My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Newbie Needs Help Pretty Please

Red face Newbie Needs Help Pretty Please

Hi there. I am brand new to Ebid driven here by Ebays relentless fees. I read that the folks here were seller friendly and I need to talk to someone to get some help that is not covered in the help section. Is there a phone line to speak to a real person? I understand I can get my feedback & seller status moved over here from Ebay. I also ran into a glitch in my first listing that won't allow me to set an auction price only a set price & cant seem to get around it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Babz

View iwiw60's Feedback (+761)
    All-About iwiw60
    View iwiw60's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Newbie Needs Help Pretty Please

Welcome to eBid, Babz! I see that you are a "Seller", not a "Seller+Lifetime" ... I'm not sure but maybe that has something to do with only being able to set your listing to a BIN (Buy It Now) rather than an auction. I've never used auction listings, only Buy Now's, so I'm sure someone will be along shortly to help you out.

Best of luck to you on your new venture!

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by momscraftcupboard View Post
    Hi there. I am brand new to Ebid driven here by Ebays relentless fees. I read that the folks here were seller friendly and I need to talk to someone to get some help that is not covered in the help section. Is there a phone line to speak to a real person? I understand I can get my feedback & seller status moved over here from Ebay. I also ran into a glitch in my first listing that won't allow me to set an auction price only a set price & cant seem to get around it. Any help is greatly appreciated. Babz

Hi Babz
    Welcome to eBid and the Forum.
    On your listing form is the box below the BIN (Buy It Now) price ticked? If so, untick it and you should be able to list at an auction price.
    Tip: set your starting bid at a price you would be happy to accept for the item as there are not many bidding wars here ....
    I wish you every success

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

What Cheaver said, unticking the box below the fixed price option should allow you to list auction style, though as BIN listings are uploaded to Google shopping you may want to use both a BIN price and an auction price in your listings. Ditto Cheaver on the starting bid price, start as low as you'd be willing to accept as bidding wars are fairly uncommon except on YDC charity listings.

Not sure about phone help, but if you e mail support: support@ebid.net with questions they'll answer, support is staffed with real people who genuinely care about eBid's members. Or you can contine to ask here, we're all fairly civilized and don't bite too hard, unless we're hungry that is.

Oh and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

I went to take a look at your auctions, but could find any. It took a little time for me to get use to eBid's way of doing things. I suggest you down load eBid Ninja Lister. Start playing with it and it'll all roll into place. I see that your level is Seller. There are a number of restrictions that are at this level. One is that you can not use Buy it now another is a Thumbnail image in search and so on. Here's a link to the differences that each level is given http://us.ebid.net/help_selling.php#1

The help section has text and videos that can get you on your way. I hope this helps

Good Luck
    Happy Selling
    Greg
    The Copper Locker

Thread Information