eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Links from Facebook, better for eBid?!?

Forum Newbie
    Worcester, Worcestershire, United Kingdom
    View adoragifts's Feedback (+25)
    All-About adoragifts
    View adoragifts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Red face Links from Facebook, better for eBid?!?

Hi There,
    First i appologise if there is similar thread...
    I am new here and haven't had enought time yet to pay attention on all other post here...
    I just start creating my own web site- its still new and not popular... So i was wondering is it better to link pictures from my Facebook page than from my website as i am thinking (am new for all web marketing) will be better for eBid as Facebook is very popular site...
    Thanks

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Links from Facebook, better for eBid?!?

Hi and welcome aboard.
    I too have my own website but I host my images (99%) on www.photobucket.com.
    I do this because it saves me using space and bandwidth from my own website and photobucket is free to use.
    I too am on facebook but I would not risk linking images from there to eBid.

Quote Originally Posted by adoragifts View Post
    Hi There,
    First i appologise if there is similar thread...
    I am new here and haven't had enought time yet to pay attention on all other post here...
    I just start creating my own web site- its still new and not popular... So i was wondering is it better to link pictures from my Facebook page than from my website as i am thinking (am new for all web marketing) will be better for eBid as Facebook is very popular site...
    Thanks

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

If you're on Facebook I believe you can click on the Facebook icon in individual listings to add your eBid listings to your Facebook page. I don't use Facebook, but I do use Twitter and tweet my listings (using the Twitter icon in the individual listings) fairly often.

Oh and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think OP meant linking their FB or website images to eBid auction listings. I could be wrong (got a whammy of a headache) so I may have misunderstood the question.

Quote Originally Posted by suesjools View Post
    If you're on Facebook I believe you can click on the Facebook icon in individual listings to add your eBid listings to your Facebook page. I don't use Facebook, but I do use Twitter and tweet my listings (using the Twitter icon in the individual listings) fairly often.

Oh and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Newbie
    View adoragifts's Feedback (+25)
    All-About adoragifts
    View adoragifts's Listings
    Forum Posts

thanks for you replays...

yes jeweleffects, i was asking about linking images from facebook to eBid... I am still newbie in the website design area, but as far as i know good links back to your website or your listings are very good for SEO and marketing... So i was wondering If i link pictures from Facebook to eBid will be better than to link pictures from my site to eBid - as my site is not popular yet...
    For us is better eBid to get more and more popularity as we all trying to sell our things here.... I used to try to sell stuff in another very big action site, but they support mainly the Big sellers....
    I am making now my first steps and i really need support. I am feeling that eBid gives opportunity to everyone, so I am trying to help eBid to get more popular- will be much better for me and for everyone here too...

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by adoragifts View Post
    thanks for you replays...

yes jeweleffects, i was asking about linking images from facebook to eBid... I am still newbie in the website design area, but as far as i know good links back to your website or your listings are very good for SEO and marketing... So i was wondering If i link pictures from Facebook to eBid will be better than to link pictures from my site to eBid - as my site is not popular yet...
    For us is better eBid to get more and more popularity as we all trying to sell our things here.... I used to try to sell stuff in another very big action site, but they support mainly the Big sellers....
    I am making now my first steps and i really need support. I am feeling that eBid gives opportunity to everyone, so I am trying to help eBid to get more popular- will be much better for me and for everyone here too...
    I like your attitude, very positive and uplifting - I hope you do well here

As for the images, You should link back to them from wherever you feel most comfortable with.

View 3red123's Feedback (+83)
    All-About 3red123
    View 3red123's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jeweleffects View Post

I too am on facebook but I would not risk linking images from there to eBid.
    Hi Jeweleffects

can I ask what you mean by this - what is the risk?

I have started loading photos on my page on Facebook, and put a description and an ebid link in the description itself: see https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Are you saying that there is a problem with doing this? (I am setting up my website as well, but I'm happy to keep sending people to my ebid store as well.)
    Angie

My eBid stores:

Books Books Books
    http://books-books-books.ebid.net/

Beautiful and unique jewellery from around the world:
    http://incredible-zen-jewellery.ebid.net/

All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

What I mean is:
    I would not use FB as an image storage facility and link the images back to eBid on my auction listing descriptions. I much prefer to use photobucket as my image storage facility.

Creating a FB page and using it as a selling point is a different matter.

It's just the FB image linking back to an auction listing description on eBid that I feel is not too safe - I much prefer to use photobucket. (JMHO)

Quote Originally Posted by 3red123 View Post
    Hi Jeweleffects

can I ask what you mean by this - what is the risk?

I have started loading photos on my page on Facebook, and put a description and an ebid link in the description itself: see https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

Are you saying that there is a problem with doing this? (I am setting up my website as well, but I'm happy to keep sending people to my ebid store as well.)

Forum Newbie
    All-About dianerush50
    View dianerush50's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hello. That is my objective as well-to promote eBid on becoming more popular. I currently am interested in at least showing an eBid logo on my Facebook page to create awareness but I don't even know how to post the logo onton my Facebook page. Help? Thank you.

View 3red123's Feedback (+83)
    All-About 3red123
    View 3red123's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by dianerush50 View Post
    Hello. That is my objective as well-to promote eBid on becoming more popular. I currently am interested in at least showing an eBid logo on my Facebook page to create awareness but I don't even know how to post the logo onton my Facebook page. Help? Thank you.
    Diane

if you go to this thread on the forum http://www.ebid.net/forums/forumdisp...ur-eBid-Stores there are downloadable logos. Download the one you want, then upload it to Facebook as a photo. You can write a caption for the photo with a link to your store, or to ebid in general.
    Angie

My eBid stores:

Books Books Books
    http://books-books-books.ebid.net/

Beautiful and unique jewellery from around the world:
    http://incredible-zen-jewellery.ebid.net/

Thread Information