Thread: How do you advertise eBid?

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: How do you advertise eBid?

Quote Originally Posted by Pink_Panther View Post
    NOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooooo!

But to show how they are moving towards an Amazon model.

Here's this from 2011

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/n...t-UK-shop.html
    So how is that 5 day experiment going ?

Have they opened up any permanent ebay stores?

View sherlock07's Feedback (+301)
    All-About sherlock07
    View sherlock07's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    I see nothing wrong with newcomers paying more.

But the ebid lifetime fee must put lots of people off joining.
    I'd like to see a higher fvf.
    The Lifetime fee did not put me off, I see it as a good investment in the long run it will save a fortune on the fees eBay charge.

Sherlock's Watches Store ~ Great Watches for the Family
    Sherlock's Bazaar
    ~ General Store

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sherlock07 View Post
    The Lifetime fee did not put me off, I see it as a good investment in the long run it will save a fortune on the fees eBay charge.

As we all know it is a good investment if you are a serious long term seller.

But I wonder if disgruntled ebayers in the USA look at the top 3 alts and their fee structure and decide to try ebid last as its the dearest and hardest to get into.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    As we all know it is a good investment if you are a serious long term seller.

But I wonder if disgruntled ebayers in the USA look at the top 3 alts and their fee structure and decide to try ebid last as its the dearest and hardest to get into.
    yes of course the $49.49 seller lifetime didn't put you off as you as a minority decided that you could see a return on your outlay. But the majority of potentially new Ebid members most likely will not share this view/
    We all need to take a look at the site from the perspective of a first time visitor and base our judgments on this.

Remember that new Ebid viewers are informed that on Ebid it is free to list, or for a one off payment of $49.49 they can have seller lifetime membership.
    Whenever is the most effective way to list on Ebid as a newcomer (platinum) ever pushed?
    List for free and likely see your listings stay unsold or pay $49.49 for an unknown quantity and still see no success as you will carry on listing in Ebay style.
    If the platinum option was pushed then more new sellers would see some results for their efforts.....5c is not a big ask and is a real bargain.

Forum Newbie
    All-About dianerush50
    View dianerush50's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lots of good ideas here on promoting eBid but I am slightly computer tech illiterate. I was wondering if you could tell me how do I go about posting one of the shown logos onto my Facebook account-in particular the eBid as the alternative to eBay online auction logo?

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

You have to save the logo to your files then upload to FB

Quote Originally Posted by dianerush50 View Post
    Lots of good ideas here on promoting eBid but I am slightly computer tech illiterate. I was wondering if you could tell me how do I go about posting one of the shown logos onto my Facebook account-in particular the eBid as the alternative to eBay online auction logo?

Glasgow, North Lanarkshire, United Kingdom
    View redd_river's Feedback (+255)
    All-About redd_river
    View redd_river's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dianerush50 View Post
    Right click on the image you like and save to your computer. Upload it like a photo onto Facebook.

All-About redd_river
    Forum Posts

I agree with many of the suggestions suggested in this thread and I hope the people behind eBid are reading it.

I agree that a concentrated ad programme DESPERATELY needs to come from eBid in order for them to get their product to a wider customer base - its simply unrealistic for a sustainable business not to have some kind of advertisement strategy and for an online business its insane. However, this shouldn't necessarily stop us helping.

What some people may be forgetting is that eBay targets large sellers like Tesco and Argos etc who will upload thousands of listings each which will contribute to the eBay large number of listings. I would hope this is a strategy eBid doesn't employ.

eBid needs to change and develop or it looks like its standing still in an ever evolving world and if your standing still you're falling behind or more to the point being left behind. I think eBid has definitely don this

Changes I would make to eBid:

Give a thumbnail picture FREE for every single listing regardless of membership.

The increase of FVF fees will happen eventually - so do it now (along with restructuring of memberships), but still a comfortable distance
    from eBay FVF (no higher than 7.5% at highest. I'd say 2.5% for Seller+ to 7.5% for Seller account).

Restructure memberships - current memberships as explained as overly complicated (not difficult to understand just unnecessary).

I'd use any increased revenue to continue advertising campaign. I'm sure there are more ideas some of
    you have thought of from time to time.
    Last edited by backsilver; 13th April 2013 at 12:40 PM.

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

The increase of FVF fees will happen eventually - so do it now (along with restructuring of memberships), but still a comfortable distance
    from eBay FVF (no higher than 7.5% at highest. I'd say 2.5% for Seller+ to 7.5% for Seller account).

Well…how you’re think will help in that way very much or quicker what we have now…?
    I mean we have now very low FVF and that revenue comes for eBid ONLY after items is sold…
    So…how will help bigger FVF for eBid to achieve bigger revenue much quicker…?

All-About redd_river
    Forum Posts

Because if something sounds too good to be true it often is to good to be true. And with FVF sales so low its playing with expectations that leads to disappointment (I speak from experience). Obviously, more direct revenue increasing methods and changes will need to be made as well, but that's up to the eBid guys - they just need to be careful.

Thread Information