My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: I'm new to ebid please help me

Default I'm new to ebid please help me

Hi ebid user , please help me I had a few help from other member, I know it not ebid but it me, I have reduce the price, I have not copy past on my site, I have written all product description myself, promote on Facebook , I get viewer but still no buyer. Can u please look at my store and help me pin point what I should do to get sell, I believe In ebid. Is there much Australia buyer or mainly from uk, I want to promote so more Austrlia join please help me

http://homebeauty-electronic.ebid.net/

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: I'm new to ebid please help me

You have over 170 items listed - but only 23 of them are visible to me in the UK - the rest you are not shipping overseas.
    You need help with the English in some of your descriptions as there are areas which do not make sense.
    To start bids at a very low amount of money - but to state very high postage, is not a good strategy in my opinion. It would put me off buying from you. As a buyer I would expect to pay a reasonable amount for an item and an acceptable, fair amount for postage.
    Read other threads on here in Forum regarding keywords and titles!

Good Luck!

What cheaver says.

As for most buyers being from the UK, that is probably true as the site was started in the UK and is UK based. But I have sold to Australia and we see a few others from there on the forums. The thing is that the main selling medium is via Google, which makes the buyers worldwide.

At the moment sales will be a little lower, mine are running at less than 50% over the last week or more. But be patient, once the hangover from the recent holiday period has passed things will get back to normal. What you need to do in the meantime is implement the advice given so that you are ready for when things do pick up in the New Year.

Thank you everyone , I will fix what u have told me and please updated me more if u have something in mind

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Khmerchan778899 View Post
    Thank you everyone , I will fix what u have told me and please updated me more if u have something in mind
    I would suggest you have a serious re-think about some of your prices. eg Eye Massager - your price £32 - I googled them and I can buy elsewhere for between £1 and £5.
    Sleeping Sound - your price £17+ ..... I can buy elsewhere online for £14.09

Give thought to supply and demand when you price! You need to come across as a fair, honest Seller and hold on to a good image and reputation.... and also bear in mind the economics of supply and demand! If you don't do these things then you will be chasing the elusive success dream for a long time.

edited to add:

Items should be researched before listing - and then competitively priced accordingly if you want to grab a corner of the market.
    Last edited by cheaver; 31st December 2012 at 08:53 PM.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post
    I would suggest you have a serious re-think about some of your prices. eg Eye Massager - your price £32 - I googled them and I can buy elsewhere for between £1 and £5.
    Sleeping Sound - your price £17+ ..... I can buy elsewhere online for £14.09

Give thought to supply and demand when you price! You need to come across as a fair, honest Seller and hold on to a good image and reputation.... and also bear in mind the economics of supply and demand! If you don't do these things then you will be chasing the elusive success dream for a long time.
    What Cheaver said. Offering international shipping is good whenever possible as it increases your potential customer base; (many potential customers are in the UK and the U.S., if you don't offer shipping to these countries IMHO you're missing out on potential sales).

Adding a BIN price as well as auction prices (if you haven't already done so) allows your items to be uploaded to Google shopping. Make sure you start your auction llstings at the lowest prices you'd be willing to accept for items as there aren't a lot of bidding wars at present, with the exception of YDC charity auctions.

Oh and welcome to eBid.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Thread Information