Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Show Sold Items

Default Re: Show Sold Items

What is it about ebid that encourages so many new sellers to use RUS ?
    The fact that it costs 40p for 30 days on the other side and is free for ever and a day on here?

Forum Newbie
    Gilwern Abergavenny, Monmouthshire, United Kingdom
    View Acestamp's Feedback (+64)
    All-About Acestamp
    View Acestamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,
    I was a big Ebay user, and now switching to Ebid. The one BIG thing I used constantly on Ebay was their 'Advanced' facility which showed you a price sold history for any item on Ebay. It was the best and most invaluable tool, and is one that would enhance the selling experience more than anything else. It is the one thing that is making me hesitate from making the final split from Ebay because it is such a superb tool.
    Acestamp and Collectables

Forum Newbie
    Gilwern Abergavenny, Monmouthshire, United Kingdom
    View Acestamp's Feedback (+64)
    All-About Acestamp
    View Acestamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HerMajesty View Post
    Click on the big ebid logo at the top left of the page, then look at the SOLD tab near the bottom of the page that comes up.

It would be nice to show a running total, tho - not just a selected few items........
    As you say a few random sales tells nobody anything. I liked Ebay because you could access the sales record of every item sold, which give everyone a good idea where to pitch their prices. If Ebid could bring in a similar thing it would revolutionise Ebid sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Acestamp View Post
    Hi,
    I was a big Ebay user, and now switching to Ebid. The one BIG thing I used constantly on Ebay was their 'Advanced' facility which showed you a price sold history for any item on Ebay. It was the best and most invaluable tool, and is one that would enhance the selling experience more than anything else. It is the one thing that is making me hesitate from making the final split from Ebay because it is such a superb tool.
    Hello

One the front page there is some detail about recently sold items (beaten to that )

I only list on eBid - but when listing I always have a look at the sold price history for the item on the bay. That is because I judge the other side to be my competitors, any eBid sellers are considered my allies. Just about every buyer has a bay account - so I compete for that whole market, to get new eBid buyers through the door and ensure existing eBid members keep coming back.

So I hope you list here and still use that invaluable tool over there - I find it invaluable as well. But if eBid has such a facility then I wouldn't use it.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

If Ebid could bring in a similar thing it would revolutionise Ebid sales.
    It's fascinating how many claim that their suggestion is the thing that would revolutionise eBid.

View sidthelamp's Feedback (+541)
    All-About sidthelamp
    View sidthelamp's Listings
    Forum Posts

Hi,
    click advanced search,fill in what your looking for in the enter keywords box then tick searched closed this will give you results on recently sold or ended items for your search ,you can also search country and price if you need too
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/under pressure

MY ATTITUDE IS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTIONS!!!
    IF YOU DONT LIKE IT BLAME YOURSELF.

Forum Newbie
    All-About Nurse101
    View Nurse101's Listings
    Forum Posts

so since last year when you wrote that is that still the best option to see sold items?

You still have to click on every listing in the advanced closed listing results to see if an item sold or just ended. The system used to show a red x by listings that didn't sell & a green check mark by the listings that sold. The majority of the searches I did came back with mostly red x showing.

I know sometime ago when users complained about not getting sells, they would mention about mainly red x showing in closed searches (meaning not sold).

Then the system got changed to make it very difficult to see what has sold & what has not sold.

Forum Newbie
    All-About sabresone
    View sabresone's Listings
    Forum Posts

in my opinion this is not a option because not enough items have been sold i see items with hundreds of views and no bids other sites they would have easily sold are these views computer generated or real i know ebay does that lets hope ebid is not.

Quote Originally Posted by FBNeNotes View Post
    Do away with the Totally Useless... Views. They are extremely misleading.
    And give up on the useless awful RUS !! looks totally amatureish.. 366 views, 554 views. It is so minor league here.
    Instead of the usual rant - why not actually think about what you are saying and use it constructively. Within those disparaging comments is actually a good idea.

RUS is extremely useful as a stock management tool to enhance the structure of a shop, if sellers use it poorly that is their problem. But your comments about the views looking a bit daft on RUS items is relevant, the appearance of those amounts of views to buyers can potentially lose sales.

So why not open a suggestion that eBid automatically wipe the view count off RUS every 3 months (or 6 months)? That is something that would be achievable and I can't see many people objecting to that.

Thread Information