eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The processing and communications keep getting better

Default Re: The processing and communications keep getting better

Quote Originally Posted by hurryb4itsgone View Post
    Trish, thanks for this ... now I know what I did wrong when I went to do my 1st batch of re-lists!
    Glad I could be of help to you, hurry!
    I only learned this through reading forum posts.
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical_Trish View Post
    Glad I could be of help to you, hurry!
    I only learned this through reading forum posts.
    Yes, the forum posts provide a wonderful education and even a few laughs!

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    Trish if you are using the tick boxes in the unsold section and then doing an 'all repost' - even if you do a repost and don't delete you can't repost the item again because the tick in the repost box is removed:

Attachment 38879

I understand what you say but the danger of ticking both boxes is that the email confirmation of the repost comes through and says unsuccessful results - that means the listing has been lost forever. Which could be a reason for missing listings. I always 'all repost' (checking the total) and once my shop figure and e-mail confirms there have been no problem then I go and 'all delete' checking my totals correspond to those exact same listings deleted.

Definitely agree with you on making sure the repost and the deleted listings should always tally - I could imagine all sorts of problems if they don't.

Also on your seller managing to repost sold items - it sounds although they are reposting from 'auctions I ran' which would repost sold and unsold items because it contains both. That is an area that I fail to see the logic in - we have sold and unsold section so why does there need to be a re-post facility from 'auctions I ran' which is effectively repeating what is already available in sold and unsold?

Looking at this thread though....... and others with missing listings and my unresolved system duplicate listing glitch, maybe at some point the whole re-post system could do with being looked into....

As per Tia's original post - the removal of duplicates is wonderful...... but it seems to miss things.
    Hi deano, I don't ever use the 'all repost' function.
    I look at unsold items, tick repost and delete for each one that I wish to repost.
    Some items I don't want to repost is the reason I don't 'repost all'.
    For example :- seeds that have been unsold for too long, candles that I have stopped making, clothes that I have got fed up with storing and have donated to charity etc.

I then check my emails, and marry off 'new listing' with 'closed auction'.
    This way I can see if I have made a mistake somewhere if there is something that hasn't been married off, and doesn't tally.
    It doesn't take too much time, as I only have just over 4,000 listings, and I try and keep up to date a couple of times a day - no problem at all.

Your last comment "the removal of duplicates is wonderful...... but it seems to miss things" - you most certainly are right there.
    I checked out another candle seller, and was amazed at the amount of duplicates - seems like the genuine sellers who make a mistake are picked out tout suite, whilst others carry on unnoticed.
    Ah well, c'est la vie ...
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Thread Information