eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Show Sold Items

Default Show Sold Items

Hi Guys
    I am relatively new to Ebid and have just made my first sale on here , I am very happy as i have saved a huge ammount on listing and fvf's
    the item in question was an Antique Zanzibar Chest which sold for £500.00
    However I am not so happy that this cannot be seen, unless you delve into the depths of the system and search for that specific item
    Would it not be a good Idea to show items that have sold with their finishing price and dispel the myth that nothing sells on Ebid

When you land on the Ebid main page at the top is the number of auctions running and everything else but nothing about what has sold
    Showing items that have sold would inspire sellers and instill confidence with buyers
    get rid of the buddy point leaderboard and replace it with a JUST SOLD scolling box
    Buddy points don't make money , Sold Inventory makes money and needs to be shown.

I haven't got much listed at the moment, I just think I was lucky somebody was looking for that particular item , the buyer was new to Ebid and payed by bank transfer so I had to message him and ask him to hit the make an offer button so that it was in the system, I didn't want to diddle Ebid out of their 2 per cent FVF .
    Rant over guys would like to sell more on here but still have deal with the dark side at the moment.

Default Re: Show Sold Items

I agree. The Buddy Points are nice, but I don't think they are an incentive. More of an "in thing" that means nothing to browsers. Showing recently sold items would be of much more interest.

After all, we don't need to attract the regulars. We need to catch the eye of people who haven't been here before.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

I totally agree. A sold section would show others how well eBid is doing and also help many sellers in determining prices. It really should be a main focus point on the eBid home page and place the buddy points leader board further down.

Forum Saint
    View Oldandintheway's Feedback (+385)
    All-About Oldandintheway
    View Oldandintheway's Listings
    Forum Posts

Agree - good idea!

View NuttyKrafts's Feedback (+644)
    All-About NuttyKrafts
    View NuttyKrafts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Sounds like a good idea to me too
    Nutty by name, nutty by nature.
    /

Hand made items here

Bits and pieces here

Fund raising for L.O.R.O.S. here

Books and music for L.O.R.O.S. here

I agree as well.

Congratulations on that £500 sale - that wasn't anything to do with luck, that item was superbly presented and listed.

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think a lot of people couldn't care less about some aspects of what is promoted on the home page on eBid. I myself very rarely look at the "new", "closing" and "popular" lists. Anyway, how do they define "popular" listings? Is it based on views? Or just a "popular" item that regularly sells on here?

Anyways, a sold list would be great. We alone have sold over 20 items these past few weeks (mainly to the same collector lol) but sales are sales. It would be good to have a sold list that shows what has sold, how much for, even stating the sellers username as well as their feedback score, all things that will hopefully give potential new members/buyers confidence in both items and sellers which is as important as anything.

We have some regular customers, as do many sellers, but a majority of regular buyers are few and far between depending on what you sell, so regular buys from the same buyer with 3+ months in-between them buying does not really help you grow unless you got a couple of hundred regular buyers!

Attracting new buyers is always important, shoppers in general do not know eBid is here due to lack of small scale advertising in the right market places. An individual listing only works as an advert to the individual shopper when they are searching for a specific item and that item is available to buy at the time of their search using whatever search engine they are using as not everyone in the world uses google where eBid's listing fair a little better.

I know people say nothing sells here, which is just ignorance, but we do alright, as do many other sellers, and we can go two months or so with just a handful of sales, especially during the summer months which is expected anyway given what we sell, but bringing in new customers could change that for all sellers if buyers can see what is actually being sold and how much for and in the majority of cases, far cheaper than on other auction sites where sellers have to hike up prices to cover ridiculously high fees, and the higher they hike their prices, the higher their fees become haha! I'm not interested in attracting other sellers here, yes, eBid needs the sellers for revenue from fvf's (I understand that), but I'd much rather see the focus more on attracting shoppers here, showing shoppers the bargains they have been missing out on because sellers can afford to sell things a little cheaper here as fees are nowhere near as high as other places.

I think it would also be a nice idea for a "sold" list that can showcase sellers and how many items they have sold that month, or week, or whatever, to give shoppers that extra confidence that there are sellers here who are genuine, who work hard on here, and are generally trusted sellers who have regular sales here to further dispell the myth that nothing sells here, because things do sell here and regularly.

I saw an eBid banner ad on the social network site MeetMe a few days ago where the banner had the eBid logo and a picture of a couple of items and how much they sold for here which I thought was a great bit of advertising in demonstrating that things do sell here and at affordable prices cheaper than other auction sites. I think the one item was computer related and something else, might have been a camera, but I think eBid should branch out with these banner ads, but not stick to computer/tv/photographic equipment, branch out showing a multitude of different items in different banners and what they have sold for, like using common items bought more regularly like toys, candles/candle holders, kitchen items (frying pans etc), other home furnishings. There's a lot of different things eBid could feature on such banner ads to attract a wider variety of shoppers as someone seeing a banner ad with only specific items on it, will tend to ignore such an ad if the items advertised on it is not what they are looking for, it might tempt them to come here for a look anyway, do a search, but with a wider variety of items on display on banners will encourage more shoppers to check eBid out.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

hmm I wonder how many of the things suggested to have on ebid are already copyrighted by other sites? and that's why it is not on the site?
    Check out my shop for all your fav comic books
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/HUSHS-COMIC-BOOK-WORLD

Hush is barnching out check it out
    http://uk.ebid.net/stores/Hushs-Trading-Card-Shack

Check out my about me for some stuff about me.
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/users/hush77hush/all-about-me/
    or why not join my social group on the fourm pages.
    http://helpdesk.ebid.net/group.php?groupid=30

Why not follow me on Twitter.
    http://twitter.com/#!/hush77hush

Forum Diehard
    View islandbuckman's Feedback (+192)
    All-About islandbuckman
    View islandbuckman's Listings
    Forum Posts

It seems to be a good idea. The only thing that I wonder about is the values of the sold merchandise. I was looking at joining another "online auction website" which had a scrolling line that showed the sales on that site. I sat and watched it for a few minutes. The highest priced item that sold was $5.00 US. That turned me off of the site as a seller. I sell jewellery that goes up to $1,100.00 retail. So it didn't look like I would be selling much on that site
    The idea has it's good points as well as bad points.
    It wouldn't hurt to try it and if it worked, great, if not, dump it.

Forum Newbie
    All-About pinkbarbie23
    View pinkbarbie23's Listings
    Forum Posts

Yes, this is a definate. Buyers who come on here might get confused seeing the "Buddy Points" as a main focus on the home page. I don't CARE ABOUT BUDDY POINTS. I have been wanting to see a list of items that are selling/sold. I am one of those people who think Nothing Sells Here. That doesn't mean I think absolutely nothing sells here, but that maybe an item sells a day. I have lost confidence in this site and that would instill some confidence if I saw that more than one item a year sold. This is a no brainer. I don't really understand a lot of the logic behind this website as it really could be great but things are so slow moving.

Thread Information