Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: eBid on Superscrimpers channel 4

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default eBid on Superscrimpers channel 4

I spotted eBid on Superscrimpers tonight (towards the end of the programme) and they got the name right! eBid.net

http://www.channel4.com/programmes/superscrimpers/4od

(3 minutes from the end)
    Last edited by olivia8143; 26th March 2013 at 09:18 AM. Reason: added link

Default Re: eBid on Superscrimpers channel 4

I missed that, it was on in the background and when the guy was selling the tech stuff I though he could do better on here, but missed the plug. But just after it finished there were more viewings all of a sudden on my items, not turned into sales yet, but still time.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes that is the sort of publicity that ebid needs

And its free!

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    I missed that, it was on in the background and when the guy was selling the tech stuff I though he could do better on here, but missed the plug. But just after it finished there were more viewings all of a sudden on my items, not turned into sales yet, but still time.
    Do you mean on the programme or channel? If so, that's cool.

Quote Originally Posted by burgyeb View Post
    Do you mean on the programme or channel? If so, that's cool.
    TV was on that channel so the programme was on.

Still getting plenty of views on my items, still not translating into sales. But as long as people have heard of eBid they are likely to take a look here next time they want something. And I have noticed on Google Analytics that I sometimes get a few views on an item from the same location and it sometimes translates into a sale after a few days. Might be that they are comparing with other sites before buying.

If my additional viewings are translated across the site, and mine spiked at 50% higher than any other hourly viewings over the past week, then there could be literally thousands of people taking possibly their first look at eBid.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

TV was on that channel so the programme was on.

Still getting plenty of views on my items, still not translating into sales. But as long as people have heard of eBid they are likely to take a look here next time they want something. And I have noticed on Google Analytics that I sometimes get a few views on an item from the same location and it sometimes translates into a sale after a few days. Might be that they are comparing with other sites before buying.

If my additional viewings are translated across the site, and mine spiked at 50% higher than any other hourly viewings over the past week, then there could be literally thousands of people taking possibly their first look at eBid.
    Would be interesting to track concrete information showing in Google Analytics. Even if lots of views for now; if the few sales can be specifically translated back to programme viewership, that is awesome. It is great that eBid is picking up on the exposure at no cost.

Would be interesting to track concrete information showing in Google Analytics. Even if lots of views for now; if the few sales can be specifically translated back to programme viewership, that is awesome. It is great that eBid is picking up on the exposure at no cost.
    Just calculated that viewings increased by 360% in the hour following the programme compared to the hour before. In addition the percentage of new visitors compared to returning showed a marked increase.

All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Just calculated that viewings increased by 360% in the hour following the programme compared to the hour before. In addition the percentage of new visitors compared to returning showed a marked increase.
    Is it possible to tie the viewing increase definatively to the programme. Those figures look impressive, but if controls are not in place to counter the possibility of chance, or some other factors playing a part, sceptics emerge. However, at a glance those numbers are impressive. Over what period of time did the percentage of new visitors spike?

For example, if I tweet a listing to Twitter that has sat for days with zero to two views, within seconds the views can increase up to 15-17. Those views will then go on increasing at a noticeable rate. I can not believe that just happened by chance as it happens consistently.

Haverfordwest, Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
    View olivia8143's Feedback (+1394)
    All-About olivia8143
    View olivia8143's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've added the link to my original post (you might want to fast forward to 3 minutes from the end - it's a pretty boring programme)

Is it possible to tie the viewing increase definatively to the programme. Those figures look impressive, but if controls are not in place to counter the possibility of chance, or some other factors playing a part, sceptics emerge. However, at a glance those numbers are impressive. Over what period of time did the percentage of new visitors spike?

For example, if I tweet a listing to Twitter that has sat for days with zero to two views, within seconds the views can increase up to 15-17. Those views will then go on increasing at a noticeable rate. I can not believe that just happened by chance as it happens consistently.
    They hit a peak within 5 minutes of the programme finishing and then stayed high for about half an hour, staying high for the rest of the evening but 'only' 50% or so higher in the final hour. A few of the later visits were for items that were viewed earlier and there were more repeat visits. That may be down to people liking what they saw and comparing with elsewhere. One of the items viewed sold this morning, I will try to find out where the buyer heard of eBid as they are a new member.

Thread Information