eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Knitting Patterns too old but not old enough?

Laurencekirk, Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom
    View Maelbrigda's Feedback (+2605)
    All-About Maelbrigda
    View Maelbrigda's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Knitting Patterns too old but not old enough?

If its a paper pattern an you put a handwritten note in with it, can it not go as a letter? I believe it can here and thus is cheaper.
    Simply Handmade all my handmade items
    Maelbrigda's Bits and Pieces For Clothing and Jewellery, Ornaments, Odds & Ends & Much More
    Craft Store Crafty bits & pieces. Patterns, Card, Yarn, Stamps and more
    Books, Blu Rays, DVD's, CD's and Vinyl Records
    https://www.ebid.net/uk/stores/The-Pagan-Tree

Please have a look. I combine postage wherever possible.

Yes I do send them lettermail / letter-post. But it's the weight and size of the booklets that bumps them into the next category. I usually charge a bit for the stationery I use as well and make sure the fees will be covered. As much as I enjoy eBid, I do want to make a little bit of profit for the item and for the effort involved after those expenses are paid.

:-)

View purplestevie's Feedback (+8205)
    All-About purplestevie
    View purplestevie's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by FirstGreenIsGold View Post
    Yes I do send them lettermail / letter-post. But it's the weight and size of the booklets that bumps them into the next category. I usually charge a bit for the stationery I use as well and make sure the fees will be covered. As much as I enjoy eBid, I do want to make a little bit of profit for the item and for the effort involved after those expenses are paid.

:-)
    Everything i have listed is buy it now with best offer option, i dont have anything in the auction, not sure if that makes a difference

Quote Originally Posted by Maelbrigda View Post
    My knitting patterns just dont sell. Theyve been listed for months at just 35p each and i havent sold even one. I wondered if its because they are too old to be fashionable but not old enough yet to be vintage (theyre from the 80's) Does anyone else manage to sell 80's patterns or should i just give up. I have another 100 to list but i dont think its worthwhile
    Just had a nosey at your listings. Unfortunately, the Marshall Cavendish part works are notoriously had to shift. I've sold a few on the other side but it is a struggle. On the other hand, my patterns do sell well over there - NOT on here, though.

My hundreds of patterns were inherited from a relative's knitting group (wish I had left them for the re-cycling) so I need to get them shifted. Unfortunately, therefore, I have been taking them off eBid and listing them where they sell.

Thread Information