Sell on eBid
eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: just joined- any helpful hints in selling items/listing?

Forum Newbie
    Bolton, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    All-About tggraham
    View tggraham's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default just joined- any helpful hints in selling items/listing?

hi, i have just joined.
    i would be grateful for any tips/help in listing items.
    i understand people on e bid are very friendly and approachable which will be a refreshing change !

i had sold on another well know site for many years and just got fed up with their attitude to sellers< ie their customers>.

it seems to me that e bid is an easy site to use, and i managed to put up 20 listings last night without too much trouble .

it is just a little different , but i am getting the hang of it..

i am just a private seller, listing things we no longer use or need to hopefully generate a bit of extra cash towards the needs of a growing family
    thanks for any help best wishes Tony

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: just joined- any helpful hints in selling items/listing?

Welcome to eBid!!It is a friendly site, and you will get a lot of assistance if you ask. Support is the best of any I've ever seen, and we have some fun in the forums. If you participate here a bit, it might lead to sales, too, as we do like to see what people are offering!

Click the help button at the top right of any page, the look at eh left...you will see the fAQ's. Read them, esp the Listing and selling area, as it give tips and the do's and don'ts.

Astral's thread is very helpful, and people will be along to give hints! I'm off to snoop out your listings now!! Again, welcome!!
    http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...o-your-queries
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Welcome to eBid.

You have avoided the first pitfall by not listing as Run Until Sold.

As a seller+ you get 5 free stores, so I would set at least 1 up. When you do set up a store add the link to your signature as I have done, that way when you post in the forums it is easy to get to your listings.

I would also add international shipping, I have sold a few items of clothing overseas.

Be patient, you only have 20 listings at the moment and eBid is not yet as busy as eBay, but it is getting there so stick with it. I make my joining fee back every month.

I am sure that somebody else will be along with more advice.

Forum Newbie
    Bolton, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom
    All-About tggraham
    View tggraham's Listings
    Forum Posts

thank you - all good advice. i picked up the one about not listing run as sold from researching a little before moving over from the other place. i did not know about the stores so this is a great idea, and i will take on board the international shipping idea. many thanks again. it is nice to see people being helpful, as honestly it was awful on the other site- it felt like you were trying your absolute best, but all you were doing was paying over huge fees and working for them

All-About HerMajesty
    Forum Posts

The idea behind stores is this, IMHO. If a buyer clicks on the STORES tab above, and picks a Widget store to search, you have a chance of being found if your Widget store is there. If you just have your Widgets loose in the listings...........if the person searches via the stores, you won't be found at all. You would be found if they did a simple widget search in the main search bar........but you just never know how someone will do their search.

It's nice and neat......and you are covered for both kinds of searches that way!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Hi,
    I have just joined ebid, what a wonderful site.
    I have been reading this thread on tips on selling, i have listed 35 items so far, but i have listed in the "run till sold" section. Is it better to start a store first?
    I am selling hand cut stained glass for mosaic, handknitted scarfs that become a wrap, and any items i come across. I am a private seller.
    Can i run different items in a store or should i open different store? What is the benefit of the store over the "run till sold".
    I too have come from another site and i have seen and recieved so much positve information and i will stick with this. A big thank You for making this not only user friendly but an approachable site.

Quote Originally Posted by glass2528 View Post
    Hi,
    I have just joined ebid, what a wonderful site.
    I have been reading this thread on tips on selling, i have listed 35 items so far, but i have listed in the "run till sold" section. Is it better to start a store first?
    I am selling hand cut stained glass for mosaic, handknitted scarfs that become a wrap, and any items i come across. I am a private seller.
    Can i run different items in a store or should i open different store? What is the benefit of the store over the "run till sold".
    I too have come from another site and i have seen and recieved so much positve information and i will stick with this. A big thank You for making this not only user friendly but an approachable site.
    RUS is a listing type and nothing to do with stores. You are far better using 7-10 day listings with 10 auto reposts.

You can run different items in a store. I suppose it would depend how big you want to get, I have over 2600 items across a wide range of goods, it is therefore sensible to split them up into 5 stores as it would be frustrating for buyer looking for clothing having t plough through household items. If you intend adding more I would open appropriate stores for each category, if you aim to be keeping things small then one store using appropriate sub categories may be easier.

If you are adding a store or stores then set them up first with the sub cats. Then edit listings and add to appropriate store and sub cat. While you are doing that in Section Two at the bottom you can alter from RUS. Where it says Close Listing select After and put in the number of days. Then to the right of that select 10 Auto reposts.

You might also want to look at the help files for Google Shopping. Most sales come via Google and you need to make sure you are using this valuable tool to its optimum.

All-About HerMajesty
    Forum Posts

Welcome, Glass..........first I would change the name of the photo on your About Me page...........since this IS eBid!

Personally, I'd think it would be easier to open a store first, then just indicate what store you want the item in as you list it. You can do the store however you wish. I have one store that is rather specialized, and my other store is a 'general' store.........with odds and ends. Read the post above your post, for the benefits of a store. The Run Until Sold has nothing to do with a store.........it indicates how long your auction will run. It can be inside a store or not. Items with RUS do not ever come to the top of the listings, so may not get seen, depending on how many other sellers have similar items.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Hi, Thank You, i will do this as it makes sense, especially the rus as ths explains the slow views. I am so pleased to get this assistance.
    Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Welcome, Glass..........first I would change the name of the photo on your About Me page...........since this IS eBid!

Personally, I'd think it would be easier to open a store first, then just indicate what store you want the item in as you list it. You can do the store however you wish. I have one store that is rather specialized, and my other store is a 'general' store.........with odds and ends. Read the post above your post, for the benefits of a store. The Run Until Sold has nothing to do with a store.........it indicates how long your auction will run. It can be inside a store or not. Items with RUS do not ever come to the top of the listings, so may not get seen, depending on how many other sellers have similar items.

Thread Information