My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: "Auctions I'm Running" - Request for 2 more "sort" types

Default "Auctions I'm Running" - Request for 2 more "sort" types

Would like to see the "sort" drop down list also include a means to sort by how many views an item has had (Get the most viewed items showing first, as they obviously have more potential to make a sale - listings can be analyzed or adjusted to entice buyers..)

Would also like to be able to sort by "is it selling" column. (Though one would tend to think those will automatically come to the top? Can't remember if they ever did..)
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Default Re: "Auctions I'm Running" - Request for 2 more "sort" types

Quote Originally Posted by Idealproductsales View Post
    Would like to see the "sort" drop down list also include a means to sort by how many views an item has had (Get the most viewed items showing first, as they obviously have more potential to make a sale - listings can be analyzed or adjusted to entice buyers..)

Would also like to be able to sort by "is it selling" column. (Though one would tend to think those will automatically come to the top? Can't remember if they ever did..)

It has been suggested before for the view count - I would personally worry if sellers were looking at a view count to judge the popularity of an item, but I have said all that before. Judge an item by sales not views.

Your sold items will appear under the Sold tab.......

And if you don't mind me changing the subject...... but I am going to

Your products are exactly the type of stuff that I would want to see on eBid. However I think you might want to work on your titles, people are going to struggle to find them otherwise as there are very few keywords.

678169004 Thermal Release Valve - what is it ????

I know from looking at the description that its for homelite pressure washers and that really needs to be in the title. Anyone searching for a Homelite Thermal Release Valve will not see that you have one for sale. Likewise anyone searching Homelite Pressure Washer Valve will not see your listing either. Think like a buyer when listing - item titles need to be specific.

You have also not entered in the MPN and brand into the listing as per the box below:

Name:  barcode.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  10.6 KB

You have great items that people are searching for, but there are very few relevant keywords to enable anyone to find what you have for sale. There are lawn mower parts without any reference to lawn mowers in the title etc etc... Getting the Manufacturers Part Number and the Brand will ensure that your items will appear on google products - on the couple that I checked they weren't there so you have very little exposure for sales there either.

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

Dean, you should run workshops on keywords!
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by madelaine View Post
    Dean, you should run workshops on keywords!
    The best workshop for keywords is to find a group of people who are not overly computer literate - hand them an item and use no other words other than "find me one of these on the internet" - then collect all the information they put in the search string and you have all the keywords you need to describe the item. Those are the people who are the keyword experts...... not me

View madelaine's Feedback (+5872)
    All-About madelaine
    View madelaine's Listings
    Forum Posts

That is an excellent way of thinking about it. I try to do this myself but I don't think I could put it into words so clearly.
    Madelaine

4 shops for Cats Protection & Prospect Hospice
    My Postcard Shop
    BK Stamps for Philatelic listings
    & Yarnalong for craft patterns
    and
    Lotzabitz -anything that doesn't belong in one of the other shops.

Quote Originally Posted by deanosaur1972 View Post
    It has been suggested before for the view count - I would personally worry if sellers were looking at a view count to judge the popularity of an item, but I have said all that before. Judge an item by sales not views.

Your sold items will appear under the Sold tab.......

And if you don't mind me changing the subject...... but I am going to

Your products are exactly the type of stuff that I would want to see on eBid. However I think you might want to work on your titles, people are going to struggle to find them otherwise as there are very few keywords.

678169004 Thermal Release Valve - what is it ????

I know from looking at the description that its for homelite pressure washers and that really needs to be in the title. Anyone searching for a Homelite Thermal Release Valve will not see that you have one for sale. Likewise anyone searching Homelite Pressure Washer Valve will not see your listing either. Think like a buyer when listing - item titles need to be specific.

You have also not entered in the MPN and brand into the listing as per the box below:

Name:  barcode.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  10.6 KB

You have great items that people are searching for, but there are very few relevant keywords to enable anyone to find what you have for sale. There are lawn mower parts without any reference to lawn mowers in the title etc etc... Getting the Manufacturers Part Number and the Brand will ensure that your items will appear on google products - on the couple that I checked they weren't there so you have very little exposure for sales there either.
    OK first point: - It is not for buyer views. it is for the seller's "dashboard" under the "auctions Im Running" page - not a place that buyers or others will have access to (one would hope! - LOL!) - See next paragraph of this for more detail..

Second point: We're well aware of that and working bit by bit to update and correct listings - Most of these are an export of our e-commerce store.. and a lot of those were automatically added by our parts lookup software catalogs - which are basically based off manufacturer price lists, hence the sparse descriptions.. It is gonna take a while, obviously, to edit manually a couple thousand listings. (and we have over 15,000 on our E-Store) but we're gonna be working on it.. That's partly what led to this post - I'd like to view my current listings in "My eBid" panel - and able to sort by what looks to get the most interest *first* (prioritizing) so I can get things edited more efficiently Would also be nice to have "in-line" editing on the page (but that'd require some hefty Ajax / CSS scripting) but that's beside the point..

- My comeback here is partly due to google product search going commercial.. and the total waste of money that adwords has been (I had much better results with bing/yahoo ads - probably because there are not as many fraudsters out there hiring third world labor to click ads..) , as well as "giving it another try" and "adding more sales venues" - the standard worn out excuses.. But mainly just because I've missed eBid and finally see a chance to make a comeback.. LOL!
    Many changes yet again, started a new venture, and you can watch my store grow here: Really Rural Woodworks

Thread Information