My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community

Thread: ebay sellers looking for other avenues

Smile ebay sellers looking for other avenues

I came over to this site doing some poking around due to another seller actually mentioning it on their feedback forum saying "good bye Ebay, and hello Ebid!"...signed up for seller+ 30 day revolving after doing alot of reading that same day; as I'm not one to just jump into things head first, but so far I like the idea that i can list as many items as i want, which is one reason why i had been kinda searching around googling different online auction sites in the first place...I was at one time, able to list up to 2000$ on ebay until i got real sick and hospitalized not being able to get on to pay for some items i'd bid on before i was hospitalized and then won, which earned me like 2 or 3 strikes which shot me down quick to a $500 a month selling limit, which bytes!
    I mean i prob. could of fought it, but was getting real sick of the fees climbing and then shipping fees because of some sellers adding 100$ shipping prices to their .99 listings. I think hoping people wouldnt at first catch the large dollar shipping amount and bid on their item being stuck paying or getting a bad rep for not...idk, it might of just been an unthought out loop hole to the climbing fees on the site...i've always used the shipping calculator myself, or just went with flat rate shipping when possible to be on the safe side of the fence, plus i sell fur; and it was summer time so i really didn't care, but kinda came back to bite me in the butt now its season again.
    I'm still not done with ebay altogether, because i've got a few clients that keep my head a bubble, but hopefully thru word of mouth this site will grow and I look at it like getting in on the ground floor of what possibly could be the facebook of internet auctions. Just hope it don't feed into the greed, as ebay and start taking the food from our childrens mouths...sad really!
    well, i'm outta here for the evening, as I didn't mean to write a book! lol Just a couple a lines about whats going on, on the inside of the competitors forums....Good luck to everyone here and "may the force be with you" lol Peace

View rokins_toys's Feedback (+770)
    All-About rokins_toys
    View rokins_toys's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: ebay sellers looking for other avenues

What clients you do have, you should have them buy from you here instead of FeeBay. Have your items here cheaper than on FeeBay as well, and you can afford to without the monthly fees.

I feel for your situation and understand completely about shipping charges. Some people ask silly money for shipping to cover FeeBay/Pay(notyour)Pal fees. But asking $100 for shipping when the reality is, including the cost of brand new packaging materials, the cost of shipping could be like for example $20.00, they are just ripping people off. They offer low prices on auction items, knowing there's a high probability the item will sell for an extremely low price, but they make 90% profit by asking what they ask for shipping.

FeeBay should really crack down on people charging excessive shipping costs. Sellers who charge such silly shipping do not live in reality, and instead of reporting such sellers ot FeeBay directly, there are other agencies in the USA you can report such sellers to for their excessive shipping costs that are beyond reality within themselves.

We used to trade on FeeBay, and we got sick and tired of the restrictions, fee increases, every single fee eating away at our slim profit margins to the point we were selling almost everything at a loss of months of listing fees. We quit trading on FeeBay altogether although we do keep just one item listed on FeeBay and we have made use of the item description to let potential buyers know we have a wide range of items available on eBid and at cheaper prices than our competitors over there, obviously, we state eBid.net on the item description but we do NOT provide an external link as if we did, they'd shut the listing down.

It took us a while to rebuild here, but it was totally worth it. We're not restricting to the amount of items we can list based on some silly "shop tariff structure". We're not paying countless months of listing fees on items. We're only paying 2% fvf's on action figures which works out under 25p per figure, where as on FeeBay, it would be 90p per figure in fvf's, not taking into consideration paypal greed and listing fees for months at a time, and when the action figures have a £2.00 profit margin when selling then for their proper RRP, those fees on FeeBay kill off the profit margin in no time at all. Plus, FeeBay want to take a higher percentage the higher the price of on item. In all, a minimum of 80% of our profits were going to FeeBay and we were not selling enough on FeeBay to cover the monthly fees so we were not even breaking even for the most part of a year.

So we're glad to have made the move here, we have freedom, we can breathe, we're not struggling to keep on top of fees and our profit remains with us so we can invest it in new stock. I feel sorry for sellers on FeeBay when they are working so hard to not even break even the majority of the time because of fees, and yet they stay there for regular sales for the sake of feedback, over all, staying for sales that do not cover the running costs of being on there in the first place lmao. And there's no way on Earth we'd pay £300 per month for a shop subscription to list the amount of items we have on eBid, and still pay listing fees on FeeBay on top. FeeBay is a joke, sellers being screwed while those in charge line their pockets with YOUR profits and limiting your ability to invest in your own business and grow.

And let's not forget, here you CAN leave a bad buyer negative feedback.
    “Doing business without proper advertising is like winking at a girl in the dark. You know what you are doing but nobody else does and the girl doesn't even know you're winking at her either."

Thread Information