View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Promotional Idea

Quote Originally Posted by 20sent06 View Post
    err - assumption read - ?
    To para phase JFK.

Ask not what ebid can do for you.
    Ask what you can do for ebid.

After all it's only a sales platform for you to use as best you can.

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11873)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have taken a leaf out of another member's book - I still sell the odd one or two elsewhere and let the buyer(s) there know about my presence here when I post - creates awareness - and sales too!

But Promotion has to come from the top too: I am predominantly into Postcards, so how about eBid folk take a stand at a Postcard Fair to Promote itself and it's services etc. - a competitor did just that to great effect!!

Why - eBid could also attend Stamp Fairs, Toy Fairs, Jewellery, Auto-jumbles - you name it!
    It would be great to hear from the eBid organisation about this idea - yes, it is a two-way process - and it follows that I am more than happy/willing to co-ordinate/contribute/participate if such a campaign got off the ground - as I said a competitor did it to great effect! !

(oh! - please note: I don't have a laptop - nor a printer either!)

Forum Saint
    View Pink_Panther's Feedback (+177)
    All-About Pink_Panther
    View Pink_Panther's Listings
    Forum Posts

It would be great to hear from the eBid organisation about this idea - yes, it is a two-way process - and it follows that I am more than happy/willing to co-ordinate/contribute/participate if such a campaign got off the ground - as I said a competitor did it to great effect! !

(oh! - please note: I don't have a laptop - nor a printer either!)
    The ebid app is due soon I think.

So you could do it off your mobile!

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

We all have these problems as individuals and yes, we all do our bit - but it cannot be done in isolation.

Individual resources are limited after all. The reward for individual self-promotion is limited to time and effort alone.

In my opinion, it is eBid's responsibility as much as ours to further itself and it's membership in co-operation.

I am sure that their resources are more than capable.

In the Postcard World we have a Traders Association - The Postcard Traders Association. It too has a website and a forum where members can advertise their services + they have a profile which details their selling methods.

I have suggested eBid become a member too - instantly reach a wide audience: so far no response.

I continually surprises me when I mention eBid to colleagues/customers in the Postcard world that they have never heard of it!

I know Postcards is only a small part of the eBid world, but there must be similar experiences in other buying/selling areas

Up Postcards!
    There would be a knock on affect with your suggestion for Ebid to promote postcards in the way you suggest

If ebid was to promote postcards, wouldnt other sellers in the numerous catagories want or expect the same promotion from ebid?
    I sell in a different catagory clothing so any monies ebid spent on promoting postcards would be of no benefit where mine & other sellers items would be concerned.

I agree with whoever suggested that you ask ebid if there are any promotional items available, flyers, banners etc to give out at the fairs

Quote Originally Posted by Trinakarenmille View Post
    There would be a knock on affect with your suggestion for Ebid to promote postcards in the way you suggest

If ebid was to promote postcards, wouldnt other sellers in the numerous catagories want or expect the same promotion from ebid?
    I sell in a different catagory clothing so any monies ebid spent on promoting postcards would be of no benefit where mine & other sellers items would be concerned.

I agree with whoever suggested that you ask ebid if there are any promotional items available, flyers, banners etc to give out at the fairs
    On the contrary, any promotion for eBid has the ability to help us all. Like you I have most of my listings in clothing. But postcard buyers wear clothes, and if they find eBid they may browse other categories and purchase from there.

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    On the contrary, any promotion for eBid has the ability to help us all. Like you I have most of my listings in clothing. But postcard buyers wear clothes, and if they find eBid they may browse other categories and purchase from there.
    Its possible that some sellers in the clothes or other catagories may benefit, but not in the same way a catagory would benefit if ebid were to promote that one specific catagory only. IMO promotion should be given to the whole of the site not one catagory only.

Thread Information