eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Ebid App

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11873)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Ebid App

I sell wherever and use whatever tool/means/method is at hand that I can manage - eBid has many advantages but it is not the only one for me - an ebid app would better draw more buyers than sellers in my opinion

I was thinking about this last night and am not sure if listing the same items on multi sites is a help or a hinder.
    Yeah it is good that you a can maximse your key words for the listings and will expose your items more but if you are looking to get your items sold on ebid i don't think it is a good idea. My reasoning for this is that even if you offer the item with a lower price than the other outlet it still may be passed over for a better known site.
    Doing a completely non scientific straw poll of my office (18 People) 14 out of 18 people would never buy from an auction site other than the usual top 2 if the item is available there even if the price is cheaper at a less well known auction site.
    The other 4 had no opinion with one saying what an auction site is

I then asked if the item they wanted was not available on the big sites would they buy if from another auction site 5 said yes they would no problem 3 said only if they could use paypal the other 6 from the original 14 said more or less the same thing which was they would be wary of a less well know site but if the seller had took time over listings had full t and c's made the items look attractive and professional they would be tempted to buy and if the sale was smooth and the items good then they would use again.
    I think we are getting to a point where most people that buy and sell online are quite savvy but a little lazy and aim to use the big 2 sites then filter down.
    IMHO in a perfect world people who use ebid should only use ebid make your item exclusively only available on bid if the items were listed professionally and correctly people would come and buy?
    In the last 6 months i have been forced of feebay for many reasons but my sales have increased so by removing one of my selling platforms my sales have gone up.
    Another thing that would be great is if we could make ebid the place to come for x item. With all the sellers of that x item only selling on ebid.
    When feebay started it was THE place on the net for beaney babies sellers and collectors everyone knew that was the place to go why can't ebid or its community target a said item or items and approach sellers and buyer to do all there trading only here?
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

Quote Originally Posted by hush77hush View Post

IMHO in a perfect world people who use ebid should only use ebid make your item exclusively only available on bid if the items were listed professionally and correctly people would come and buy?
    Welcome to my world......

I am one of the few who only list here on Ebid and nowhere else - I know and understand why the majority may disagree with that policy.

View Juliebabe25's Feedback (+39)
    All-About Juliebabe25
    View Juliebabe25's Listings
    Forum Posts

Another thing that would be great is if we could make ebid the place to come for x item. With all the sellers of that x item only selling on ebid.
    When feebay started it was THE place on the net for beaney babies sellers and collectors everyone knew that was the place to go why can't ebid or its community target a said item or items and approach sellers and buyer to do all there trading only here?
    That is how etsy got so big. it picked a niche and promoted it in printed magazines.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

I was thinking about this last night and am not sure if listing the same items on multi sites is a help or a hinder.
    Yeah it is good that you a can maximse your key words for the listings and will expose your items more but if you are looking to get your items sold on ebid i don't think it is a good idea. My reasoning for this is that even if you offer the item with a lower price than the other outlet it still may be passed over for a better known site.
    Doing a completely non scientific straw poll of my office (18 People) 14 out of 18 people would never buy from an auction site other than the usual top 2 if the item is available there even if the price is cheaper at a less well known auction site.

I then asked if the item they wanted was not available on the big sites would they buy if from another auction site 5 said yes they would no problem 3 said only if they could use paypal the other 6 from the original 14 said more or less the same thing which was they would be wary of a less well know site but if the seller had took time over listings had full t and c's made the items look attractive and professional they would be tempted to buy and if the sale was smooth and the items good then they would use again.
    I think we are getting to a point where most people that buy and sell online are quite savvy but a little lazy and aim to use the big 2 sites then filter down.
    In the last 6 months i have been forced of feebay for many reasons but my sales have increased so by removing one of my selling platforms my sales have gone up.
    I fully see the point that you're making here and if your only priority is to serve Ebid then such a policy of listing on here only is the right one. But its easy to overlook what is it that has motivated you to decide to sell in the first place?
    Is your priority to actually sell your items or to assist in the development of this site? I you sell very little over here then you will have no option other than to look at selling elsewhere.
    Lets imagine that if by way of a miracle Ebid suddenly gained massive popularity and we could all mange enormous sales....do you think Ebid that would treat all of the early sellers who supported them during the quiet years and helped to build their site?....i'm not sure that they would actually remember who their real friends are.

While i support selling with other sites as well as Ebid....you'll be interested to learn that at the moment i only have around 5 active listings on Ebay. The reason is that for the time being i'm more interested in developing sales here than over there, and currently am in no rush to sell the many items that i have to list. But due to me still maintaining my Ebay selling account if i need to i can sell everything over there.

I have focused more attention on selling items that Ebay do not regularly show and often show as overpriced.

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Lets not forget that some sellers sell to make a living, so for them selling on multiple sites maybe a must.
    Some sellers will have multiple items so have the stock to spread around various sites. If a seller as only one item they could encounter problem if listing on multiple sites, otherwise sales are sales wherever they can be found.

Newbie sellers here have to get established so listing on another site while they get established is a must for some.

I do not sell to make a living so can afford to sell on one site only & not worry about sales being forthcoming or not..
    Then again I would not recommend that any ebay seller relies on selling on ebay only as many sellers have seen a downturn in sales there..
    Better sellers sell on ebid as well as ebay rather than not sell on ebid at all. Even the part timers will help this site grow.
    The part timers can also advertise this site when selling elsewhere thus bringing new buyers to ebid.

Quote Originally Posted by tkauctionworldwide View Post
    Lets not forget that some sellers sell to make a living, so for them selling on multiple sites maybe a must.
    Some sellers will have multiple items so have the stock to spread around various sites. If a seller as only one item they could encounter problem if listing on multiple sites, otherwise sales are sales wherever they can be found.

Newbie sellers here have to get established so listing on another site while they get established is a must for some.

I do not sell to make a living so can afford to sell on one site only & not worry about sales being forthcoming or not..
    Then again I would not recommend that any ebay seller relies on selling on ebay only as many sellers have seen a downturn in sales there..
    Better sellers sell on ebid as well as ebay rather than not sell on ebid at all. Even the part timers will help this site grow.
    The part timers can also advertise this site when selling elsewhere thus bringing new buyers to ebid.
    I am still not sure of this but can see your point if you at THIS moment in time was look to make living for auction sites then needs must but why can't it be an aim for the future?

Quote Originally Posted by cerealmunkee View Post
    I fully see the point that you're making here and if your only priority is to serve Ebid then such a policy of listing on here only is the right one. But its easy to overlook what is it that has motivated you to decide to sell in the first place?
    Is your priority to actually sell your items or to assist in the development of this site? I you sell very little over here then you will have no option other than to look at selling elsewhere.
    Lets imagine that if by way of a miracle Ebid suddenly gained massive popularity and we could all mange enormous sales....do you think Ebid that would treat all of the early sellers who supported them during the quiet years and helped to build their site?....i'm not sure that they would actually remember who their real friends are.

While i support selling with other sites as well as Ebid....you'll be interested to learn that at the moment i only have around 5 active listings on Ebay. The reason is that for the time being i'm more interested in developing sales here than over there, and currently am in no rush to sell the many items that i have to list. But due to me still maintaining my Ebay selling account if i need to i can sell everything over there.

I have focused more attention on selling items that Ebay do not regularly show and often show as overpriced.
    I don't think that i am here just to serve ebid.
    I am here just the same as everyone else to list and sell items and post of the forums. What motivated me to sell here in the first place was i could have a store like i used to be able to afford on the bay.
    My aim is to use the site and it functions to the best of my ability to sell my product again same as everyone else if I have any ideas about development then i am sure someone in a higher pay grade then me has already thought of them.The only thing i would like to see as a development is everyone moving in the same direct to make more sales not for the site but more for them selves. Oh and also to cut the negativity of the post we have talked about on other threads
    The thing is a bit catch 22 until people try and push this site forward in a kind of community way just like the bay of old then it will only develop slowly some people have to take the plunge and try it. to see what happens. list only here and see what happens it may be good it may be the worst idea ever but at least give it a go.
    As for ebid forgetting the small guy I am in no doubt that at some point they will as all large companies do.

I only list on eBid, and hope to make it as a full time income in the not too distant future. If I was to do so on eBay there would be the constant worry that a few bad feedbacks or DSR's or a change in policy could undo all my hard work. On eBid there is less chance of that happening. I also think that I am more likely to grow sales on eBid as opposed to constantly battling to keep at the same level on eBay. The work that I do does benefit eBid, but if eBid thrives then I will be along for the ride.

While I fully understand those who list on eBay and eBid, the sooner we can get everybody to ditch them and move to here fully then the sooner eBid can get to the position where it becomes viable for full time sellers.

Forum Diehard
    Sutton Coldfield, West Midlands, United Kingdom
    View cerealmunkee's Feedback (+1334)
    All-About cerealmunkee
    View cerealmunkee's Listings
    Forum Posts

My view is that as an Ebid seller , especially one who would like to see the site grab more action, then i see Ebay as an assistant in allowing this to happen. Lets not overlook the fact that there are many buyers over there who are used to dealing with such a selling platform, and by and large they are a receptive audience.

Thread Information