eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: It won't take long for scammers to come on board

Forum Saint
    View adruml's Feedback (+1138)
    All-About adruml
    View adruml's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default It won't take long for scammers to come on board

Just a thought and maybe this is a non issue but it is something I find troubling and maybe I should ask the question before I state my suggestion...

When eBid needs to communicate with a member, is it done via email or Private message within eBid? I have had both: Private message when I broke the rules in the forum and an email letting me know I was late to pay my $.67 monthly fees. The Private Message was a no brainer that it came from eBid but the email? How do I know?

I would like to make sure an email coming form what appears to be eBid is actually coming from eBid and not a type of scam. As the scammers get better and better and once they find eBid with possible guards down.

Is it a good idea to have an actual email type set up here (yes similar to that other place) so we can be sure eBid emails are truly eBid emails and we can respond to them directly from the eBid site?

View suesjools's Feedback (+586)
    All-About suesjools
    View suesjools's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: It won't take long for scammers to come on board

Good question and a good idea IMHO.

Best wishes for many sales to all,

Forum Newbie
    Thompsons Station, Tennessee, United States
    View collectorama's Feedback (+919)
    All-About collectorama
    View collectorama's Listings
    Forum Posts

Suggestion: Allow sellers an option to "not allow" a buyer with, example: 3 or less positive feedback points to bid on my items, or give us a choice in a drop down menu to pick from 1 - 5 feedback points. One of my 2 sales, the buyer JUST signed up that day and went to me and did not pay and did not answer any emails, maybe others too. I feel that some sellers may want the option that if a buyer has not earned 1-5 positive feedback points then they may not want to sell their items to them. I have had that choice at other venues. You may say, well if every seller selected this than the buyer could not buy anywhere and earn any points. With all the sellers that have a business running with customers going, a non pay here or there is no big deal. I am new and a new seller may not want to start off with selling to someone with ZERO feedback points. At least it's an "option" for sellers. Not everyone will take advantage of it. Maybe eBid can have the auto-responder to the buyer saying "sorry, this seller does not accept bids if you have less than x feedback points. you may contact the buyer directly and discuss this" or something like that. I am not sure but just suggesting. Thanks for having this up and running. I enjoy being here and would like to bring on another 220 items but the way its going I am just "parked" with about 20 items for now. Can you help? Please!

Forum Diehard
    View kedo's Feedback (+4128)
    All-About kedo
    View kedo's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by collectorama View Post
    Suggestion: Allow sellers an option to "not allow" a buyer with, example: 3 or less positive feedback points to bid on my items, or give us a choice in a drop down menu to pick from 1 - 5 feedback points. One of my 2 sales, the buyer JUST signed up that day and went to me and did not pay and did not answer any emails, maybe others too. I feel that some sellers may want the option that if a buyer has not earned 1-5 positive feedback points then they may not want to sell their items to them. I have had that choice at other venues. You may say, well if every seller selected this than the buyer could not buy anywhere and earn any points. With all the sellers that have a business running with customers going, a non pay here or there is no big deal. I am new and a new seller may not want to start off with selling to someone with ZERO feedback points. At least it's an "option" for sellers. Not everyone will take advantage of it. Maybe eBid can have the auto-responder to the buyer saying "sorry, this seller does not accept bids if you have less than x feedback points. you may contact the buyer directly and discuss this" or something like that. I am not sure but just suggesting. Thanks for having this up and running. I enjoy being here and would like to bring on another 220 items but the way its going I am just "parked" with about 20 items for now. Can you help? Please!
    It used to be an option. Maybe it has been removed? Personally, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. With 90% or more of buyers signing up with eBid shortly before buying it's a good recipe for making no sales. I'm afraid you just have to put up with NPB's.

Thread Information