Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ebid Listings and Google Shopping

View SICVAPE's Feedback (+26)
    All-About SICVAPE
    View SICVAPE's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid Listings and Google Shopping

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post
    Are you taking advantage of the Plug your Auctions forum?
    http://www.ebid.net/forums/forumdisp...-your-Auctions

You are allowed to create 1 thread to plug your items and bump it up every 24hrs by responding to yourself and adding new information ie more items for sale etc to keep your thread current.

Remember, if you start a 2nd thread, you must delete (not close) the 1st thread. This rule gives everyone an even playing field.
    I believe I have one in there. But not 100% sure...as that page gets soo many people posting in it, I lost track lol.

View SICVAPE's Feedback (+26)
    All-About SICVAPE
    View SICVAPE's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    Take a look at the titles on the 1st page of google shopping and try to mimic those. You never know.
    Hard to beat out places like Bass Pro Shops, and Gary Yamamota...

Not always the biggest that gets the best placement

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    Not always the biggest that gets the best placement
    I agree its not always the biggest that gets the best placement, it comes down to who as the best bait to reel the buyer in

Forum Newbie
    View exxos's Feedback (+1414)
    All-About exxos
    View exxos's Listings
    Forum Posts

I see my products listed on google shopping, but the guys who have less sales on the product than us seem to come up on top ?

I have been trying to work it all out for ages and given up. ebay and ebid appear on google shopping, and the only things I can find about this is creating a feed to import into google shopping. Though the feed must already be there somehow as the results appear on google shopping.

I tried to create my own feed a while back and just gave up. Though is there any "pay for ranking" type things going on with google shopping ? I have used adwords a fair bit, but got too expensive so gave up with that too.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

eBid are paying Google to have our listings uploaded to Google shopping.

Quote Originally Posted by exxos View Post
    I see my products listed on google shopping, but the guys who have less sales on the product than us seem to come up on top ?

I have been trying to work it all out for ages and given up. ebay and ebid appear on google shopping, and the only things I can find about this is creating a feed to import into google shopping. Though the feed must already be there somehow as the results appear on google shopping.

I tried to create my own feed a while back and just gave up. Though is there any "pay for ranking" type things going on with google shopping ? I have used adwords a fair bit, but got too expensive so gave up with that too.

eBid not only pay to have your listings uploaded (as long as you achieve the criteria), but also pay for adwords as well.

Forum Newbie
    View exxos's Feedback (+1414)
    All-About exxos
    View exxos's Listings
    Forum Posts

thanks, seems a bit more clear now on whats going on.

It would be good if ebid could somehow increase rankings if a store owner pays a little more. I am only selling low priced stuff, but if a small amount now and then can increase rankings then it may well be a options a lot of sellers would opt in for ?

Rhondda Cynon Taf, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View Trinakarenmille's Feedback (+2574)
    All-About Trinakarenmille
    View Trinakarenmille's Listings
    Forum Posts

ex

If you have the box ticked for ebid to upload your items to google, google will not accept them be added by you. Its either ebid uploads on your behalf or you upload them yourself.

thanks, seems a bit more clear now on whats going on.

It would be good if ebid could somehow increase rankings if a store owner pays a little more. I am only selling low priced stuff, but if a small amount now and then can increase rankings then it may well be a options a lot of sellers would opt in for ?
    A way of getting extra visibility would be to use any extra money for direct advertising, either on your own or a few similar sellers. I know that there is an eBid seller who takes advertising space in a trade magazine that pushes their own listings and eBid.

You might be able to get links to your home page from online bloggers as well, if there are any in that field. I know that some bloggers will gladly provide some plugs if you send them freebies. Usually they will do a write up on the items provided and where they can be purchased, but others are simply happy to provide their followers with good, cheap sources for what they want.

Thread Information