eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why I think ebid will ultimately win over other sites.

Forum Newbie
    View Rustymini's Feedback (+3)
    All-About Rustymini
    View Rustymini's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Why I think ebid will ultimately win over other sites.

Quite simply, other sites have got far too greedy.

I occasionally list parts of my CD collection. I must admit I have little spells when I list lots (usually around the same time that my wife has a dig about the size of my collection compared to the size of our house) and longer spells where I don't list anything. I guess what I'm trying to say is that my lack of sales on ebid is more down to me than any other reason.

Recently I've listed a few CD's on another site (not an auction site, it may have the name of a river in it), I had an email yesterday to say I had sold a CD to a buyer in Belgium. It sold for £2.09 which I thought was a fair price. The site added £1.82 for P&P and charged the customer a total of £3.91. Everything fine so far, until i realised they had then charged me a whacking £1.38 commission on a £2.09 sale. This leaves me with £2.53 with which I also have to pay for postage. Airmail costs £2.93 to Belgium. The absolute cheapest way of sending it (surface mail) is £2.54

I'm sure that business users probably get a better deal on other sites than private sellers, however they seem to have forgotten that it was the private sellers that got these sites to the prominence they enjoy now. For this reason in future I'll not waste my time listing elsewhere.

It's just ebid for me now.

Default Re: Why I think ebid will ultimately win over other sites.

Apart from the fees you could also add the superb customer service, listening to buyers and sellers, treating everybody fairly, trying to keep the site clear of dodgy items, not changing policy every 5 minutes and a host of other reasons.

Forum Newbie
    View Rustymini's Feedback (+3)
    All-About Rustymini
    View Rustymini's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes - all that too.

Also it's the only site where there's a photo of my dalmatian (even though it went a bit "stretchy")

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I hope you do well here

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

All good stuff here. Oh and welcome to the forums.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

I agree with you we all need to advertise this site I do loads of advertising and bringing customers over to ebid and sellers as well I had 2 customer sign up to seller+ the other day so thats good tell everyone in your local to you. I did do a adwords campaign than I noticed I was getting charged for clicks and not making any money out of it so that stopped if there was a way to lock your store name so they need to go to the main site and go out of your adwords to continue clicking that would be good as i dont want to pay for other sellers sells though
    my clicks system if you are with me so yes that was a raw deal you got there its just not feebay its feeamz as well lol

GREAT DEALS IN ALL MY STORES ON EBID

JOIN EBID HERE
    http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/412775

http://exeterdvd.ebid.net/ For Great DVD Romance Childrens Drama TV Shows And More

http://exeterbooks.ebid.net/ For Great Audio Books

http://exetercd.ebid.net/ For great deal on CD's

Worcester, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
    View 3red123's Feedback (+83)
    All-About 3red123
    View 3red123's Listings
    Forum Posts

I listed quite a few items on the river site just before Christmas. Like you I quickly realised that the money I made was minimal - sometimes 20p per item once all fees/P&P had been taken into account. Certainly not worth the time and effort. And there are so many listings where people are selling things for 1p! I think there are people losing money over there who probably don't even realise it.

I did better on the other site (feebay I think it's known as on here) but even then, once all fees where taken into account, the money made was minimal. So I have decided to set up my own site, and use ebid as well, so I can list 100's of items free and just pay a minimal amount when they sell.. Just got to find the time to add all the listings now :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Rustymini View Post
    Quite simply, other sites have got far too greedy.

I occasionally list parts of my CD collection. I must admit I have little spells when I list lots (usually around the same time that my wife has a dig about the size of my collection compared to the size of our house) and longer spells where I don't list anything. I guess what I'm trying to say is that my lack of sales on ebid is more down to me than any other reason.

Recently I've listed a few CD's on another site (not an auction site, it may have the name of a river in it), I had an email yesterday to say I had sold a CD to a buyer in Belgium. It sold for £2.09 which I thought was a fair price. The site added £1.82 for P&P and charged the customer a total of £3.91. Everything fine so far, until i realised they had then charged me a whacking £1.38 commission on a £2.09 sale. This leaves me with £2.53 with which I also have to pay for postage. Airmail costs £2.93 to Belgium. The absolute cheapest way of sending it (surface mail) is £2.54

I'm sure that business users probably get a better deal on other sites than private sellers, however they seem to have forgotten that it was the private sellers that got these sites to the prominence they enjoy now. For this reason in future I'll not waste my time listing elsewhere.

It's just ebid for me now.
    Angie

My eBid stores:

Books Books Books
    http://books-books-books.ebid.net/

Beautiful and unique jewellery from around the world:
    http://incredible-zen-jewellery.ebid.net/

took me a while to get the river thing doh!!! dont use them much , once i think .

but dont forget buying , ive been guilty of it in the past just go to other site out of habit , but made an oath to myself if i want something ill check here first now.

bought a few things this easter holiday .
    every man is the architect of his own fortune.

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?typ...orcycle-spares

Quote Originally Posted by aep2008123 View Post
    took me a while to get the river thing doh!!! dont use them much , once i think .

but dont forget buying , ive been guilty of it in the past just go to other site out of habit , but made an oath to myself if i want something ill check here first now.

bought a few things this easter holiday .
    We should all try to buy as much as we can on eBid, apart from anything else you will get the Buddy Points.

I buy on here whenever I can, but unfortunately cannot always find what I want. That situation is improving all the time, and with it my purchases here. And then there are the times that sellers do not help the site. While I would rather buy on eBid I will not do so if the seller is charging an extortionate price. and then there are the sellers who do not respond, I have bought on here where the buyer simply did not respond resulting in a lost sale for them and eBid.

yes i will always check here from now on , like you say items are not aways here , which highlights how important sellers are to auction sites.

and somtimes seller has long since forgotten about items listed .

yeah i agree also on your point , some sellers seem to wack great prices on items instead of trying to pass fee% savings onto buyers.
    every man is the architect of his own fortune.

http://uk.ebid.net/perl/main.cgi?typ...orcycle-spares

Thread Information