eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Postcards ... Are there any that you are searching for? I'm looking for ...

Default Postcards ... Are there any that you are searching for? I'm looking for ...

Here are some examples of cards that I've been browsing for and may consider buying if I find the right card for the right price.

Kenora, Ontario. Scenes from the early 1900s. CPR depot. Jubilee Hospital. Street Scenes.

I also collect Medicine Hat, but probably have most that I want now. I also have a collection of early farm scenes, as the ancestors were homesteaders / farmers and that is a big part of the family history story. Might consider purchasing more of those.

Looking for some from England. Cheshire / Lancashire / Wirral

Davenham, Cheshire and towns nearby. Winsford. Rudheath. Early 1900s. (Not the parish church in Davenham. as I have photos of it.)

Warrington Cheshire / Lancashire. Early 1900. Hamilton School.

Birkenhead and some of the towns nearby. Early 1900.

Names that I am searching in England. Rathbone, Shaw (Davenham / Rudheath Cheshire branch)

Hastings, Howard, Adams, Auckland, Peers (from Birkenhead and area)

Also looking for descendants of my grand-aunts - married names Kelly, Boyd, Sadler, Greaves, Youde. (from Birkenhead and area)

As I said in another thread, it would be an absolute treasure to find a card sent or received by an ancestor.

Are there any postcards or paper collectables that you are searching for?

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Postcards ... Are there any that you are searching for? I'm looking for ...

I collect some small towns in SD and CO, and a few in KS and IL. I search also for Trellech (Trelleck, Trellek, Trelig, Trelick..etc.....there were lots of spellings), and some other villages near us in the UK. I do keep an eye out for genealogy related ones, but that's tricky as many sellers don't list the to or from info.
    Last edited by HerMajesty; 18th January 2013 at 04:00 PM.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Default Re: Postcards ... Are there any that you are searching for? I'm looking for ...

Yes, keywords, keywords ...

in the titles and descriptions. lol

(I'm doing a little Dean echo.)

I agree with you HM.

Forum Lurker
    View abyorkie's Feedback (+1404)
    All-About abyorkie
    View abyorkie's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am currently looking for a disney postcard of one of the 7 dwarfs- grumpy.
    I have 2 of them but they are slightly damaged.
    These are the Valentine Snow white and seven dwarf cards with a blue sky and green ground.
    I have searched a few places with no luck.

Cheers Alan
    Please have a look at my shops, you may find something you like!!
    http://abyorkies-old-manuscripts-ancestry.ebid.net
    http://archibald-thorburns-birds-prints.ebid.net
    http://abyorkies-stamps-cigarette-cards.ebid.net
    http://antique-prints.ebid.net
    http://collectables-and-everything-else.ebid.net

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Rollins Pass in Colorado....some unusual cards. I've seen some, but think SIL has those already.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

That's interesting, Alan. I think I have some Disney postcards around to list, but not any nice old Valentine ones ... too bad.

Hi all...I am working on getting my postcards loaded and seem to have several thousand at last glance. I am only 1/2 through scanning and cropping but thought I better start getting things uploaded. Maybe I will have some of the areas you are looking for. The problem is that I'm feeling quite overwhelmed with which way to load my postcards. Ninja lister seems confusing and the spreadsheet looks just plain scary...lol. If I have to individually load each and every postcard separately then I'm pretty sure we will all be very old and gray by the time I'm done. Any advise on best (and easiest) way to load? Much appreciated...Sandy

Sandy, I'm sorry that I can't help you will the uploading via Ninja etc. If no one responds to this thread to help you, I suggest that you start a thread on the Kitchen Table and ask the very helpful techie people how to use those animals.

Someone will get you sorted. I'm looking forward to seeing your new store.

:-)

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

I've just listed an old disney valentine card (that's issued by Valentine's, not for the 14th feb), but it is not the dwarfs

I have been asked to list a collection of cards from the 40s for a friend - interesting lot and absolutely genuine.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

View 20sent06's Feedback (+11857)
    All-About 20sent06
    View 20sent06's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Here are some examples of cards that I've been browsing for and may consider buying if I find the right card for the right price.

Kenora, Ontario. Scenes from the early 1900s. CPR depot. Jubilee Hospital. Street Scenes.

I also collect Medicine Hat, but probably have most that I want now. I also have a collection of early farm scenes, as the ancestors were homesteaders / farmers and that is a big part of the family history story. Might consider purchasing more of those.

Looking for some from England. Cheshire / Lancashire / Wirral

Davenham, Cheshire and towns nearby. Winsford. Rudheath. Early 1900s. (Not the parish church in Davenham. as I have photos of it.)

Warrington Cheshire / Lancashire. Early 1900. Hamilton School.

Birkenhead and some of the towns nearby. Early 1900.

Names that I am searching in England. Rathbone, Shaw (Davenham / Rudheath Cheshire branch)

Hastings, Howard, Adams, Auckland, Peers (from Birkenhead and area)

Also looking for descendants of my grand-aunts - married names Kelly, Boyd, Sadler, Greaves, Youde. (from Birkenhead and area)

As I said in another thread, it would be an absolute treasure to find a card sent or received by an ancestor.

Are there any postcards or paper collectables that you are searching for?
    A big list!

Well - I have a store dealing with Church Postcards solely from all over the UK - anything take your fancy, I wonder?
    I am also going to specialize in London, Essex and Suffolk postcards on here...
    oh! - and a few Stamps Modern Postcards etc etc.

Please take a look :-)

Thread Information