Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: more store subcatagories

Default more store subcatagories

I am in the process of setting up my ebid stores, However i have encountered an issue.

I see you can only have 15 subcatagories.... one of my parent catagories needs 50, as there will be over 2000 products in it ( 5000 products in the actual store...and too many to have in 15 subcatagories..
    with ebay you can have as many subcatagories as u want but a limit to parent catagories...can we please have the same here?

as no matter what way i try to set them out there wont be enough.

regards
    Dean

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: more store subcatagories

You have to be Seller+ to have stores, I believe. You can then have 5 stores.................so maybe you could subdivide your items a bit that way, too.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Quote Originally Posted by thegamerswarehouse View Post
    ...can we please have the same here?
    I can't help with your question, but I will say that it is nice to see a polite request instead of the usual demands or orders we normally see from newbies.

I hope we can get more subcatagories, as will be alot easier and it wont make much difference to the majority of users.
    regards
    Dean

Quote Originally Posted by thegamerswarehouse View Post
    I hope we can get more subcatagories, as will be alot easier and it wont make much difference to the majority of users.
    regards
    Dean
    Why don't you give us an idea of the type of subcategories you had in mind and perhaps we can help you come up with a quick fix idea.

Or you could set up a different store for the accessories and consoles and one just for games.

its not for my games store, its a tools and supplies store, the auto care catagory has 50 sub catagories alone lol...its ok...think i have worked something out. thanks for your help peeps

will have 4 stores in total selling different products, so hope it all goes well.

Forum Newbie
    All-About PastyDuchy
    View PastyDuchy's Listings
    Forum Posts

Could you please have subcategories for music genres eg RnB Reggae Pop Rock etc, the site is impossible to browse (fine for searching for a specific title). I've been a member for exactly a year today and have never made a purchase because the site is so user unfriendly - sorry if this hurts any feelings but I spend loads on ebay and for all its faults it has some good ideas on searching this site is really frustrating by comparison

Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom
    View bluebedouin's Feedback (+107)
    All-About bluebedouin
    View bluebedouin's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by PastyDuchy View Post
    ... the site is impossible to browse ....
    It's not impossible,you just need to look harder.
    Click the buy tab at the top,Click the plus sign by the side of Music & CD.Click whichever type you want (CDs Tapes Vinyl )The subcategories are then down the left hand side.

I have to agree with many of the comments above. 15 sub-categories is very limiting for one of my store ( I sell seashells and sea urchins). Most seashell collectors will look to shop by Family groupings to save tedious searching. 15 sub-categories is very limiting. Most Seashell Auction sites allow about 40 sub-categories. I t would be nice if our limit could be raised on this.....Gary

Thread Information