eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: 5 Free Stores

Forum Newbie
    View Jawa42's Feedback (+2)
    All-About Jawa42
    View Jawa42's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default 5 Free Stores

What is the benefit of having 5 Stores, would you think 1 be enough? just asking.

Eric

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: 5 Free Stores

I use my stores to sort different categories of items (as books, jewelry, clothing and odds and ends) to make it easier for me to keep track of listings and also easier (I hope) for buyers to search my listings.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

I think its nice to know you can use five stores. I've asked this question once before and never got a response. Maybe I'm in the right area this time. Heres my question? If I open anotheer store do I need to use a different name or what? Not sure how to do this. Thank you in advance.

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Benefit of having more than one store is that customers don't have to slog through listings of postcards and underwear if what they are looking for is books. Some people search by clicking on the stores tab at the top, finding a store, and browsing. If your store handles related items.....like shoes and clothing, it can be found in the clothing category. If you sell a variety of items, but don't feel you have enough of any one thing to have a store dedicated to that type of item, you can open a store in the General category.

I have two stores....one specialized, and one general, just because I don't have enough 'general' items to list separately.

Lots of people search for an item just by doing a search for 'blouse' or 'curtains', and those items searched for in that manner will be found whether they are in a store or not. If a person searches via the store tab, then items not in a store will not be found.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Mimistreasures2010 View Post
    I think its nice to know you can use five stores. I've asked this question once before and never got a response. Maybe I'm in the right area this time. Heres my question? If I open anotheer store do I need to use a different name or what? Not sure how to do this. Thank you in advance.
    Yes, you need to create a different name (hopefully one that is not already taken).

View HerMajesty's Feedback (+1863)
    All-About HerMajesty
    View HerMajesty's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi, Mimi's.........You have some nice items! I like the name of your store (except I would take off NEW STORE 1....as it doesn't tell the buyer anything useful. It may appear that you didn't delete the template name for a store). If you have other items to list, I find it helpful, as a buyer, when sellers use their name, but change the rest of the store name. Maybe MimisCollectables, or MimisUsedMercedes, or MimisCandyShop.

In retrospect, my store name, BeesKnees, is pretty non-descriptive, and doesn't tell buyers what they might find inside.
    Ta-Ta for now!

HerMajesty

Slide Inn for Vintage 35mm photographic slides
    https://uk.ebid.net/stores/Slide-Inn

ALSO!! Click below to see my store, THE BEE'S KNEES!
    https://the-bees-knees.ebid.net

Newcastle Upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
    View stitchysyl's Feedback (+2137)
    All-About stitchysyl
    View stitchysyl's Listings
    Forum Posts

I find having more than one store helps me keep my items organised ....and also lets me open one to support Stitches of Love and Kindness, a charitable group. I can point people on the SOLAK website straight to the charity store and not have them directed directly to my own auctions.

Hello there. Thanks for the info. How do I get new store off and leave the rest. Still learning about all this. Very confusing at time. I'm also confused about another thing. Do you have to pay to put sub-catagory in your store or what. I thought I could do it when I put catagories in my store. Thank you in advance.

Thread Information