eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: sellers choice

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: sellers choice

Quote Originally Posted by Juliebabe25 View Post
    If its not confusing why do we get so many thread asking how it works.
    And don't forget that most people don't bother to ask in the forums!
    If they cant work it out they give up.

Here's how to improve it

Drop the lifetime fee (which puts lots of small sellers off) and increase the fvf to compensate.
    The lifetime fee also "forces" people to join as a buyer or seller and only list a few items as a "trial" to see how ebid goes,,therefore they don't use gallery pics and use RUS, then they wonder why the don't sell anything and they leave ebid.

A small seller has to sell quite a few items to recoup the lifetime fee.
    (a big seller need the APi)

You could leave the fvf the same for people who are already lifetime members.

A simple one membership option with one fvf figure would be much easier for people to understand as well.
    Just have a basic $5.00 registration fee to cover initial costs.
    Julie there will always be people who do not understand how a payment system works, IMO that happens on all sites. Some may ask just to be sure they have understood the system correctly.

I disagree that lifetime membership should be dropped.
    Ebid deducts whatever previous payments have been made to be deducted from the cost of a upgrade to lifetime membership. The sellers would lose any listing & relist fees paid on the other larger site.

It might help if the gallery fee for at least one photo was free for all sellers

I think personally, there needs to be a way to stop people joining for a week and uploading a bulk amount of listings....setting them as RUS and leaving....too many buyers seem to fall victim of sellers who are no longer here.....maybe RUS should be for members who either have a set amount of good feedback from ebid....or they have to apply to admin for the right to use it.
    It seems to me the RUS is being abused and puts buyers off...we need active sellers here...not hit and run sellers.
    Also why is upgrade by paypal limited to lifetime?...should be available on all options as like it or not...most people use Paypal and feel more comfortable using it rather than credit or debit card... especially if new to site and unsure about it.
    Dean

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DandC_Warehouse View Post
    Also why is upgrade by paypal limited to lifetime?
    I may be wrong, but I have always understood that it is down to the way PayPal works. Anything but Seller+ Lifetime is a recurring payment, and PayPal does not allow eBid to debit a user's account in that way.

Forum Lurker tkauctionworldwide's Avatar
    Rhondda Cynon Taf S. Wales, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    View tkauctionworldwide's Feedback (+2593)
    All-About tkauctionworldwide
    View tkauctionworldwide's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by DandC_Warehouse View Post
    I think personally, there needs to be a way to stop people joining for a week and uploading a bulk amount of listings....setting them as RUS and leaving....too many buyers seem to fall victim of sellers who are no longer here.....maybe RUS should be for members who either have a set amount of good feedback from ebid....or they have to apply to admin for the right to use it.
    It seems to me the RUS is being abused and puts buyers off...we need active sellers here...not hit and run sellers.
    Also why is upgrade by paypal limited to lifetime?...should be available on all options as like it or not...most people use Paypal and feel more comfortable using it rather than credit or debit card... especially if new to site and unsure about it.
    Dean
    I agree that RUS items have been a pain , but I though ebid had made some changes by making hit & run sellers log in more often??

Thread Information