eBid Stores
My eBid
Upgrade to Seller+ Lifetime
eBid Help
Close
Login to Your Account
eBid Community Forums - Chat & find help from others in the eBid Community
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: And the winner of YDC 103 is.................................

Thornton Cleveleys, Lancashire, United Kingdom
    View cheaver's Feedback (+1050)
    All-About cheaver
    View cheaver's Listings
    Forum Posts

Default Re: And the winner of YDC 103 is.................................

Just to clarify: The rules have been clear, specific & in place for quite some time....

(since firstgreenisgold was the first to be clear and specific as the rules state I could only reach the conclusion that I did.... nit picking? there are always those who keep trying to bring stuff down to a personal level.... sigh)

101 YDC

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...1+announcement

102 YDC also

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...2+announcement

then the 103 YDC

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthread.php?163223-YDC-103-Announcement-Thread-LOROS-24th-28th-September-2012&highlight=YDC+103+announcement

Last edited by cheaver; 7th October 2012 at 10:51 PM.

Cheaver I've been using the same wording in my YDC auctions for the past four and a half years with no problems until now.

If now it has to be an 'exact' wording all of a sudden (which I was unaware of) then I am quite happy to step back and let FirstGreen do it if Nutty doesn't want to. I thought her mountie advert was brilliant and reminisant of the old YDC's we used to have. I've won the YDC several times in the past so I think it's time for me to bow out now and let some fresh blood in as the YDC is meant to be fun and I don't want it to turn into a bickering match.

View burgyeb's Feedback (+946)
    All-About burgyeb
    View burgyeb's Listings
    Forum Posts

As an aside; I was involved in grant writing, and extensive guidelines were provided and had to be met. Individuality and creativity was expected from respondents. The easiest way to get your grant application thrown in the trash, was to have it look like a "boiler plate grant". One taken word for word from a grant template. As long as the key requirements are included, there is no reason for everyone to write the same thing. The letter of the law diminishes the fun, enjoyment, and satisfaction that has been a part of YDC.

View NuttyKrafts's Feedback (+644)
    All-About NuttyKrafts
    View NuttyKrafts's Listings
    Forum Posts

Oh dear, this seems to be getting a bit out of hand. Until Vonz gets her internet sorted, there's not a lot we can do about it. I didn't want to win again as I thought It would be nice to give someone else a chance to raise money for their charity, plus the fact I've only been here a short while.
    However, I am quite happy to do it, but only if you are all happy for me to do so. The last thing I want is to cause any bad feeling here. Yes, I messed up big time doing the tally, but I got there in the end (with a lot of help) and have an idea to make that a bit easier for another time anyway.
    Another solution might be for be the rules to be changed slightly along the lines of " any item listed with a starting price of 99p or less will automatically be considered an entry into the YDC competition" maybe? To my mind, that will make it a lot easier for poor Vonz to sort out the winner in future.
    Nutty by name, nutty by nature.
    /

Hand made items here

Bits and pieces here

Fund raising for L.O.R.O.S. here

Books and music for L.O.R.O.S. here

Nutty you were the YDC winner, going on how the YDC has always been run in the past, and a worthy winner at that.

The last I heard was that Vonz was still in charge of the YDC and she has stated you are the winner. Other people have done two or more YDCs in a row before now and it has never been a problem but you don't have to do it if you don't want to. Lol, and we have all had to correct mistakes with the tally so don't feel you are alone !!! You did a great job.

Forum Saint
    View moonwitch's Feedback (+1616)
    All-About moonwitch
    View moonwitch's Listings
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cornishmaid1961 View Post

The last I heard was that Vonz was still in charge of the YDC and she has stated you are the winner.
    Totally with you there...I am happy to wait until Vonz to get back and give us an update

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Quote Originally Posted by cheaver View Post

Just to clarify: The rules have been clear, specific & in place for quite some time....

(since firstgreenisgold was the first to be clear and specific as the rules state I could only reach the conclusion that I did.... nit picking? there are always those who keep trying to bring stuff down to a personal level.... sigh)

101 YDC

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...1+announcement

102 YDC also

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthrea...2+announcement

then the 103 YDC

http://www.ebid.net/forums/showthread.php?163223-YDC-103-Announcement-Thread-LOROS-24th-28th-September-2012&highlight=YDC+103+announcement

There are enough jobsworths out there in the real world.

I think they should keep out of the Ebid YDCs.

Vonz has announced the winner....and Nutty has said she would like to hand over to someone else to give them a chance to pick a charity.

The spirit of the law is what counts to me...not the letter of the law.

Forum Saint
    Kingston Upon Thames, Surrey, United Kingdom
    View meebo1's Feedback (+7886)
    All-About meebo1
    View meebo1's Listings
    Forum Posts

I am not supposed to be here (taking time off the forum to get some work done) Nutty, if you decide you want to ask someone else to take on the honour (and work( of choosing a charity that will be your choice and we will go along with it. Or pick our own charity as some of us do anyway

Forum Saint
    All-About moonwitch
    Forum Posts

Go Nutty! Go Nutty!!

View NuttyKrafts's Feedback (+644)
    All-About NuttyKrafts
    View NuttyKrafts's Listings
    Forum Posts

I have just reread this and it says GUIDELINES so it's not actually the rule, as I've read it anyway by the use of the word 'should' not 'must'.

"In addition, the following guidelines apply for those items listed to be eligible for entry into the YDC event competition:

• Auctions should have a maximum start price of 0.99 GBP (or the equivalent in the seller's local currency).
    • No item listed for auction should have an expected value of more than 20.00 GBP (or the equivalent in the seller's local currency).
    • Auctions should be standard auctions (i.e. not Featured, FrontPage, or with any listing extras/enhancements other than a gallery image).
    • The following text should appear in listing descriptions:

This auction is an entry in the YDC nn charity auction competition.
    All money raised by this auction will go to: {Add the name of the charity/good cause here}. "

So in that case, I will be honoured to undertake YDC 104.
    Last edited by NuttyKrafts; 8th October 2012 at 12:08 PM.
    Nutty by name, nutty by nature.
    /

Hand made items here

Bits and pieces here

Fund raising for L.O.R.O.S. here

Books and music for L.O.R.O.S. here

Thread Information