Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So very excited about ebid

Default So very excited about ebid

I have just joined the ebid community about a week ago and am very excited! I have been selling on the other site for about 10 years now and had great success until the commission on shipping happened. Used to have around one hundred items at $4.99 listed everyweek with about a profit of three dollars an item and no gouging on the shipping.
    Shipping is expensive enough but when a commission is charged on your own costs there is very little if any profit left.
    I have been getting out to as many estate auctions as possible and am going to start building up my inventory on ebid.
    I am still listing on the other site and as much as I can I put my ebid and username in the listing hoping to bring customers to us.

As I said I am so very excited about this site and pray that all will turn out well.

Thanks ebid and God Bless

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1958)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: So very excited about ebid

Welcome to eBid!

I hope you do very well here.

Make sure you read the forums for lots of helpful hints on selling. Just feel free to ask any questions, the people here are great at solving any of your queries or problems.

Hi mrdwhall, a huge welcome to eBid from me too!
    As gbsbks says, do please read the forums - you will learn so much.
    We have some of the best advice here from experienced sellers who achieve many sales per day -
    They are all willing to help you out and get those sales rolling in for you!
    Any questions at all - do please ask.
    Good Luck x
    Visit my clothes store -here
    Look in my treasure in trove ! here
    For
    soy wax candles, tarts & melts click here
    For trading cards click here
    Visit my Tazo barhere

Welcome....Hope you do well here.

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mrdwhall12 View Post
    I have just joined the ebid community about a week ago and am very excited! I have been selling on the other site for about 10 years now and had great success until the commission on shipping happened. Used to have around one hundred items at $4.99 listed everyweek with about a profit of three dollars an item and no gouging on the shipping.
    Shipping is expensive enough but when a commission is charged on your own costs there is very little if any profit left.
    I have been getting out to as many estate auctions as possible and am going to start building up my inventory on ebid.
    I am still listing on the other site and as much as I can I put my ebid and username in the listing hoping to bring customers to us.

As I said I am so very excited about this site and pray that all will turn out well.

Thanks ebid and God Bless
    I have to ask, has FeeBay actually started charging commission on shipping costs? If so I'd have to question the legality of that. I know you'd lose money anyway on shipping costs because PayPal charge based on the total of the transaction including shipping (you're losing because of the 3.2% or whatever it is they charge on top of the flat rate fee), so you lose a bit anyway but absorb the hit through the profit margins, but seriously, FeeBay are charging a commision on shipping costs now? How recently did they start doing this as I stopped trading on FeeBay nearly 5 years ago now and I never read their forums or anything FeeBay posts or emails about changes to whatever they have changed. Is there no end to their greed?!?! But you are right, shipping is expensive enough as it is these days without FeeBay wanting to take a commission on that as well. Obviously they are not happy with the hundreds of millions they earn per year in rip-off final value fees and rip-off fees for extras for listings.

Anyways, welcome to the Light Side. Do not be disheartened if things start off slowly for you on here. It started like that for a lot of us, including my business, and obviously, it does depend on what you sell and demand for your products. I keep just ONE listing active on FeeBay and I use the item description to advertise my products here on eBid and with a big image detailing the special offer I have going on that is only available from me on ebid. If you can, take advantage of brand name and barcode facilities on the listing, it will get you on google shopping, but if you do not have access to this information, you can fill out a form to be exempt from the requirements to be listed on google shopping.

I run my own business, a toy shop, but as I get 5 free stores on eBid I am going to be opening another store to sell off some private items I no longer want or things that were bought for me for Christmas etc. that I have no interest in. There will be times when I'll take this shop off line though as I do not have many private things to sell at this time and there's no point keeping it active when there is nothing to list on it lol.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Pamela
    Are you aware that RUS listings go to the bottom of searches?.
    You would get your listings higher up the ebid search by using auto relist
    Ebid will auto relist up to 10 relists

Quote Originally Posted by rokins_toys View Post
    I have to ask, has FeeBay actually started charging commission on shipping costs?
    Yes, at least for the last year. They somewhat off-set it by offering a discount on postage if you print shipping labels through them.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi and welcome to eBid. Agree with the above. A few thoughts if you haven't already tried these:

1) Offer international shipping whenever possible to widen your potential customer base.
    2) If seller+ use your 5 free stores to organize your items.
    3) Use BIN prices whenever possible (in addition to auction style if desired) to ensure your items are uploaded to Google shopping.
    4) Use Plug Your Auctions section of the forum (1x per 24 hours, delete/close old post before adding new one) to advertise your items for sale.
    5) Use social media sites to advertise your listings.
    6) Add a signature link to your forum posts so members can click to view your listings.
    7) Check out the Help pages and Astral's FAQs page (info. about signature link on Astral's page), lots of good info. here.
    8) Tell everyone you know and meet about eBid, including former customers on other sites.
    9) Use MaO if it's your thing or offer combined shipping or similar to give buyers more incentive to purchase from you.
    10) List as many items as possible to give buyers more choices.
    11) Use 7-10 day listings instead of RUS to ensure your items move up searches.
    12) Participate in the forums and eBid activities (as the monthly YDC charity auctions if it's your thing) so members get to know you.

Any questions just ask, we don't bite, well, not too hard anyhow. You have the right attitude and as stated above patience and persistence will out.

Astral's Knowledge Base:

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthread.ph...ries&highlight=

Good luck and best wishes for many sales to all,

Welcome to eBid and Best wishes to you!

Welcome along - I hope your enthusiam is met with equal success!

Thread Information