eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: Promoting ebid listings on social networks

Forum Newbie
    View diva32's Feedback (+15)
    All-About diva32
    View diva32's Listings
    Forum Posts

Question Promoting ebid listings on social networks

I'm still new and need a little clarification, I certainly don't want to violate policy.

When I signed up for ebid there was an agreement that contained policies. I can't find it now, but I thought it said your listing would be removed if you, or someone unknown to you, posted a link to your listing on facebook or any social media. I wasn't sure how I could stop a complete stranger from pining my listing, but I signed up anyway.

Now I see I can post my listing to my facebook when I create the listing, and the listings themselves have links to pintrest.(which, by the way I think is great! As a mother of a teenager I know how quickly pintrest's popularity has grown.)

Did I misunderstand the policy? or was there a change? Just a little confused.

View JanetB's Feedback (+1175)
    All-About JanetB
    View JanetB's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Promoting ebid listings on social networks

Quote Originally Posted by diva32 View Post
    I'm still new and need a little clarification, I certainly don't want to violate policy.

When I signed up for ebid there was an agreement that contained policies. I can't find it now, but I thought it said your listing would be removed if you, or someone unknown to you, posted a link to your listing on facebook or any social media. I wasn't sure how I could stop a complete stranger from pining my listing, but I signed up anyway.

Now I see I can post my listing to my facebook when I create the listing, and the listings themselves have links to pintrest.(which, by the way I think is great! As a mother of a teenager I know how quickly pintrest's popularity has grown.)

Did I misunderstand the policy? or was there a change? Just a little confused.
    You can post your listings (links back to eBid) outside of eBid wherever you like. It is ecommerce sites (websites selling goods) you are not allowed to link to anywhere on eBid.

I link a lot of my items on Facebook and I use Craigslist as well. Plus I use the Plug your Auctions forum where you can create 1 single thread and bump it up every 24hrs by responding to yourself with any extra information. If you start a 2nd thread, you must delete (not close) the 1st thread.

Hope this helps

Forum Newbie
    View diva32's Feedback (+15)
    All-About diva32
    View diva32's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: Promoting ebid listings on social networks

Yes, it clears it right up! Thanks so much!

Thread Information