eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Newbie on ebid

Forum Newbie
    All-About killerprices
    View killerprices's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Newbie on ebid

Hello all
    just started on here have put a few items up for sale any practical criticism welcome.
    Last edited by killerprices; 21st November 2012 at 07:54 PM. Reason: mispelling

Harrogate, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
    View gbsbks2010's Feedback (+1963)
    All-About gbsbks2010
    View gbsbks2010's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Newbie on ebid

Hi welcome to eBid

It will be well worth your while to add gallery pictures to your auctions

Forum Newbie
    All-About killerprices
    View killerprices's Listings
    Forum Posts

thanks for the advice how do i do that?

To use a gallery picture you either need to be a Seller+, which is well worth the £49.99 if you intend staying and selling on eBid, or alternatively you need to use a Platignum listing which costs 5p.

Looking at your listings there are a couple of things:

most sales come through Google so you need to use appropriate keywords. There are 81 characters available in the tile so make the most of that. For your listings I would certainly use CD in the title. For the title many people regard all capitals as shouting, I would use capitals on the first letter of each word.

A CD will post as a large letter, the cost of which is under £1, so your postage seems high. People will look at the total cost so you need to keep this where you cover costs and make a profit, but not too high so that you do not sell, so be fair on postage. On postage I would also offer a 2nd class option and overseas.

The Gallery picture is a good idea, if you use the Platignum listing you will get this and will also get your listings uploaded to Google shopping which will get your listings additional exposure.

Good to see that your listings are not Run Until Sold, most sellers recommend 7-10 day listings with 10 auto reposts.

Your listings with a start price of 10p should attract buyers, but do not expect bidding wars, be prepared to get only one bid at that price. This could be a good way of building feedback though, and as these items were free in the nespapers it could be a good way to get started.

The more you can list the better, people will frequently get to your items after finding one listing, browse and purchase another, so the more you have the more chance of them finding you.

Finally, be patient, sales can be made on eBid, you are going about it the right way by asking for advice. Hope you get sales quickly and enjoy yourself on here, it is a friendly and fun place to sell and buy.

Thread Information