Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Total ignorance

Forum Newbie
    All-About tryphena97
    View tryphena97's Listings
    Forum Posts

Red face Total ignorance

Having chickened out of selling on eBay, I've taken the plunge & subscribed to ebid. Now what? I've just realised that I have absolutely no idea where to start.
    How do I set up a shop?
    I'm an oldie & not very good at this sort of thing, but I really want to give it a go.
    Any help would be really welcome
    Tryphena97

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Total ignorance

Hi and welcome to eBid. Not too tech savvy myself, (OK I'm a Luddite), but managed to get a store or two set up. From the Help pages:

http://us.ebid.net/help_selling.php#32

Make sure to save each section when setting up your store and be sure to set the store to online.

There's lots of good info. in the Help section, also videos. Astral's FAQs page has lots of good info. as well:

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginmedia.com/ebidkb.htm

Specifically on setting up a store:

http://www.mootango.webspace.virginm...idkb.htm#a0013

If you have any more questions just ask, someone will be happy to help.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

I recommend you start with eBid's online FAQs. They do a better and more detailed job than I could. When you've got the general idea, or if you get stuck, come back here with more specific questions. Lots of knowledgable people willing to help.

Click on the "Sell" tab at the top of this page. Then on the word "Help" to the right of the tabs. You'll see a list of FAQs.

Starting Auctions, Selling & eBid Stores should give you a good start.

As the others have said, take a look at the FAQ's. Any problems pop back to the forums with specific questions. I would also suggest that when (hopefully not if) you get a listing up and running you ask for advice regarding that listing. It is far easier to edit one listing if there are changes to be made.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

I recommend that you bowl in and make a couple of listings.

If you have listed on another site then how can it be harder on here ?
    (every site is slightly different)

Then you can add shops later and put yoru listings in the shops.

Then you will learn as you go and the you can look at the help videos or open a new thread and ask for help on here.

Also it helps to buy something on ebid ,that way you get to know how the whole thing works.

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello and welcome to eBid tryphena97.

You have started well by joining eBid as a Seller+ member. This entitles you to 5 shops where you can list for free as long as you use the free listing which means the only charge will be the 2% FVF for eBid plus the shopping cart fees which vary, depending on which you choose.

Your best bet is to study the links listed above which give a lot of info for you to start listing. Then, as kreative said, once you have one or two products listed come back to the KT forum and ask members to check them out to ensure the titles/content/pics etc. are good.

There are many helpful members here who will give you the info you need to get selling.

Good Luck and I hope you enoy eBid.

Gill
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Welcome to eBid tryphena97 ( waves from over the Mendips !)
    Bykimbo made a good video about setting up a shop. Watch this and all will become clear. It's the fifth video from the bottom of this page called 'How to make your eBid shop'
    http://uk.ebid.net/htv_selling.php

If you haven't got a banner in mind for your store then eBid member Gothicina has some nice ready made ones for sale just put 'store banner' in the search box and they will come up.

Forum Newbie
    View kubwajack7's Feedback (+11)
    All-About kubwajack7
    View kubwajack7's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tryphena97 View Post
    Having chickened out of selling on eBay, I've taken the plunge & subscribed to ebid. Now what? I've just realised that I have absolutely no idea where to start.
    How do I set up a shop?
    I'm an oldie & not very good at this sort of thing, but I really want to give it a go.
    Any help would be really welcome
    Tryphena97
    Welcome to eBid,
    I just came over a couple of months ago myself. You have already been given the same information that I was given. Read the questions, watch the videos.It is all very helpful . The BIG HUGH difference here is that everyboidy WILL help you and they all want you to succeed , even your competition. The better that we do and advertise and spread the word the more people will come here to shop. If you need more help come back ! Good luck and do not give up !
    Jack

Thread Information