Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Promoting the site

Forum Newbie
    View ladyanunu01's Feedback (+13)
    All-About ladyanunu01
    View ladyanunu01's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Promoting the site

Is EBID a private members club, I dont understand why there are no adverts for ebid any where- not in train stations, bus stops buses etc, searches dont show ebid items on google, this is a British thing - "word of mouth", shout loud about ebid, there are so many who want to start here but are not sure of sales, for you loyalists who have been around all these years thanks, but ebid now need to sell itself, it has the potential to do over take the giants but it has do "simple Simple cheap advert" (instead of t-shirts when people join, sent them flyers to promote the site) so that people know about it. I talk to friends about ebids and they have never heard of it,
    For some of you here, you will remember QXL the UK, Ebay alternative, this same thing of not taking the message to the people, while Ebay have taking over the planet, QXL is yesterday.
    Last edited by LadyMaggie; 20th November 2012 at 12:47 AM.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Promoting the site

Quote Originally Posted by LadyMaggie View Post
    Is EBID a private members club, I dont understand why there are no adverts for ebid any where- not in train stations, bus stops buses etc, searches dont show ebid items on google, this is a British thing - "word of mouth", shout loud about ebid, there are so many who want to start here but are not sure of sales, for you loyalists who have been around all these years thanks, but ebid now need to sell itself, it has the potential to do over take the giants but it has do "simple Simple cheap advert" (instead of t-shirts when people join, sent them flyers to promote the site) so that people know about it. I talk to friends about ebids and they have never heard of it,
    For some of you here, you will remember QXL the UK, Ebay alternative, this same thing of not taking the message to the people, while Ebay have taking over the planet, QXL is yesterday.
    i just found this item of yours on googleproducts

1. £4.99
      £7.29 with shipping
      eBid - Ladymaggie

Smart blonde total blonde high-lift hair lightener kit

smart blonde total blonde high lift hair lightener overview perfect for all over or partial permanent blonding easy to use suitable for all hair ...

although there surgested search was "totally " so one of your key words was spelt wrong

so although i found your item on google because i used your exact title which proves your items are uploaded no one else will find the item unless they use the wrong key word !
    2. thats what it looks like to me,
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Bristows Silver Conditioner - 200ml

this is another one of yours shows on google in no1 spot as 1 of 6 in a compare add you might want to check that one out !
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

And this one is on Google.co.uk

Name:  ginger.jpg
Views: 130
Size:  58.5 KB

Ok so not the cheapest - but on an individual item the other companies postage cost would probably be high.........

But - you have no shop and there is nothing about your service whatsoever in either the description or your 'all about me'. So you have great google exposure via eBid - but then it all falls apart. As a seller presumably you have done these test searches and can clearly see how everything appears to a buyer - if not then why not?

With your items 'run until sold' your products are stuck behind everything else on the site so that wipes out a lot exposure on-site - keep using 'buy it now' but get the items on a recurring 10 day listing.

To answer the question, eBid is not a private members club. It is growing (faster than eBay) and sales are improving all the time. But if you want to take advantage of those sales you have to make the most of what eBid has to offer.

First and foremost is Google. As a Seller+ your items are uploaded to Google Shopping, but you need to make sure you use the appropriate keywords and check spellings.

As has also been said Run Until Sold (RUS) will leave your items at the bottom of the eBid listings. My wife was searching for hair products last week and it is unlikely that she would have seen yours. Use 7-10 day listings and your items will instantly be higher and will then rise to the top of the listings.

As a Seller+ you can have up 5 stores for free, so use at least one of these. It will make you look more professional and present your items better. When you have a store add the link to your signature so that when you post in the forums people can get to your items easily, I have sold 3 items to forum regulars this month.

Use the Plug your Auctions, let people know what you have.

Unless fees rise to something similar to eBay advertising is not feasible, so keep on doing what you can, for a free plug keep a look out for Graphskills on the forum, he has a website that will give you free publicity, my stores have been featured stores twice now.

Dean, Sid, myself and everybody else would like to see you succeed on eBid. If you make these changes you will greatly improve your chances, and if everybody in a similar situation did likewise then many more buyers would see eBid items and become aware of the site.

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by kreativebargains View Post
    To answer the question, eBid is not a private members club. It is growing (faster than eBay) and sales are improving all the time. But if you want to take advantage of those sales you have to make the most of what eBid has to offer.

First and foremost is Google. As a Seller+ your items are uploaded to Google Shopping, but you need to make sure you use the appropriate keywords and check spellings.

As has also been said Run Until Sold (RUS) will leave your items at the bottom of the eBid listings. My wife was searching for hair products last week and it is unlikely that she would have seen yours. Use 7-10 day listings and your items will instantly be higher and will then rise to the top of the listings.

As a Seller+ you can have up 5 stores for free, so use at least one of these. It will make you look more professional and present your items better. When you have a store add the link to your signature so that when you post in the forums people can get to your items easily, I have sold 3 items to forum regulars this month.

Use the Plug your Auctions, let people know what you have.

Unless fees rise to something similar to eBay advertising is not feasible, so keep on doing what you can, for a free plug keep a look out for Graphskills on the forum, he has a website that will give you free publicity, my stores have been featured stores twice now.

Dean, Sid, myself and everybody else would like to see you succeed on eBid. If you make these changes you will greatly improve your chances, and if everybody in a similar situation did likewise then many more buyers would see eBid items and become aware of the site.
    All excellent advice. Many members also use Twitter and Facebook to promote their items.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Some people only do searches on eBid through the stores page..........so if you don't have a store those people won't find you. Good luck!
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

ebid works for me i advertise loads on facebook and twitter and have had around 100 new ebid members join this site though my links on the sites and i have only been doing this over the last 6 months and ebid is growing all the time and get sells everyday so ebid does work or as i say ebid works for me

GREAT DEALS IN ALL MY STORES ON EBID

JOIN EBID HERE
    http://uk.ebid.net/buddy/412775

http://exeterdvd.ebid.net/ For Great DVD Romance Childrens Drama TV Shows And More

http://exeterbooks.ebid.net/ For Great Audio Books

http://exetercd.ebid.net/ For great deal on CD's

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Everyone else has been too nice to mention - post things in the right place on the forum. This is headed "eBid in the news". "Promoting your store" is another forum.

However, on a more positive note, Lady Maggie has already altered her listings so they are not run till sold

For myself, I wouldn't put items in two categories (paying fees before it's sold? Nooo! not when I don't have to)

and you have Conditioner listed under shampoo, which will get the listing deleted, Lady M.
    Last edited by madelaine; 24th November 2012 at 10:13 AM.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Forum Newbie
    View ladyanunu01's Feedback (+13)
    All-About ladyanunu01
    View ladyanunu01's Listings
    Forum Posts

[QUOTE=madelaine;1497240]Everyone else has been too nice to mention - post things in the right place on the forum. This is headed "eBid in the news". "Promoting your store" is another forum.

However, on a more positive note, Lady Maggie has already altered her listings so they are not run till sold

For myself, I wouldn't put items in two categories (paying fees before it's sold? Nooo! not when I don't have to)

and you have Conditioner listed under shampoo, which will get the listing deleted, Lady M.[Some feel they know it all and others know nothing. You are happy with your activity on this site because it is your comfort zone but I am happy that a lot of people feel the same way as I do. See other threads thanks]

Thread Information