Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Self Promotion, Some Ideas that Work for Us

Red face Self Promotion, Some Ideas that Work for Us

Its all about marketing when it comes to Ebid. I put the word out everywhere and it drives in traffic. Also, its a great idea if you have saved email addresses from past customers from other sites to let them know about your Ebid items with a link and friendly email. When you invoice from sites like Feebay etc., be sure to point out to your customers your Ebid store. With orders from other sites, again, with your thank you note, include your Ebid address, even offer specials for 1st time buyers who jump ship from elsewhere to your Ebid store...Offering google checkout also seems to put many more items into the search engines, keep tweeting, G+1ing, FB, pinning, use craigslist, use forums. When budgeting your time, simply make it a habit and a priority to advertise every way, every where, anywhere for 1/2 hour a day. It also helps to have a catchy domain name that is pointed to your Ebid site. I was able to get permission from Ebid to include my domain name within all of my Ebid art and descriptions as long as I keep it pointed to my store there. Hope this helps someone

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Self Promotion, Some Ideas that Work for Us

Quote Originally Posted by thecardattic View Post
    Its all about marketing when it comes to Ebid. I put the word out everywhere and it drives in traffic. Also, its a great idea if you have saved email addresses from past customers from other sites to let them know about your Ebid items with a link and friendly email. When you invoice from sites like Feebay etc., be sure to point out to your customers your Ebid store. With orders from other sites, again, with your thank you note, include your Ebid address, even offer specials for 1st time buyers who jump ship from elsewhere to your Ebid store...Offering google checkout also seems to put many more items into the search engines, keep tweeting, G+1ing, FB, pinning, use craigslist, use forums. When budgeting your time, simply make it a habit and a priority to advertise every way, every where, anywhere for 1/2 hour a day. It also helps to have a catchy domain name that is pointed to your Ebid site. I was able to get permission from Ebid to include my domain name within all of my Ebid art and descriptions as long as I keep it pointed to my store there. Hope this helps someone
    How did you do that?

Actually its because they saw my domain name and warned me that all of my items would be removed, I responded to them and told them that my domain name pointed to Ebid and because of that, drove more traffic to the site especially from my past customers who use my domain name and did not know that Ebid existed. Support checked it out, i.e. tested the domain name and saw that all was good and that it brought people to Ebid so they said disregard the warning, as long as I kept it pointed to Ebid, they would allow it it stay

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Actually its because they saw my domain name and warned me that all of my items would be removed, I responded to them and told them that my domain name pointed to Ebid and because of that, drove more traffic to the site especially from my past customers who use my domain name and did not know that Ebid existed. Support checked it out, i.e. tested the domain name and saw that all was good and that it brought people to Ebid so they said disregard the warning, as long as I kept it pointed to Ebid, they would allow it it stay
    Well done and good legit marketing.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

It does seem to be a lot of work and time.
    When really we should be able to list items on ebid and they sell.

There is very little difference between having an internet store from a traditional brick and mortar store, you have to advertise to set yourself apart from others. The competition is far too fierce on the internet to just wait for someone to stumble upon your items. When we used to be on Feebay, we did the exact same strategies of advertising that I mentioned in my original post because we had to set ourselves apart from the 100's if not 1000's of other sellers who sold similar items. You can chose to either just be part of the crowd of sellers or chose to stand out from the crowd

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

There is very little difference between having an internet store from a traditional brick and mortar store, you have to advertise to set yourself apart from others. The competition is far too fierce on the internet to just wait for someone to stumble upon your items. When we used to be on Feebay, we did the exact same strategies of advertising that I mentioned in my original post because we had to set ourselves apart from the 100's if not 1000's of other sellers who sold similar items. You can chose to either just be part of the crowd of sellers or chose to stand out from the crowd
    I love your attitude Well done.

My pleasure, thank you! ;-)

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

That sounds really great. I am a bit green on these things. I know how to set up a domain name, but how do you get it to point to ebid?

under most domain selling sites, there is an option to direct or re-direct your domain name to another address which would be the ebid store address, some sites also use the word point, i.e. would you like to point or direct or re-direct your domain name to another address

Thread Information