop
    Postcards Shop
    Stamps Shop
    DVD Shop

I'm free-I'm free
    And freedom tastes of reality
    I'm free-I'm free
    And I'm waiting for you to follow me

TOMMY

All-About Juliebabe25
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Z1966 View Post
    Yes, well done, that is a great inititiave just imagine, that if every ebid seller who went to a car boot, (we call them flea market) sale did that!

Thread Information