Thread: Ebid came in third

Forum Master
    View DZAMBO's Feedback (+480)
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid came in third

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    I agree that sales are far more important than traffic.

Dzambo on your ebay shop which you pay $15 a month for................ you have had one sale (of $15) in 3 months.

So it would appear that there is not much traffic over there. Maybe you should be asking about traffic over at the bay........... not here.

Barcelona win 4-0.
    Yes Barcelona won…4:0….oh...boy…
    And about my fees or my store fee…just say in the last more of 4 years I give about $800 for that store…but in the return I have around $12.000.00 in sales if you’re don’t believe just count all my ‘’official’’ sales…and in that time I have 50 to 20 items listed in my store all the time…so…just once for all get serious about business compared any other business around…I always occasionally list and put my effort only occasionally…and I will always ‘’exchange’’ that rate for any around stuff…
    And by the way I wish you good day and good sales ‘’Dean’’…...go back to my work….

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

There's lots of traffic at the bay, its just split up across so many millions of sellers and millions of listings, so its very hard to get seen.

Dzambo does not need to worry - if his bill gets too big he can sell his red car! (or bet on Milan)

That's why I when I started auction selling I soon reailsed that ebay were too big for the average person to get seen,so that the market needed to have 3 or 4 equal sized sites, each with the same amount of listings and traffic, so that sellers would get a fair chance of being seen on the browsing lists.

But that Uptopic world is never going to happen of course.

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

I agree that sales are far more important than traffic.

Dzambo on your ebay shop which you pay $15 a month for................ you have had one sale (of $15) in 3 months.

So it would appear that there is not much traffic over there. Maybe you should be asking about traffic over at the bay........... not here.

Barcelona win 4-0.
    Dzambo is not alone in not getting the traffic over there if the threads are anything to go by over there.

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    There's lots of traffic at the bay, its just split up across so many millions of sellers and millions of listings, so its very hard to get seen.

Dzambo does not need to worry - if his bill gets too big he can sell his red car! (or bet on Milan)

That's why I when I started auction selling I soon reailsed that ebay were too big for the average person to get seen,so that the market needed to have 3 or 4 equal sized sites, each with the same amount of listings and traffic, so that sellers would get a fair chance of being seen on the browsing lists.

But that Uptopic world is never going to happen of course.

Well…thanks for reply’s…as I say before I just list occasionally and not that much but even in that way and even I not have more of 50 my items all the time in my store I manage too be seen and what I sell anyone can check out and for how much…and like I say too if anyone offer me example $12,000.00 for 4 years I will give you back $800 and top of that I will give you even 50% for rest of that money and even after that I am still good and make some money without any hard effort…without any my advertising (from which I need to be on line day to day most of my time)…without even one posted thread about any stuff in more of 4 years…and even after that I am super pass for how much money I sold my items versus peoples who has 10.000 listed items in around other sites example…and that only can give you ‘’traffic’’…I have right now 20 items listed and out of that only 1 item is for peoples around all other 19 items will buy in 99% only peoples who understand my native language or other stuff from my ex-country from which again 99% peoples from my ex-country will buy that stuff…
    But anyway I make pretty much money from my real job versus average how much make peoples in USA, so I really not bother that much for selling online but I keep open my shop because person never know if any time in the future can have some good stuff for sale and for about money charges no big deal because that ‘’kind of the money’’ for a month I can earn in couple min. from my job or just pull out ‘’dividends’’’ from my shares from stock market and pay it without ‘’a blink’’ and I am still ‘’young’’ and I am not losing time in my years now because after I become much older that previous years will ask me ‘’where you been before…?’’…
    In the end enough about me, no big deal for me if anyone say that or this about me because ‘’I know what I am doing’’…
    I just saying in my opinion what can give you traffic and what can’t in average for all seller’s….and I respect any other opinion too…but again many around will check out what anyone writing and will check out how is business for auction for real on ‘’average’’…but anyway Dzambo wishes you all good sales and good health too......

P.S. ‘’babe’’ you again ‘’around’’ my ‘’red car’’ huh….I doesn’t know if you’re like it or not but I can sell that car and buy other BMW or just simply buy one more BMW and have it two…and in this year of 2013 one of this two options will happen, mark my words….. ....

Dzambo is this the same calculations as last year? The numerous posts when you stopped selling here and claimed you were selling 1,000's of items and making $1,000's at the bay..... when in fact it became clear to the forum that wasn't the case and you were making less on those items than you were on eBid.

I am always puzzled when I see people making a loss on auction sites. Continually paying for a shop on the bay when it doesn't get enough sales to cover the monthly shop costs is just feeding the monster money. 3 months shop costs @ $15 a month on the bay with only one sale of $15 is $30 down the drain.

This is why eBid probably needs extra emphasis on the fact that you can have 5 free shops here. Might make those people making loses on their shops on the bay think about it a bit more.
    Last edited by deanosaur1972; 13th March 2013 at 12:40 PM.

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Dean

I am always puzzled when I see people making a loss on auction sites. Continually paying for a shop on the bay when it doesn't get enough sales to cover the monthly shop costs is just feeding the monster money. 3 months shop costs @ $15 a month on the bay with only one sale of $15 is $30 down the drain

It would be more than $30 down, dont forget the ebay $ paypal fees.
    Then theres the possible claims of SNAD partial refunds, INR thus having the honour of paying to give your goods away for free.

I also dont understand why someone would pay for a shop that running at a loss .

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Back to the thread...

With all it's attributes should eBid rank third?

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Dzambo is this the same calculations as last year? The numerous posts when you stopped selling here and claimed you were selling 1,000's of items and making $1,000's at the bay..... when in fact it became clear to the forum that wasn't the case and you were making less on those items than you were on eBid.

I am always puzzled when I see people making a loss on auction sites. Continually paying for a shop on the bay when it doesn't get enough sales to cover the monthly shop costs is just feeding the monster money. 3 months shop costs @ $15 a month on the bay with only one sale of $15 is $30 down the drain.

This is why eBid probably needs extra emphasis on the fact that you can have 5 free shops here. Might make those people making loses on their shops on the bay think about it a bit more.
    My calculation is always right…and I state ‘’officially’’…and I think you very well know how seller’s on that site beat higher fees and that is going for very long time…
    But leave that alone is very tricky subject…
    In the end even me I can pay fees for store in the next couple years and stay in ‘’plus’’ even after that thanks to a ‘’little money’’ from previous ‘’official’’ sales…other ''non official'' sales I will leave alone....
    Good day to you Dean and I wish you good sales too…...
    Today we have Bayern vs Arsenal….I hope Arsenal can make ‘’a miracle’’…...

Forum Master
    All-About DZAMBO
    View DZAMBO's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adruml View Post
    Back to the thread...

With all it's attributes should eBid rank third?

‘’Al’’…I really think it should...why not…or maybe ''second'' place........

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

These survey are always very subjective.
    We all know that ebid is the best auction site.
    But comparing fees is very hard due to the fact that ebid has low fvf's but a high up front fee (so how can you factor that in?)

I was also very surprised that ebid only came 6th in Ina Steiners survey. That covers all auction and selling sites.
    Her survey also has a question how profitable is the site for you?
    Once again that is a hard question to answer.

Thread Information