eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: YDC - Can we all please regroup before any more YDC auctions are held?

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default YDC - Can we all please regroup before any more YDC auctions are held?

Vonz - this thread is to help you and for the benefit of charity fundraising.

Fair enough some members are away due to holidays/christenings/lottery wins etc. for YDC104 but, you have to admit YDC auctions are NOT what they used to be. So, from MY POINT OF VIEW ONLY rules and regs need to be minuted - just joking everyone but we do need to sort this out before 2013 auctions start.

Vonz - what I am saying here is nothing against you - you are doing a fantastic job in my book! What I am saying is to help you, please remember that.

If any members wish to add to this please answer BEFORE NOVEMBER 13th - after this date i will close the thread.
    To save Vonz any hassle I will amalgamate all answers and communicate with her to sort this out - only if she wants me to of course.

IMO ONLY!
    1) Cancel the December YDC105 (no YDC held in November) and lets start afresh in January 2013.
    2) January YDC starts with the number 13 (YDC113) New year and a new start for YDC.
    3) Rules and regs need to be shortened overall - currently it's like reading War and Peace and can put off newbies wanting to sell for charity.
    4) Rules and regs need adjusting to cater for all members WORLDWIDE.

SO my six pennyworth is (I'll probably add to this if anyone gives me something to think about!):

a) ANY auction should be able to start with a 0.01p start price (or the equivalent currency) WITHOUT that member being entered into the YDC Competition.

b) ANY MEMBER wishing to enter the 'competition' should put in the TITLE and/or DESCRIPTION Competition entry YDCxxx with any start price.

If you have anything constructive to add then please do so.

If you are wanting to scream at me, punch the screen or tell me to mind my own business as YDC Auctions are working perfectly well without my input, then please PM Gill.

Thank you for reading.

Kind regards all and enjoy life.

Gill xxx
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

Default Re: YDC - Can we all please regroup before any more YDC auctions are held?

Quote Originally Posted by Gill View Post
    1) Cancel the December YDC105 (no YDC held in November) and lets start afresh in January 2013.
    2) January YDC starts with the number 13 (YDC113) New year and a new start for YDC.
    3) Rules and regs need to be shortened overall - currently it's like reading War and Peace and can put off newbies wanting to sell for charity.
    4) Rules and regs need adjusting to cater for all members WORLDWIDE.

SO my six pennyworth is (I'll probably add to this if anyone gives me something to think about!):

a) ANY auction should be able to start with a 0.01p start price (or the equivalent currency) WITHOUT that member being entered into the YDC Competition.

b) ANY MEMBER wishing to enter the 'competition' should put in the TITLE and/or DESCRIPTION Competition entry YDCxxx with any start price.

If you have anything constructive to add then please do so.
    There isn't normally a YDC in December, not sure if this has been changed recently
    Don't see this as a good idea, as what would the next one be called?
    The R&R are only for people wanting to win for the nomination of the following YDC 'featured' charity/good cause
    Good point, but wouldn't know what to suggest, as time differences are taken into account, so is the price
    Start price can be anything upto £1 (or equivalent in other countries currency), but I think the rule on maximum start price was to stop some sort of issue that happened in the early YDC days.

I must admit that when I was looking through this months YDC auctions, there was not the usual range of items on offer, and a lot of the usual YDC 'suspects' didn't have any auctions for YDC running (me included), but having said that the usual YDC 'suspects' shouldn't need to be the spine of the YDC, hence why I think this is a good time to talk about possible ways on getting new YDC donations for future YDCs

My comments are not to be taken personally, more for clarity

Poulton-le-fylde, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View Gill's Feedback (+517)
    All-About Gill
    View Gill's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: YDC - Can we all please regroup before any more YDC auctions are held?

Not ignoring you Sarah, just adding another thought:
    Should YDC auctions come to an end and just let anyone wanting to sell for charity use the appropriate charity category?
    Gill (pronounced Jill) "Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris 1834 - 1896

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

1. I wasn't aware there ever was a December YDC - as it would be running over Xmas.
    2. The YDC number is an irrelevance, though keeping them consecutive would seem to make more sense than suddenly going out of sequence for no good reason.
    3. Many rules simply reiterate eBid's rules for any listings, the others are there to prevent sellers using the YDC as a selling vehicle for things not for charity, not in the spirit of YDC, or to make a level playing field for competition entrants. There is nothing stopping sellers listing for charity outside of YDC if they don't like the constraints YDC entry imposes.
    4. In what way are they not already? If you feel there are issues then state specifics.

All rules are there for a reason; being developed, over time, to resolve problems that have arisen in the running of the YDC.

a) They already can: 99p or less (or local equivalent)

b) It is already stated: ..and the description of your item must include the following text: This auction is an entry in the
    YDC nn charity auction competition. All money raised by this auction will go to: charity.

Last edited by astral276; 27th October 2012 at 11:55 PM.

Forum Saint
    View RonOne's Feedback (+4296)
    All-About RonOne
    View RonOne's Listings
    Forum Posts

I think we should continue as normal until Vonz is back on line.
    Then we can have an open discussion.
    Non of this PM stuff.

View astral276's Feedback (+194)
    All-About astral276
    View astral276's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by RonOne View Post
    I think we should continue as normal until Vonz is back on line.
    Then we can have an open discussion.
    Non of this PM stuff.
    I had always understood that YDC etiquette was that the desire for changes be passed via the current YDC co-ordinator, and not for everyone to start their own threads.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

I need a sip of coffee.

Where is Chief Vonz! Changes to YDC should ideally be done wif hers present, and in the open.

View NuttyKrafts's Feedback (+644)
    All-About NuttyKrafts
    View NuttyKrafts's Listings
    Forum Posts

I would just like to repeat what I suggested previously here and to Vonz

" 1. Auctions should have a start price of 99p or less. (or local equivalent.)
    7. Your auction(s) must be for a charity or good cause and the description of your item must include the following text:
    This auction is an entry in the YDC nn charity auction competition."

be replaced with

" 1. All auctions that have a start price of 99p or less. (or local equivalent.) will be considered as an entry for the YDC competition."

As to the next YDC, I believe you're wrong in saying there isn't one in November, I thought there was and it's December there isn't one for rather obvious reasons!

Without raking over what has happened this time, I do think the competition element should be made clearer. However, it IS supposed to be FUN and for CHARITY. And we shouldn't expect the same people to list every time, isn't it good to see newbies? Personally, I thought this YDC was going well - over 200 listings and a lot of lovely items being offered.
    Nutty by name, nutty by nature.
    /

Hand made items here

Bits and pieces here

Fund raising for L.O.R.O.S. here

Books and music for L.O.R.O.S. here

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

Starting price: I think what Gill is getting at is for those not wanting to enter the competition to be able to start with less than 99p. You can do that anyway. Just inform Vonz at the end you don't want to be considered for the comp.

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

what exactly is wrong with ydc as it is?
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Thread Information