My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Notification of Competing Ads Found on the Ebid Site

Default Notification of Competing Ads Found on the Ebid Site

We've all seen the ~bay ads on here, and there are other ads as well. So, maybe a way to promote ebid is to help eliminate competing ads by providing ebid with the associated url (visible in the ad space). They can choose to block the ad url via their Adsense account. I think it's a problem that must be addressed since it undermines all of our reasons for being here.

Simply posting the url in this forum might be a good way to manage this? A nice submission form accessible via the "My eBid" interface would be better since it's always visible while on the site. Having the submitted data connected to a database would eliminate the burden of checking for duplicates. Sending an email is too cumbersome, people will rarely take the time.

I guess a post could be deleted once the url is blocked (to keep the thread size under control).

Also, I've set my ad blocking to be OFF for the ebid.net domain so I can actually see the ads.

Let's work together to help eliminate the competition and improve the site.

Default Re: Notification of Competing Ads Found on the Ebid Site

ibid2save DOT com
    Last edited by ebidder2012; 3rd December 2012 at 01:35 AM.

nomorerack DOT com

View gazza's Feedback (+2)
    All-About gazza
    View gazza's Listings
    Forum Posts

Thx.
    eBid.net
    Free to Bid | Free to List | Free to Enjoy
    GBP and USD Affiliate Program Re-Launched .. Promote eBid and earn
    Got a problem? Record it for us using http://screencast-o-matic.com/

bargainroom DOT com

Quote Originally Posted by ebidder2012 View Post
    We've all seen the ~bay ads on here, and there are other ads as well. So, maybe a way to promote ebid is to help eliminate competing ads by providing ebid with the associated url (visible in the ad space). They can choose to block the ad url via their Adsense account. I think it's a problem that must be addressed since it undermines all of our reasons for being here.

Simply posting the url in this forum might be a good way to manage this? A nice submission form accessible via the "My eBid" interface would be better since it's always visible while on the site. Having the submitted data connected to a database would eliminate the burden of checking for duplicates. Sending an email is too cumbersome, people will rarely take the time.

I guess a post could be deleted once the url is blocked (to keep the thread size under control).

Also, I've set my ad blocking to be OFF for the ebid.net domain so I can actually see the ads.

Let's work together to help eliminate the competition and improve the site.
    I think you make a really good point. Keep in mind at the end of the day ebid is a business and if something isn't making their cash register ring then its prohibited. Looking to see if I can promote my face book page. Its non commercial well sort of on second thought maybe i wont because it does host my ebay store front

Thread Information