Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

View Poll Results: Do you use Multi-Item auction?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes Often.

0 0%
  • Seldom.

2 66.67%
  • Never.

1 33.33%

Thread: General Auction Help -- New guy here.

Smile General Auction Help -- New guy here.

If someone will be kind enough to review my auctions and let me know where Im going wrong I would be very grateful.

Also some general questions. If I use the FEATURED option on a multiple buynow item like 24 1964 washington quarters would I have to pay 1.00 for every sale or is it a flat 1.00 per entry. This is to clairify.

Also would the dutch auction (multi-item auction) be adviseable here for coins? Most that I sell are silver coins (which means I have money tied into them already) and pennies and I would like to know before hand the odds that I would not be selling say morgans for 15$ apiece!!!

I was selling coins for a client for 120.00 apiece (50 dimes) on Feebay and my girlfriend handles the mail for me and she forgot to get the tracking number and so he made me pay him and he got to keep the dimes. Sorry if my auctions sound harsh but I left peebay for that reason. I know she shipped the dimes because I see the charge on my debit card for it. So I am starting over. Here I am. Thanks for advice and tips!!!

P.S. How would YOU sell my coins?
    Last edited by FisherCoins01; 23rd March 2013 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Typo's

Default Re: General Auction Help -- New guy here.

I am not a coin seller, but I do sell regularly on eBid, so here goes.

You are a seller+. With that you get 5 free stores so you should have at least a coin store. When you set it up add the link to your signature.

Your listings are RUS (Run Until Sold). These stay at the bottom of the eBid pile so you might lose out on viewings and therefore sales. Most sellers use a 7-10 day listing with 10 auto reposts.

With dutch auctions they are OK so long as you set the start price or reserve at a price you wuld be happy to sell for.

The featured listing you are charged $1.00 each time it is listed. It remains featured for 30 days. There are no FVF's with a featured listing so you could end up better off. It might be worth listing to try it out. If you do I would list for 30 days and no auto reposts. If it worked out OK for you it is a simple manual repost and you could add auto reposts as well.

Most sales are through Google, so make sure you have good Google exposure. Not sure if you can get coins on Google Shopping, but I do not see why not. If so you would probably need an exemption, see http://uk.ebid.net/help_selling.php#48

Be patient on here, check out the forums and you will pick up hints. Take a look at the Hot Sellers and if there are coin sellers there see what they do. Sales are harder to come by on eBid, you have to work that bit harder at them, buy they are there if you put the effort in, and you get to keep more of the money for yourself.

Default Re: General Auction Help -- New guy here.

Thank you for the suggestions! Much appreciated. Will try the featured item out soon

Thread Information